Must See Movies

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fox needs to sell Dr. Doom back to Marvel. Immediately. They have no fucking idea what to do with Marvel's most iconic villain.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know shit about Dr Strange, but they have Cumberbatch, Swinton, Ejiofor...and now supposedly Mikkelsen. That is a pretty great cast.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know shit about Dr Strange, but they have Cumberbatch, Swinton, Ejiofor...and now supposedly Mikkelsen. That is a pretty great cast.
Who is Mikkelsen rumored to be cast as?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Margot Robbie was apparently close to being Sue Storm before she got the Harley Quinn part. Thankfully she passed on it because she is flatout perfect for Suicide Squad.

D

Deuce

I'm interested to see how you like it. This cast has more accents than you generally go for.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Meet Michael Fassbender as Callum Lynch in Assassin’s Creed.

Based on the massively popular — and prolific — video-game series of the same name, the movie version is set to open in theaters Dec. 21, 2016.

Before hardcore Assassin's Creed gamers start scratching their heads (and filling up the comments) about how exactly Callum Lynch fits into the game world, we can tell you that Fassbender’s character was created specifically for the film. (The movie isn’t retelling any of the existing games, but rather introducing new characters into the same world.)

Lynch discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society through unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. After gaining incredible knowledge and skills he’s poised to take on the oppressive Knights Templar in the present day.

Also starring Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises), Michael Kenneth Williams (12 Years a Slave), and Ariane Labed (Before Midnight), cameras start rolling for Assassin's Creed on Monday. Filming is set to happen in Malta, London, and Spain.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Mikkelsen is one of my favorite actors after his performance in Hannibal.

He perfected Lecter.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I know only a small few of you would be interested in it but Straight Outta Compton was really good. Definitely worth a watch in the theater.
I took the day off today so I went to an afternoon showing. Very good. It may have been just a bit long but still kept me engaged the entire time. Some excellent performances. The guy who played Ren was OK but the actors for rest of the NWA crew were all really good. Giamatti did a nice job as well. Also, in the movie Suge Knight comes off as every bit the psycho/thug/gangster/criminal that he appears to be in real life.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I took the day off today so I went to an afternoon showing. Very good. It may have been just a bit long but still kept me engaged the entire time. Some excellent performances. The guy who played Ren was OK but the actors for rest of the NWA crew were all really good. Giamatti did a nice job as well. Also, in the movie Suge Knight comes off as every bit the psycho/thug/gangster/criminal that he appears to be in real life.
If they ever do a Tupac movie that guy that played Tupac should be considered. He looked and sounded just like Tupac, IMO.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just watched Where Hope Grows. It's not very well written, directed, or acted. But, it is a damn good story that struck me very close to my heart. If you ever have 90 minutes of your life free, I would ask you watch it. I know I'm biased about things like this, but god damn, this is a powerful message that needs to be spread.

/shamelessandselflessplug

dallen

Senior Tech
Wes Craven died yesterday. When I think of the Boogeyman I picture Freddy Krueger. I think that says it all.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Lionsgate has officially confirmed today that it plans to produce a sequel to 2014’s critically-acclaimed revenge thriller John Wick. Keanu Reeves will return as Wick along with directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski and screenwriter, Derek Kolstad. John Wick 2 will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment and will be produced by Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk, who produced the first film.

“With such tremendous fan and critical support for ‘John Wick,’ we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” says Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have re-teamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.”

Produced on a modest $20 million budget, John Wick earned more than $78 million at the worldwide box office.

“In the follow up to last year’s adrenaline-fueled revenge and redemption thriller,” reads the sequel’s temporarily minimal plot synopsis, “legendary hit man John Wick is back.”

Jason Constantine and Eda Kowan at Lionsgate will oversee the project on behalf of the studio. Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.

Last year, ComingSoon.net had the opportunity to visit Leitch and Stahelski at their 87Eleven Action Design studio. Check out our full report right here, including a choreographed John Wick stunt video.

:towel:towel:towel

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wes Craven died yesterday. When I think of the Boogeyman I picture Freddy Krueger. I think that says it all.
The 80s was a real re-birth of horror films...NOES, Halloween, Friday the 13th were huge...but Freddy was the only one of them that actually spoke and had personality. The first one and The New Nightmare were awesome. Then the guy had Scream and The People Under the Stairs. He had a pretty remarkable year..

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I am going to have to see John Wick. Keanu generally is...not good. Terrible, actually. When it came out I saw that he was the star and immediately dismissed it.

However, people on this board rave about the movie and I have heard other people do the same. Putting it on my to do list.

Top Bottom