Greg Hardy better appeal

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know what you said but the chances of him getting suspended later are pretty slim if he appealed it now. I don't know what his reasons are but I think if he truly wanted to play he would have appealed now.
You don't know any more than the NFLPA knew what his chances were. Do you even represent, bro?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know what you said but the chances of him getting suspended later are pretty slim if he appealed it now. I don't know what his reasons are but I think if he truly wanted to play he would have appealed now.
Surprised he isn't just sitting out the whole season. Clearly the man just doesn't want to play.

Heck why did he play all preseason and practice? I'm shocked he did any of that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Surprised he isn't just sitting out the whole season. Clearly the man just doesn't want to play.

Heck why did he play all preseason and practice? I'm shocked he did any of that.
Let's hear your best guess.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's hear your best guess.
He clearly thought he was going to lose on appeal. I don't know enough about the details to know why he thought he would lose on appeal but the NFL had learned a little bit from previous suspensions and worded Hardy's a little different so that his punishment wasn't just for domestic violence but was also for the weapons. Basically claiming 2 different suspensions.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

By the way I didn't say he didn't want to play any of the season just the 4 game suspension period. I don't know why but it appears he has carved out that part of the schedule. Maybe he thinks he will have a better chance of making his incenatives if he starts later.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the way I didn't say he didn't want to play any of the season just the 4 game suspension period. I don't know why but it appears he has carved out that part of the schedule. Maybe he thinks he will have a better chance of making his incenatives if he starts later.
How would he be more likely to reach his incentives by playing in 4 less games?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He clearly thought he was going to lose on appeal. I don't know enough about the details to know why he thought he would lose on appeal but the NFL had learned a little bit from previous suspensions and worded Hardy's a little different so that his punishment wasn't just for domestic violence but was also for the weapons. Basically claiming 2 different suspensions.
By not appealing one of the charges couldn't he still run into the same thing on the weapons charge later? If so why not appeal one of them rather than taking a suspension now? Is it your position that the current suspension will cover both charges?

Cotton

Staff member
He is slated to lose right at a million dollars because of this suspension. Yeah, he just had rather do whatever was on his calendar for those 4 weeks. Come on, man.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By not appealing one of the charges couldn't he still run into the same thing on the weapons charge later? If so why not appeal one of them rather than taking a suspension now? Is it your position that the current suspension will cover both charges?
The current suspension covers the domestic assault and the weapons stuff. Goodell did this because he knew based on the previous suspensions being cut to 2 games that he wouldn't be able to get more then that on just a domestic assault.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He is slated to lose right at a million dollars because of this suspension. Yeah, he just had rather do whatever was on his calendar for those 4 weeks. Come on, man.
It just my speculation and at the moment it is as valid as anyone else's. When we find out we will all know.

Cotton

Staff member
The current suspension covers the domestic assault and the weapons stuff. Goodell did this because he knew based on the previous suspensions being cut to 2 games that he wouldn't be able to get more then that on just a domestic assault.
Conduct detrimental to the league is what he used to differentiate.

Cotton

Staff member
It just my speculation and at the moment it is as valid as anyone else's. When we find out we will all know.
Losing a million dollars just because you don't want to play, though, makes zero sense... in any world. It's silly.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Either way Hardy is still passing up any chance of getting a reduction by trying the appeal process. The end result is the same. He is passing up a chance to try to play and earn more money.

Cotton

Staff member
Either way Hardy is still passing up any chance of getting a reduction by trying the appeal process. The end result is the same. He is passing up a chance to try to play and earn more money.
Yeah, and just maybe he and all of the lawyers at his disposal feel like he might not win, and had rather take the suspension early in the season rather than late.

This is a silly conversation.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, and just maybe he and all of the lawyers at his disposal feel like he might not win, and had rather take the suspension early in the season rather than late.

This is a silly conversation.
Yeah maybe.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually sort of wonder if Hardy didn't have some sort of a deal in place to get that reduction down to 4 games but both sides decided it was best not to disclose it as an agreement.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What about the money he would have to spend on his Lawyers to appeal?

Top Bottom