User Tag List

Page 149 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1540

Thread: QB Controversy Thread...

  1. #1481
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    More spin and specious arguments.

    Flush.

    But you're angruh though, so congrats.
    Flush it if you want but your head is as much in the sand as his is.

    I really don't care either way anymore. They both have their issues and you just can't ignore them while calling the other spin.
    #Fire Garrett

  2. #1482
    Senior Member E_D_Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    In all honesty, I'm cool with riding out the season with Dak but if they had decided to replace him with Romo, I would've been cool with that as well. As long as we're winning, that's all that matters to me.

    But damn. It's like blasphemy to give any type of credit to a veteran who has carried this team on his back for over a decade while criticizing the rookie who has shown his greenness at times this season.
    It isn't about discrediting what Romo has done in the past, at least not as far as I am concerned. It is about right now. I do not buy the "Romo gives the Cowboys the best chance to win in the playoffs" angle, as if it were some foregone conclusion.
    Last edited by E_D_Guapo; 12-20-2016 at 12:28 PM.

  3. The following user likes this post:


  4. #1483
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Part of nostalgia is remembering the past as though it was better then it really was.
    Man........that's a drop the mic quote right there.

    I'm not even referencing the QB controversy when I say that, it's just that your quote is so damn true and can be applied to so many things in life.

    And yes, it does apply to Romo's play as well, but I don't want to get into all that and do something to drag out an already worn out thread.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  5. The following user likes this post:


  6. #1484
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Sure has.

    The problem arises when certain segments with selective memory syndrome don't think it's ok to have a logical contrary opinion.
    Here's the thing I get the meat of your argument, I've never been a Romo hater. There have been a few times when Dak has struggled that I've had the thought "Well maybe Romo could do better."

    My issue is with the assumption that he would be, the lack of recognition that when this season is over Dak will have put together the most awesome rookie campaign in decades. The lack of recognition that Romo would have to return to 2014 form to be better than Dak, and I could make the argument that 2016 Prescott gives you a better chance to win than 2014 Romo.

  7. The following user likes this post:


  8. #1485
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,834
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Here's the thing I get the meat of your argument, I've never been a Romo hater. There have been a few times when Dak has struggled that I've had the thought "Well maybe Romo could do better."

    My issue is with the assumption that he would be, the lack of recognition that when this season is over Dak will have put together the most awesome rookie campaign in decades. The lack of recognition that Romo would have to return to 2014 form to be better than Dak, and I could make the argument that 2016 Prescott gives you a better chance to win than 2014 Romo.

    It's not an assumption on my part, it's a belief.

    The truth is, it as much as anything comes down to matchups. If we play TB/Atlanta/Detroit/GB I have very little concern.

    But I do worry if we catch NYG/Seattle and what those defenses can throw at a QB.

    I agree we are witnessing perhaps the best rookie QB campaign since maybe Marino.

  9. #1486
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    7,955
    It's important to know that the "pro-Romo" group is more of a "pro-explosive play" and "pro-experience" group.

    Dak's been fantastic and as unfair as it is to ask, we need him to be even better now heading into the playoffs.

    Dak's destroyed what Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger did as rookies. Sure Ben's Steelers won more games, but they won more than one in spite of Ben and his rookie limitations. We are winning because of Zeke, the OL, and Dak.

    But we are asking Dak to continue to buck history, because it took Ben, Russell, Marino, and Brady till their second seasons to reach the Superbowl.

  10. #1487
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,238
    Now we are labeling fans? Get out of here with that mess.
    #Fire Garrett

  11. #1488
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    It's not an assumption on my part, it's a belief.

    The truth is, it as much as anything comes down to matchups. If we play TB/Atlanta/Detroit/GB I have very little concern.

    But I do worry if we catch NYG/Seattle and what those defenses can throw at a QB.

    I agree we are witnessing perhaps the best rookie QB campaign since maybe Marino.
    Okay I can find some common ground on that. It's true that Dak's been flustered by clever defenses before, and wouldn't necessarily recognize defensive trickery that Romo could pick out.

    My issue is that I'm concerned in a Romo that can't make those throws anymore. Romo has a mind that's as sharp as any QB in football, but when he sees the throws he can make but doesn't have the capability anymore, he's a liability. Which is what happened against the Redskins in 2012, the Bears in 2013, the 49ers and Philly (the first meeting) in 2014, and the Panthers in 2015.

    If Romo's arm strength has wained, and after a 36th birthday, and yet another back injury it's not a crazy leap to assume that it has, he can see the hole in the defense but he may not be able to get the ball there.

    If Dak was playing like 2015 Brock Osweiler, I would be on the side of experience.

  12. #1489
    Senior Member E_D_Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    It's important to know that the "pro-Romo" group is more of a "pro-explosive play" and "pro-experience" group.

    Dak's been fantastic and as unfair as it is to ask, we need him to be even better now heading into the playoffs.

    Dak's destroyed what Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger did as rookies. Sure Ben's Steelers won more games, but they won more than one in spite of Ben and his rookie limitations. We are winning because of Zeke, the OL, and Dak.

    But we are asking Dak to continue to buck history, because it took Ben, Russell, Marino, and Brady till their second seasons to reach the Superbowl.
    You can believe what you want to believe but if the Cowboys lose in the playoffs and Dak doesn't play particularly well don't come in here with some "See, I told you!" bullshit. Everyone knows that Dak is a rookie and that he may come up short in the playoffs. It is entirely possible it plays out that way and it isn't exactly a prophetic notion. But any sort of declaration that Romo would have done better would be nothing more than speculative noise. Who is to say that he would even for sure have led them to homefield throughout the playoffs (assuming that is how it ends up playing out) had he taken over the job against Philly in week 8 or Cleveland in week 9? Let alone lead them to the Super Bowl, which would be an example of him bucking his own personal history.
    Last edited by E_D_Guapo; 12-20-2016 at 03:03 PM.

  13. #1490
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    It's important to know that the "pro-Romo" group is more of a "pro-explosive play" and "pro-experience" group.

    Dak's been fantastic and as unfair as it is to ask, we need him to be even better now heading into the playoffs.

    Dak's destroyed what Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger did as rookies. Sure Ben's Steelers won more games, but they won more than one in spite of Ben and his rookie limitations. We are winning because of Zeke, the OL, and Dak.

    But we are asking Dak to continue to buck history, because it took Ben, Russell, Marino, and Brady till their second seasons to reach the Superbowl.
    Dak has an outstanding supporting cast that can help carry the load.
    A dream season, exceeding ALL expectation. And now, the future looks awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •