Giants Stuff...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Regarding JPP, don't you need two good hands to lift weights? How can he stay in shape if he can't?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Zack Martin a full go at Cowboys practice

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – The Dallas Cowboys offense did not have Tony Romo on the field for Wednesday’s practice but they were closer to full strength with Zack Martin practicing for the first time since suffering a stinger Aug. 17 against the St. Louis Rams.

Martin, who is wearing a neck roll, went through a full practice, as did wide receiver Dez Bryant, who did not play in the preseason because of a nagging hamstring injury.

Quarterback Brandon Weeden took over the first-team snaps for Romo, who rested his back, and went through a full practice now that he is recovered from a concussion suffered Aug. 23 against the San Francisco 49ers. Weeden practiced twice last week but did not play in the preseason finale against the Houston Texans.

Defensive starters, safety J.J. Wilcox and linebacker Anthony Hitchens were limited in their returns to practice. Wilcox has been bothered by a neck sprain for the last 10 days and Hitchens has missed nearly a month with a sprained foot. The Cowboys hope Hitchens can be active Sunday against the New York Giants, but he might not be able to start.

Safety Danny McCray (neck) was a full participant, while tight end James Hanna (knee) and wide receiver Devin Street (ankle) were limited.

Cotton

Staff member

townsend

Banned
:lol
Was this the overrated line that fucking stonewalled the Giants for like 9 seconds? The erratic QB that cut them to ribbons last year? This is some Beth Carrera shit right here.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Dayum.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Love it!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why Jason Pierre-Paul Avoided The Giants All Summer

Barry Petchesky
Filed to: JASON PIERRE-PAUL
9/09/15 8:50am

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul met with the Giants on Monday for the first time all year, and let team doctors examine his injured hand for the first time since losing his index finger in a fireworks accident. But the timing of his return, so close to the start of the season, was no accident: Pierre-Paul was just waiting for a certain deadline to pass to prevent the Giants from withholding six game checks.

Pierre-Paul has a $14.8 million franchise tender on the table, and all summer long, since his injury, his camp has been insisting that everyone would be surprised at how good his health is, that he’d be ready to go “early in the season”—perhaps even by Week 1. The Giants, after examining JPP’s hand at a Manhattan hospital, did not like what they saw. Pierre-Paul will fly home to Florida without a contract.

As of Saturday, Sept. 5, when rosters were finalized and the NFL’s injury-list rules changed, there were only three options for JPP and the Giants. The first was New York signing him whether he’s ready to play or not, and paying him his full salary even if he misses a few games to start the year. The Giants wouldn’t go for that. The second was signing him and putting him on the Non-Football Injury List, which would force him to sit out all season without pay. Pierre-Paul wouldn’t go for that. The third is exactly what happened: without a contract, JPP will work out on his own, away from the team, until the Giants believe he’s ready to play. They’ll then sign him to a pro-rated franchise tender that pays him only for the games he does play.

Until a few days ago there was a fourth option, one Pierre-Paul believed (with good reason) the Giants would have tried to exercise. They could have signed JPP and placed him on the preseason Non-Football Injury List, which until Saturday would have required him to miss just six games—not the whole season—again without pay.

The Giants would have loved that: they would clear JPP’s roster spot, avoid having to pay him for games missed, and get him back for Week 7, when he’ll likely be back to 100 percent. But Pierre-Paul, who believes he’ll be 100 percent before then (even if he’s not quite there now), didn’t want to give the Giants that option. That’s why he wouldn’t allow team staff to visit him in the hospital after his injury and his surgery, and why he stayed away from camp until after Saturday’s deadline had passed.

It’s a gamble for Pierre-Paul, but a wise one if he’s ready to play sooner than six weeks. The Giants, desperate for his pass-rush abilities in a depleted defense, will give him a prorated contract. With each game check being worth nearly $930,000, the difference between six and, say, four missed and unpaid games is a big deal.

--------

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Why Jason Pierre-Paul Avoided The Giants All Summer

Barry Petchesky
Filed to: JASON PIERRE-PAUL
9/09/15 8:50am

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul met with the Giants on Monday for the first time all year, and let team doctors examine his injured hand for the first time since losing his index finger in a fireworks accident. But the timing of his return, so close to the start of the season, was no accident: Pierre-Paul was just waiting for a certain deadline to pass to prevent the Giants from withholding six game checks.

Pierre-Paul has a $14.8 million franchise tender on the table, and all summer long, since his injury, his camp has been insisting that everyone would be surprised at how good his health is, that he’d be ready to go “early in the season”—perhaps even by Week 1. The Giants, after examining JPP’s hand at a Manhattan hospital, did not like what they saw. Pierre-Paul will fly home to Florida without a contract.

As of Saturday, Sept. 5, when rosters were finalized and the NFL’s injury-list rules changed, there were only three options for JPP and the Giants. The first was New York signing him whether he’s ready to play or not, and paying him his full salary even if he misses a few games to start the year. The Giants wouldn’t go for that. The second was signing him and putting him on the Non-Football Injury List, which would force him to sit out all season without pay. Pierre-Paul wouldn’t go for that. The third is exactly what happened: without a contract, JPP will work out on his own, away from the team, until the Giants believe he’s ready to play. They’ll then sign him to a pro-rated franchise tender that pays him only for the games he does play.

Until a few days ago there was a fourth option, one Pierre-Paul believed (with good reason) the Giants would have tried to exercise. They could have signed JPP and placed him on the preseason Non-Football Injury List, which until Saturday would have required him to miss just six games—not the whole season—again without pay.

The Giants would have loved that: they would clear JPP’s roster spot, avoid having to pay him for games missed, and get him back for Week 7, when he’ll likely be back to 100 percent. But Pierre-Paul, who believes he’ll be 100 percent before then (even if he’s not quite there now), didn’t want to give the Giants that option. That’s why he wouldn’t allow team staff to visit him in the hospital after his injury and his surgery, and why he stayed away from camp until after Saturday’s deadline had passed.

It’s a gamble for Pierre-Paul, but a wise one if he’s ready to play sooner than six weeks. The Giants, desperate for his pass-rush abilities in a depleted defense, will give him a prorated contract. With each game check being worth nearly $930,000, the difference between six and, say, four missed and unpaid games is a big deal.

--------
Yea I basically said this about 10 posts ago, all that talk of him being ready to go was just bullshit being floated by his people.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don’t ask ‘pissed off’ Cowboys about Odell Beckham’s catch
By Bart HubbuchSeptember 9, 2015 | 10:40pm
Modal Trigger

Don’t ask ‘pissed off’ Cowboys about Odell Beckham’s catch
Brandon Carr, who was the victim of Odell Beckham's incredible catch last season, said he is sick and tired of talking about the play.

IRVING, Texas — The Cowboys won the game, but “The Catch” is still a touchy subject around here almost a year later.
Not only do they want to act as if Odell Beckham Jr.’s miraculous one-handed grab against them last November never happened, but mention it to the primary defender victimized on the play and watch the expletives fly.
“You’re pissing me off with these questions,” Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr barked at The Post on Wednesday when asked about Beckham and the play heading into their personal rematch Sunday night at AT&T Stadium.

Carr is nursing an injured hand, so that might account for some of his grumpiness. But the veteran corner more likely is nursing injured pride after more questions about being posterized on national TV at MetLife Stadium on the play that started Beckham on the road to superstardom.

Dallas ended up winning the game, 31-28, but that fact seems all but forgotten. The only moment from that game that still lingers — and will for a long time — is Beckham practically reaching to the sky to haul in a 43-yard Eli Manning TD grab down the right sideline.
As well as it being eye-popping, Beckham added to the degree of difficulty by making the grab in double coverage (safety Barry Church was closing fast with Carr) while being interfered with by a falling Carr.
No wonder Carr didn’t want to talk about it Wednesday, grimacing and groaning as soon as Beckham’s name was mentioned.

“I’m sick of talking about it a year later,” said Carr, an eight-year veteran who came to Dallas from the Chiefs three years ago. “It’s old. I don’t want to talk about no more, but y’all [media] just keep bringing it up, though. I’ll just go out and handle it, though. I’ve been through a lot.”

At least Carr gets credit for facing the cameras Wednesday when he knew the primary — and perhaps only — topic would be Beckham. The same couldn’t be said for Church, a six-year pro who was nowhere to be seen in the Cowboys’ locker room during the media access period.

After a handful of questions about the play, Carr grudgingly credited Beckham.
“It was a great grab,” Carr said. “Kudos to him. I just bounced back and continue to play. That’s all I do. And answer these questions a year later.”

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett wasn’t eager to relive ‘‘The Catch,’’ either. He only mentioned it in passing when asked Wednesday about Beckham and prodded for an assessment of the Giants’ second-year sensation.
“Oh, I just think he’s a really good player,” Garrett said. “He’s a really good route runner. He obviously can make a lot of plays both down the field and make plays over his head like we’ve all seen.

“He’s dynamic with the ball in his hands running with it after he makes the catch, and he’s just one of those guys who seems to be really productive,” Garrett added. “He’s come through a lot over the course of his short career. To have the production he had over the course of 12 games last year was pretty impressive. He’s a damn good football player.”

Carr agreed, offering high praise for Beckham just as long as you didn’t ask him about “The Catch.”
“He’s a guy with exceptional ability and a big catch radius,” Carr said. “And he’s a small guy that plays big.”
As Carr learned all too vividly — up close and personal — nine months ago at the Meadowlands

Jiggyfly

Banned
Giants talking ‘tight buttholes’ and must-win for Week 1
By Paul SchwartzSeptember 9, 2015 | 5:50pm

All that is riding on the Giants season opener is … everything.
Especially if they lose.
“I think that can break the team’s morale, especially with the guys who have already been here and who have already experienced 0-1, then 0-2 and then 0-6,’’ cornerback Prince Amukamara said Wednesday, sounding an immediate alarm. “It’s just a bad taste in your mouth and with this organization that wants to win now and always has a sense of urgency.’’

Amukamara knows of what he speaks. The Giants have lost four consecutive season openers – twice against the Cowboys, their opponent Sunday night at AT&T Stadium – and not having reached the playoffs the past three seasons means the bad start led to a bad finish.
“Outside looking in, like I could see everyone’s — sorry for this expression — butthole getting tight, like everyone just feeling like they’re on the hot seat,’’ he said. “You definitely don’t want that feeling around here. It’s a bad disease. There’s a lot riding on this game, and I’m sure everyone knows that.”

There is so much negativity getting dumped on the Giants: They are no one’s pick to win the NFC East, and there is not much evidence to suggest they have upgraded much, if at all, from a team that went 6-10 in 2014. There have been plenty of changes, but most prognosticators have the Giants pegged once again to be a third-place team, behind the Cowboys and Eagles, or Eagles and Cowboys.
“After this weekend, 1-0 is the best you can be and 0-1 is the worst you can be, so you definitely don’t want to be the worst,’’ veteran defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins said.

In each of the past two seasons, the Giants dropped their opener on the road — 2013 in Dallas, 2014 in Detroit — and continued on a downward spiral, going 0-6 in 2013 and 0-2 in 2014. It is no wonder Tom Coughlin wanted nothing to do with a trip down memory lane and would not engage in an analysis of how damaging season-opening losses have been to his team.

“I don’t want to go there,’’ Coughlin said. “We’re trying to win. We’re looking forward to the opener. I don’t remember a loss. We won a few, too. I’m not interested in that part of it right now. All I’m interested in is getting these people ready to play. I’m excited about playing, and let’s go see what we’ve got.’’

The Giants head into this game without Jason Pierre-Paul – back in Florida attending to his damaged right hand – and most likely without Victor Cruz, unable to practice with a strained calf. They are six-point underdogs.
“Well, any time you lose the first game, regardless of what happens throughout the season, you’ve got to win at least two games back-to-back to get above .500,’’ said Jenkins, asked to help make up for Pierre-Paul’s absence despite dealing with a hamstring issue. “If you dig an even bigger hole for yourself then it becomes that much tougher. We’ve got to stop putting ourselves in that hole early and kind of get a jump on things record-wise from the start. We have to start 1-0.’’

Any declarative sentence that includes “have to’’ more than indicates this is must-win territory.
“Must-wins games are always tricky,’’ Jenkins said. “You don’t want to say something’s a must-win game because it’s a long season. It is kind of a must-win game because we always kind of emphasize winning the division games, especially first game of the year, so in that aspect, yeah, it is a must-win game.’’
Amukamara, who will see plenty of Dez Bryant on Sunday night, sees nothing tricky about it.

“I mean, anytime you go 1-0 in the first week, it kinda builds up the team morale and the culture around there,’’ he said. “But going 1-0 against a division opponent, it’s just even that more sweeter, There’s a lot riding on this game, and I know everyone knows about it.
“Yeah, I would say for sure it’s a ‘must-win.’ Yeah, I would say it’s very important.”

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've had multiple arguments with Giants fans about ODB's catch vs. Terrence Williams catch against the Seahawks.

My argument is that Williams' catch actually took more skills to pull off and it was a clutch catch that helped the team beat a great Seattle team.

ODB's catch had more to do with the gloves and an incredible amount of luck. It's right up there with David Tyree's "helmet catch" as one of the luckiest catches of all time.

Whereas Williams actually had to catch a ball in a tight window, while running full speed towards the sidelines and dragging his toes in the process. Plus if he doesn't catch that pass the Cowboys probably lose that game.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Giants talking ‘tight buttholes’ and must-win for Week 1
By Paul SchwartzSeptember 9, 2015 | 5:50pm

All that is riding on the Giants season opener is … everything.
Especially if they lose.
“I think that can break the team’s morale, especially with the guys who have already been here and who have already experienced 0-1, then 0-2 and then 0-6,’’ cornerback Prince Amukamara said Wednesday, sounding an immediate alarm. “It’s just a bad taste in your mouth and with this organization that wants to win now and always has a sense of urgency.’’

Amukamara knows of what he speaks. The Giants have lost four consecutive season openers – twice against the Cowboys, their opponent Sunday night at AT&T Stadium – and not having reached the playoffs the past three seasons means the bad start led to a bad finish.
“Outside looking in, like I could see everyone’s — sorry for this expression — butthole getting tight, like everyone just feeling like they’re on the hot seat,’’ he said. “You definitely don’t want that feeling around here. It’s a bad disease. There’s a lot riding on this game, and I’m sure everyone knows that.”

There is so much negativity getting dumped on the Giants: They are no one’s pick to win the NFC East, and there is not much evidence to suggest they have upgraded much, if at all, from a team that went 6-10 in 2014. There have been plenty of changes, but most prognosticators have the Giants pegged once again to be a third-place team, behind the Cowboys and Eagles, or Eagles and Cowboys.
“After this weekend, 1-0 is the best you can be and 0-1 is the worst you can be, so you definitely don’t want to be the worst,’’ veteran defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins said.

In each of the past two seasons, the Giants dropped their opener on the road — 2013 in Dallas, 2014 in Detroit — and continued on a downward spiral, going 0-6 in 2013 and 0-2 in 2014. It is no wonder Tom Coughlin wanted nothing to do with a trip down memory lane and would not engage in an analysis of how damaging season-opening losses have been to his team.

“I don’t want to go there,’’ Coughlin said. “We’re trying to win. We’re looking forward to the opener. I don’t remember a loss. We won a few, too. I’m not interested in that part of it right now. All I’m interested in is getting these people ready to play. I’m excited about playing, and let’s go see what we’ve got.’’

The Giants head into this game without Jason Pierre-Paul – back in Florida attending to his damaged right hand – and most likely without Victor Cruz, unable to practice with a strained calf. They are six-point underdogs.
“Well, any time you lose the first game, regardless of what happens throughout the season, you’ve got to win at least two games back-to-back to get above .500,’’ said Jenkins, asked to help make up for Pierre-Paul’s absence despite dealing with a hamstring issue. “If you dig an even bigger hole for yourself then it becomes that much tougher. We’ve got to stop putting ourselves in that hole early and kind of get a jump on things record-wise from the start. We have to start 1-0.’’

Any declarative sentence that includes “have to’’ more than indicates this is must-win territory.
“Must-wins games are always tricky,’’ Jenkins said. “You don’t want to say something’s a must-win game because it’s a long season. It is kind of a must-win game because we always kind of emphasize winning the division games, especially first game of the year, so in that aspect, yeah, it is a must-win game.’’
Amukamara, who will see plenty of Dez Bryant on Sunday night, sees nothing tricky about it.

“I mean, anytime you go 1-0 in the first week, it kinda builds up the team morale and the culture around there,’’ he said. “But going 1-0 against a division opponent, it’s just even that more sweeter, There’s a lot riding on this game, and I know everyone knows about it.
“Yeah, I would say for sure it’s a ‘must-win.’ Yeah, I would say it’s very important.”
Amukamara loses his virginity now all he wants to talk about is buttholes. Sex addict.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've had multiple arguments with Giants fans about ODB's catch vs. Terrence Williams catch against the Seahawks.

My argument is that Williams' catch actually took more skills to pull off and it was a clutch catch that helped the team beat a great Seattle team.

ODB's catch had more to do with the gloves and an incredible amount of luck. It's right up there with David Tyree's "helmet catch" as one of the luckiest catches of all time.

Whereas Williams actually had to catch a ball in a tight window, while running full speed towards the sidelines and dragging his toes in the process. Plus if he doesn't catch that pass the Cowboys probably lose that game.
In a way Beckham's catch basically amounts to him falling backwards and throwing his hand up in a last ditch effort, so in a way it was luck in that the ball just stuck while Williams had to consciously make an effort to keep his toes in while fully extending for the catch, as opposed to Beckham just throwing his hand up and seeing what happens.

But it gets more pub because it was a SNF game and the aesthetics of it evoke awe and wonder.

At the end of the day, it's one catch and one TD in a game they lost, who cares?

I think the Dez TD's against Detroit and Green Bay in 2013 were just as impressive, if not more so, and there are probably at least 10-20 others per year that are just as impressive but for whatever reason this particular catch has took on iconic status.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Not to mention ODB had to pull Carr down as well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They lost the game and missed the playoffs by a lot, yet they are still caring about that catch?

~cough~losers~cough~

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
In a way Beckham's catch basically amounts to him falling backwards and throwing his hand up in a last ditch effort, so in a way it was luck in that the ball just stuck while Williams had to consciously make an effort to keep his toes in while fully extending for the catch, as opposed to Beckham just throwing his hand up and seeing what happens.

But it gets more pub because it was a SNF game and the aesthetics of it evoke awe and wonder.

At the end of the day, it's one catch and one TD in a game they lost, who cares?

I think the Dez TD's against Detroit and Green Bay in 2013 were just as impressive, if not more so, and there are probably at least 10-20 others per year that are just as impressive but for whatever reason this particular catch has took on iconic status.
They lost the game and missed the playoffs by a lot, yet they are still caring about that catch?

~cough~losers~cough~
Agreed, but you cannot tell me you didn't go OHSHEEEET when you saw that catch.

dallen

Senior Tech
All Carr has to say is "Scoreboard. Next question." If you want people to quit asking you about it then quit giving them stories to write about it...

Top Bottom