PFT: Isaiah Crowell to donate first game check of season to police charity

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Isaiah Crowell to donate first game check of season to police charity

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 13, 2016, 6:00 AM EDT

Browns running back Isaiah Crowell has already apologized, and has already been told that wasn’t enough.

Now, the man who posted and quickly deleted a drawing of a man killing a police officer last week is putting his money where his mouth is.

Crowell told TMZ Sports he was donating his first game check of the season to the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation, which supports officers killed in duty like the five last week. Crowell’s unfortunate post came before the Dallas shootings, but after a pair of men were shot and killed by police in Louisiana and Minnesota.

“I would never wish violence on anyone, especially a police officer,” Crowell said. “I’m sorry to all the Browns fans, all the people who support my career and all the kids out there who look up to me. But most of all, all the good police officers who are out there protecting us every day. By posting that picture, I became part of the problem. And I don’t want to be part of the problem, I want to be part of the solution. . . .

“I know this may not change your mind about me, and I can’t take the post back. But I’m sorry, and moving forward, I’m committed to being part of the solution.”

Crowell’s scheduled to make $600,000 this year, which would put his donation at $35,294.

He’s right that the gesture won’t change some minds, but it’s also the kind of thing he has to do if he’s going to convince his employers of his contrition, in hopes of hanging onto the rest of his paychecks.

Dumbass.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It feels like that first post is how he really feels, and the subsequent statement and donation is his agent trying to quell backlash.

data

Forbes #1
Egregiousness of the picture nails his coffin. One thing to just say F the popo, whole nother tier with what he signed off on.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It feels like that first post is how he really feels, and the subsequent statement and donation is his agent trying to quell backlash.
And most of all, keep his job.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Egregiousness of the picture nails his coffin. One thing to just say F the popo, whole nother tier with what he signed off on.
Yeah that picture wasn't just a little offensive. It was literally supporting the murdering of police officers. The best thing can hope to do is fade back into the background and hope people forget what he did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's a fucktard and giving a game check for this is the least he could do. But I bet this was not his solution.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He's a fucktard and giving a game check for this is the least he could do. But I bet this was not his solution.
You know it wasn't. It either came from the team or his PR people.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know it wasn't. It either came from the team or his PR people.
I would say the team, especially since the PD basically told the Browns, fuck you, we are not providing assistance on gamedays.

His "PR people" could have even endorsed that stupid shit for all we know.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
~Berman head swing~
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION]

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I would say the team, especially since the PD basically told the Browns, fuck you, we are not providing assistance on gamedays.

His "PR people" could have even endorsed that stupid shit for all we know.
Probably his agent. Pretty smart, actually. Now if they cut him, they'll be costing the police 35 thousand dollars.

They should just cut him Week Two...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Dumbass post by Crowell.

It still amazes me that people don't grasp that freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean freedom from consequences; especially when you're a high profile person or public figure.

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
D!ckhead move on his part and yeah, he was only apologetic after there was backlash. How in the hell can anyone think that was an acceptable picture to post?

Top Bottom