Giants Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
JPP feels “ready to go,” but money may remain an issue

Posted by Josh Alper on September 7, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT

The Giants and Jason Pierre-Paul got together in New Jersey on Monday for the first time since the July 4 fireworks accident that fractured Pierre-Paul’s right thumb and required the amputation of his right index finger.

Pierre-Paul took a physical and met with the team for several hours as they try to map out a plan for his return to the field this season. Jordan Raanan of NJ.com reports that Pierre-Paul is in good shape and feels “ready to go,” adding that he “probably could return to play” against the Cowboys this week even though he isn’t 100 percent healed from his injuries.

The Giants may not agree, especially since Pierre-Paul would have to wear a cast on his right hand in order to get on the field at this point.

“We need a healthy Jason Pierre-Paul, certainly,” coach Tom Coughlin said Monday. “He’s a guy that would add to our team provided he’s healthy and he can play at the level he’s played at.

Beyond the physical concerns, financial issues may need to be sorted out before Pierre-Paul, who hasn’t signed his franchise tag, is officially back in the fold.

Per Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer of NFL Media, the Giants do not want to pay Pierre-Paul the full $14.8 million he’s due under the franchise tag because he suffered his injuries away from the field and, as has been reported many times since the accident, Pierre-Paul doesn’t want to go on the non-football injury list that would allow the Giants to withhold his salary for at least six weeks of the season. The two sides could find another arrangement, with the possibility of a lower salary and incentives that would allow Pierre-Paul to earn more money if he’s healthy enough to have an impact on defense for the Giants.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The first "stuff" thread of 2015. :towel

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jpp hasn't even signed yet, hasn't practiced for months, and has a major hand injury including a newly lost finger.

He can't possibly play this week.

Right?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jpp hasn't even signed yet, hasn't practiced for months, and has a major hand injury including a newly lost finger.

Right?
If he does then you would have to think Tyron would have an easy day.

Cotton

Staff member

Right?
He is signed. Or at least he is held by the tag designation. Not sure if he has signed it yet, but I don't think he has. He has not reported, though. No way he plays Sunday night.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Right?
They got to get him to sign first. I don't see it happening.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Likely no salsa from Cruz either.

More details to come in the primer. :art

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is clearly a ploy by JPP to keep his powder dry. I mean come on, he won't meet with the Giants doctors at all after the surgery, he didn't spend a second at training camp and now all of a sudden he's ready to roll?

No, this is his forming a legal argument that he is eligible for the full franchise tag.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So he blows his hand apart, misses TC and preseason, only now checked out by team docters, isn't even signed yet and is still negotiating... yet guaranteed he plays and maybe even starts on the 13th.

This guy has been average his whole career... except in games vs Dallas. He'll play because he's built his career on playing us.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's not playing this week, and if by some miracle he does, he will get his dick knocked in the dirt all night by Tyron as booze likes to say.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's not playing this week, and if by some miracle he does, he will get his dick knocked in the dirt all night by Tyron as booze likes to say.
He should. But somehow, some way that turd always comes up with one big pain in the ass play. He'll be garbage for weeks after that, but for some reason the ball bounces his way vs Dallas.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He should. But somehow, some way that turd always comes up with one big pain in the ass play. He'll be garbage for weeks after that, but for some reason the ball bounces his way vs Dallas.
Really? I haven't noticed.

A guy who was really a pain in our ass was London Fletcher. I'm glad that SOB retired.

Cotton

Staff member
Really? I haven't noticed.

A guy who was really a pain in our ass was London Fletcher. I'm glad that SOB retired.
And that chicken neck fucker from San Fran. What the hell was his name?

kidd

DCC 4Life
He's from Dallas interestingly enough.

He's also currently NFL Vice President of Operations in charge of player conduct.
Yeah he was one of the main ones who wasn't condoning Chad Johnson's (Ochocinco's) antics. Even made him change shoes prior to a game.

But yeah, I fantasized about him getting his neck broke when he played us.

I also hated that RB from the Giants. What was his name? Had a big mouth.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Brandon Jacobs! Oh how I hated that dude!

I'm not one to wish injuries on a player but if he ever blew out a knee or separated a shoulder, I wouldn't exactly feel bad for him.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Brandon Jacobs! Oh how I hated that dude!

I'm not one to wish injuries on a player but if he ever blew out a knee or separated a shoulder, I wouldn't exactly feel bad for him.
you know we are all getting old when Brandon Jacobs is a forgotten name haha

Top Bottom