2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've been defending Briles for a long time from all of the Tech fans that have been telling me he's a dirty sucker. I've known the he is a win at all cost guy. Over the last few years he's made it hard to defend him.

After the dirty and I mean really slimy dirty Stidham stuff last year and now this, he's pretty much in the process of dying to me. Not dead yet but definitely has a really bad disease.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Art Briles was caught in a lie when he told media that he was completely unaware of Ukwuachu's violent past and dismissal from Boise State's program when he welcomed him to Baylor's program and campus. Was Briles also unaware of Mike Orakpo's violent history and dismissal from Colorado State's program when he welcomed him to Baylor's program and campus? Was he aware of Tevin Elliot's violent character when he welcomed him to Baylor's campus? (see Jan 2014 - conviction for violent, serial rapes).

Was Briles aware of Daryl Stonum's three run-ins with the law (and two DUI convictions) when he welcomed him to Baylor's program and campus after being kicked out of Michigan's program? Was Briles aware that Ahmad Dixon had been arrested for criminal assault while he continued to play him during the 2013 season on the basis that he was not actually incarcerated at the time of the games?

Mike Orakpo, LB – Orakpo was recruited to Baylor after being expelled from Colorado State University following an arrest for a “savage beating” that injured four people, two of them seriously, and led to a drug probe when police found evidence of drugs and anabolic steroid at his residence. According to a 90-page police report, a search of Orakpo’s and another expelled CSU’s residence yielded foil packages marked as anabolic steroids, as well as hypodermic needles, nine unmarked vials, eight of them refrigerated, and three used syringes. Possession of anabolic steroids is a felony in Colorado (but apparently not in Waco). With full knowledge of Orakpo's issues, Briles welcomed him to Baylor.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ke-orakpo-joins-baylors-secondchance-allstars

Tevin Elliot, DE - Baylor player recruited by Briles who was sentenced to twenty years in prison and a $10,000 fine after being convicted in January 2014 of raping and sexually assaulting four Baylor women, including a freshman girl twice at a party at a Waco apartment complex. Prosecutor LaBorde called Elliott a violent serial rapist who can’t admit he did anything wrong because he doesn’t think he did anything wrong. Briles called Elliott a sweet young man who was a good football player and deserved a second chance.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, one of the victims, who was a freshman student at Baylor University, told officers she went to the party on April 15 at the Aspen Heights apartments at 3344 South 3rd St. and while there, met Elliott. At some point, Elliott asked her to go outside with him and although she said she didn't want to go, she told officers he was persistent, the affidavit said. As they went outside, the affidavit said, Elliott "picked up the victim and took her to the pool area and volleyball court area where she was sexually assaulted twice" telling Elliott on several occasions "she did not want this." The victim later returned to the party and told an unidentified witness about the attack. That person took her to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, the affidavit said, and police were called a short time later.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts...cle_0e8c23fa-44cc-59da-a134-de9fe39a7d5e.html

Josh Gordon, WR – arrested by police after being found stoned and asleep in the Taco Bell drive-thru at 3:30 am on Wed night prior to game with Tech. Briles played Gordon against Tech (but held him out of warm ups and Baylor's first drive as punishment) and said he was sticking by him because he was his kind of player. Gordon eventually left the Baylor program because of his third arrest for drugs in Waco, transferred to Utah where he never played because of failing another drug test and ended up at San Diego State. However, Baylor claims Gordon as one of the players it has put in the NFL. Gordon was suspended from the Cleveland Browns for a year for failing yet another drug test.

Daryl Stonum, WR – kicked out of Michigan following his third run-in with the law in three years at Michigan. When dismissed, Stonum was just coming off a season-long suspension in response to his second DUI arrest. Briles welcomed Stonum to Baylor's progam and campus.

Lache Seastrunk, RB – Recruited to Baylor under questionable circumstances after initially signing with Oregon after street-agent Willie Lyles was found to have accepted a $25K payment for delivering the recruit and leaving Oregon under investigation by a toothless NCAA.

Shawn Oakman, DE – Recruited to Baylor after kicked out of Penn State’s football program (and they put up with a lot at PSU) for theft.

Sam Ukwuachu, DE – Recruited to Baylor after being kicked out of Boise State following an arrest and an unspecified violation of team rules. Ukwuachu started in 12 games for Boise State as a freshman and was named a freshman All-American; however, he is no longer welcome at Boise State. Briles welcomed Ukwuachu to Baylor's football program and campus.

Ahmad Dixon, DB – Dixon was represented by a street agent during his recruitment and surprisingly decommitted from Texas to sign with Baylor, the first 4-star player to sign with Baylor during their streak of winless seasons. Dixon was arrested for criminal assault last last September during the season. According to the Waco Police Department, the 21-year-old male victim arrived at an apartment where Dixon and his friends were playing video games on the night of Sept. 16. Dixon became angry and began to assault the victim, punching him numerous times in his face and head causing pain and injury and a possible concussion. The victim waited until the next day to report the assault after Dixon made threats to the victim and victim‘s family . Waco police arrested Dixon who was subsequently bonded out of McLennan County Jail. Briles continued to play Dixon during every game that season because he was not actually incarcerated at the time of the games.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/09/27/baylor-football-player-arrested-on-assault-charges/

Antareis Bryan - Dallas police have arrested a Baylor football player. Antareis Bryan, a Dallas native, has been charged with aggravated robbery. He was booked into the Dallas County jail early Saturday morning on a $25,000 bond. Bryan is a starter who started every game for the Bears during 2009 and 2010.

Willie Andrews, DB - A Baylor football player was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and operating an unregistered motor vehicle. Andrews was seen driving a black Ford Crown Victoria when police received a call that there was possible drug activity in the area. Police found $6,800 in cash and a 1/2 pound of marijuana in Andrews' unregistered car.Subsequently, Andrews was arrested at his home and charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm when police responded to a call that Andrews allegedly pointed a handgun at his girlfriend's head during an argument. The handgun Andrews allegedly used was found near a dumpster at Andrews apartment complex. Andrews had previously been sentenced to 30 days in jail after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge. The gun was found in his car by Texas State Troopers during a traffic stop. At the time, Andrews was serving a two year probation.

Robbie Rhodes, WR – Rhodes was arrested on drug charges and evidence tampering in May 2014. Because Rhodes attempted to hide the drugs after being apprehended, he was also charged with tampering with physical evidence. Briles said the matter would be addressed internally and added that he expected Rhodes, who is a starter, to start every game next fall so long as he is not incarcerated at game time. However, after Briles presented evidence to the McLennan County prosecutor showing that Rhodes had once previously passed a drug test at a prior time in his life, the prosecutor said that he was dropping all charges including the evidence tampering charge due to the fact that Rhodes was too important to Waco and to Baylor’s football program. Rhodes was a four-star member of BU’s 2013 recruiting class, rated as the No. 8 wide receiver in the country and the No. 8 player in the talent-rich state of Texas at any position. With the legal path now cleared, Rhodes is expected to be a significant contributor to Baylor’s high-octane offense in 2014.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ylor-wr-robbie-rhodes-arrested-on-drug-charge.

June 2014 Update: Unable to subsist for three weeks without narcotics, Rhodes fails yet another drug test only days after getting his May drug charges dropped and is released from the team, which raises even more questions. First, how many drug tests do you have to fail to get kicked out of Baylor? Hundreds? It should be noted that Rhodes never even passed out in the Taco Bell drive-thru, so why was he kicked off the team? But the biggest question is: knowing that when player-criminals from Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, Colorado State, Boise State, Huntsville, etc, are booted out of school they transfer to Baylor, where is it that player-criminals from Baylor transfer to? Guantanamo?

Cordell Dorsey, Safety - An Abilene Cooper football standout who has committed to play for Baylor University was arrested Wednesday for alleged aggravated sexual assault of a child. In addition to his arrest, 18-year-old Cordell Dashun Dorsey has been suspended from Cooper’s football team “indefinitely,” Abilene ISD Superintendent Heath Burns said in a written statement. Cordell Dorsey has a verbal commitment to Baylor University and was recruited by Baylor Head Coach Art Briles

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Sickening -----

Wash Post article linked below. The following excerpt per the Texas Monthly recap of the trial.

The two were friendly, and shortly before two in the morning, Ukwuachu texted Doe, who replied to his message by saying that she would call him. During her testimony Tuesday, she said that she had called him moments later and agreed to go with him to get something to eat or to go to another party—but after he picked her up that night, he turned the wrong way out of her apartment complex and drove her to his apartment instead. Doe’s testimony regarding what happened in his apartment is disturbing. She described Ukwuachu as extremely agitated, getting angry with his dog and with a friend on the phone, who was in from out of town. After she resisted his initial advances, Doe testified, he began to grab her. “He was using all of his strength to pull up my dress and do stuff to me,” she said. “He had me on my stomach on the bed, and he was on top of me.” Doe testified that he pulled her dress up, pulled her underwear to the side, and forced her legs open with his toes, her head pressed between his bed and his desk, then forced himself inside of her. Doe was a virgin at the time.

Texts between Ukwuachu and Doe from earlier in the week, before the encounter, were also revealed to the jury during trial. In those messages, Doe is unambiguous that she is not interested in a physical or romantic relationship with Ukwuachu; he sent her messages like “we have unfinished business,” in reference to a previous encounter, which she characterized as Ukwuachu trying to put “moves” on her. She replied “I don’t think we need finish any business” and “let’s just chill.”

The night at his apartment, she testified, “I was screaming stop and no.” According to her testimony, after he finished, he told her “This isn’t rape,” asked her if she was going to call the police, and left her to find a ride. Two of Doe’s friends arrived in the middle of the night to pick her up, at which point she told them that Ukwuachu had raped her. The next day, Doe went to the hospital and was subject to a sexual assault nurse examination, which found vaginal injuries including redness, bleeding, and friction injuries.

“When Doe sought to avoid Ukwuachu on campus, the school didn’t move him out of the classes or tutoring sessions the two shared—instead, she had to adjust her schedule,” Texas Monthly writes. Eventually, her scholarship was reduced to the point where she was forced to transfer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...its-way-no-one-would-have-found-out-about-it/

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Tevin Elliot, DE - Baylor player recruited by Briles who was sentenced to twenty years in prison and a $10,000 fine after being convicted in January 2014 of raping and sexually assaulting four Baylor women, including a freshman girl twice at a party at a Waco apartment complex. Prosecutor LaBorde called Elliott a violent serial rapist who can’t admit he did anything wrong because he doesn’t think he did anything wrong. Briles called Elliott a sweet young man who was a good football player and deserved a second chance.
Jesus Christ.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Holy shit :unsure

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
After reading those details, I'm surprised he only got 18 months. That's BS.

The SOB should have received 5 years minimum.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
After reading those details, I'm surprised he only got 18 months. That's BS.

The SOB should have received 5 years minimum.
I agree, makes me wonder if there isn't some stuff that is being left out of that article. I find it hard to believe a judge or jury would give only 18 months if they really believe that story happened.

1bigfan13

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
I understand giving a kid a second chance but not every kid who does something wrong deserves a second chance.
I agree.

My comment was more about how Baylor has lowered their moral standards just to get talent on the field.

As I mentioned early, I expect this type of behavior out of the Oklahomas and Floridas of the world but Baylor is one of the schools like Notre Dame where you kind of hold them to a higher standard. At least I did.

D

Deuce

I agree.

My comment was more about how Baylor has lowered their moral standards just to get talent on the field.

As I mentioned early, I expect this type of behavior out of the Oklahomas and Floridas of the world but Baylor is one of the schools like Notre Dame where you kind of hold them to a higher standard. At least I did.
You can start to compete with the big boys without getting kids like that if you recruit smart and can develop talent. I'm not sure Briles has that ability. You can put up big numbers on offense because of his system with even average athletic ability. But how many guys just flat out got better as players under him. I've seen high star guys in the last few years who look the same at graduation as they did in their first game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
You can start to compete with the big boys without getting kids like that if you recruit smart and can develop talent. I'm not sure Briles has that ability. You can put up big numbers on offense because of his system with even average athletic ability. But how many guys just flat out got better as players under him. I've seen high star guys in the last few years who look the same at graduation as they did in their first game.
Not many from what I can tell. For all the electrifying plays and gawdy stats, his players typically don't turn into productive NFL players.

But if I'm a Baylor fan that wouldn't bother me at all. As long as Player X is crushing it in college I couldn't care less if that player went on to wash out in the pros.

The only time I could see that being an issue is if other Big XII schools start pointing it out to potential recruits.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not many from what I can tell. For all the electrifying plays and gawdy stats, his players typically don't turn into productive NFL players.

But if I'm a Baylor fan that wouldn't bother me at all. As long as Player X is crushing it in college I couldn't care less if that player went on to wash out in the pros.

The only time I could see that being an issue is if other Big XII schools start pointing it out to potential recruits.
They seem to be able to produce WR's for what it's worth.

1bigfan13

Staff member
KD Cannon will be playing on Sundays in a few years.
I love that guy. I think he's the next Desean Jackson.

Fair comparison or do you see him being more comparable to someone else?

1bigfan13

Staff member

It baffles me that all of these polls have Auburn ranked this highly.

They lost 5 games last year.

They lost 4 of their last 5 games, so it's not like they finished the season strong and are bringing momentum into the 2015 season.

And their best win on the year was against 4-loss Kansas St.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

It baffles me that all of these polls have Auburn ranked this highly.

They lost 5 games last year.

They lost 4 of their last 5 games, so it's not like they finished the season strong and are bringing momentum into the 2015 season.

And their best win on the year was against 4-loss Kansas St.
They are SEC man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom