Thursday Night Chatter Thread - Week 1 | Patriots v. Steelers | /09/10/2015

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah, not sure if they got desperate because of the yards to gain or what, but damn just have faith in your offense. If you don't get it, fine, but don't be dumb and put yourself in worse FP.
There was no need to get desperate. It was 1st down and they were literally averaging over 10 yards per play up until that point.

And of course they just miss the FG. All thanks to that drive wrecking, idiotic play call.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, not sure if they got desperate because of the yards to gain or what, but damn just have faith in your offense. If you don't get it, fine, but don't be dumb and put yourself in worse FP.
It was a 1st and 10.

Absolutely no excuse to call that play there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There was no need to get desperate. It was 1st down and they were literally averaging over 10 yards per play up until that point.

And of course they just miss the FG. All thanks to that drive wrecking, idiotic play call.
I agree. Just calling it how I saw it. Why else would they panic and call a double pass on 1st and like 18?

Cotton

Staff member
It was a 1st and 10.

Absolutely no excuse to call that play there.
I agree. :lol

Did my post come off as agreeing with the playcall? If so, not sure how.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yup.

I'll never understand why teams call dumb shit like that when they are moving the ball with ease.

Steelers ruined their own drive.
Todd Haley.

Need I say more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree. :lol

Did my post come off as agreeing with the playcall? If so, not sure how.
I didn't think you agreed with the call, but you suggested that they may have gotten desperate because of the distance, but that doesn't apply because it was a 1st and 10.

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't think you agreed with the call, but you suggested that they may have gotten desperate because of the distance, but that doesn't apply because it was a 1st and 10.
Oh, I thought it was after the penalty. Didn't realize it was 1st and 10.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Everyone keeps talking about Brady and the Patriots playing with a chip on their shoulder and going on a 2007 type run. I don't see that happening at all.

First of all their division will be better. The Dolphins are probably a 10 win team and the Bills can probably put up close to 8 wins.

Second, that 2007 Pats team had more talent across the board.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everyone keeps talking about Brady and the Patriots playing with a chip on their shoulder and going on a 2007 type run. I don't see that happening at all.

First of all their division will be better. The Dolphins are probably a 10 win team and the Bills can probably put up close to 8 wins.

Second, that 2007 Pats team had more talent across the board.
The Patriots defense isn't very talented. Their offense is basically 2 guys. I just don't see it. They will make the playoffs because of Brady, but as a team they aren't that talented.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Al Michaels reporting that they just got word that the Steeler's coaches headsets are malfunctioning. They are picking up the Pats radio broadcast.

Shocking I tell you.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Patriots defense isn't very talented. Their offense is basically 2 guys. I just don't see it. They will make the playoffs because of Brady, but as a team they aren't that talented.
Other than Gronk they have no one on offense who scares you.

The big play threat isn't their like it was 8 years ago. It's going to be a lot of dinking and dunking. Which they're great at, of course. But I think it's pretty obvious that the more plays you have to run to score the greater the odds of you making a mistake.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Al Michaels reporting that they just got word that the Steeler's coaches headsets are malfunctioning. They are picking up the Pats radio broadcast.

Shocking I tell you.
It's like the boy who cried wolf. Now anything goes wrong like that in the Patriots favor and I'm going to automatically assume they are cheating.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Shocking I tell you.
Yeah I heard that. I kind of thought he was half-joking.

Cotton

Staff member
Their offense is solid. Their defense, not so much. Especially without Wilfork.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Shocking I tell you.
:lol

Unreal. After everything, still just going to give the league the middle finger.

Top Bottom