A new/old DCC coming...

D

Deuce

Since we're bringing back the main page, I'd like to see some members out out some columns as we used to have as well. It brings a little different flavor than the primers and maybe boost traffic throughout the week if someone is good at it.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Player profiles, fantasy football projections, post game reactions. Shit for me to read while on a plane or in a hotel. Make it hap'n Cap'n!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Since we're bringing back the main page, I'd like to see some members out out some columns as we used to have as well. It brings a little different flavor than the primers and maybe boost traffic throughout the week if someone is good at it.
Yeah, that would be cool. We could also take two posters that have disagreed on a certain topic and do a point/counterpoint type thing, as well.

Cotton

Staff member
Player profiles, fantasy football projections, post game reactions. Shit for me to read while on a plane or in a hotel. Make it hap'n Cap'n!
I could do the post game reaction if we lose a late game. After drinking all day, that would interesting, to say the least. :lol

D

Deuce

I could do the post game reaction if we lose a late game. After drinking all day, that would interesting, to say the least. :lol
I'd rather reopen chat for game days and then put up screenshots during important (good and bad) moments in a post game wrap up.

Cotton

Staff member
I'd rather reopen chat for game days and then put up screenshots during important (good and bad) moments in a post game wrap up.
Ohh, maybe we can have someone in charge of going through the gameday threads and compiling posts during certain times of that game. For example reactions when Dez did/didn't catch the ball. And put all of those into a thread. It would be some work, but the entertainment value would be epic.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Could do a "best of the GameDay chatter" type of thing. Chat was gone before I was around, but that would be cool as well.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Well fuck me, timestapped by cotton.

D

Deuce

Ohh, maybe we can have someone in charge of going through the gameday threads and compiling posts during certain times of that game. For example reactions when Dez did/didn't catch the ball. And put all of those into a thread. It would be some work, but the entertainment value would be epic.
Yea, like picking a play each quarter, putting a gif or just explanation of the situation and then some reactions to it. Then some random thoughts in the post game version of the thread.

Im looking forward to the first game Romo throws a game clinching int. Lots of "F you, Tony's" followed by Kidd defending him.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea, like picking a play each quarter, putting a gif or just explanation of the situation and then some reactions to it. Then some random thoughts in the post game version of the thread.

Im looking forward to the first game Romo throws a game clinching int. Lots of "F you, Tony's" followed by Kidd defending him.
Yeah, I think that could be really cool. It would be easy to compile the posts. It would just take a little time. But, like I said, I think the payoff would be great for the week following the games and that thread could produce its own epic comments.

Cotton

Staff member
Could do a "best of the GameDay chatter" type of thing. Chat was gone before I was around, but that would be cool as well.
I liked the chat feature, but I can see the argument that it doesn't bode well for keeping comments to do a thread like we are talking about now.

data

Forbes #1
Or just play 'draw the nipple' on a pic of Schmitty's tits

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really like the "Hot Take" suggestion that Iamtdg brought up in one of the threads.

Too often they get lost in a thread and it turns into pissing contest.

I think it would be kind of cool to give people a platform for their hot takes and there it is, no archives needed.

dallen

Senior Tech
Booze's training camp primer is up. For now we are just using a simple redirect. I am still looking into if there is a way we can bring back the home page functionality we had back in the day. That seems to have been removed from vBulletin at some point

D

Deuce

I really like the "Hot Take" suggestion that Iamtdg brought up in one of the threads.

Too often they get lost in a thread and it turns into pissing contest.

I think it would be kind of cool to give people a platform for their hot takes and there it is, no archives needed.
Great, so now Jiggy has a place to go all Stephen A. Smith and it can't be ignored or just simply missed.

Youll regret this.

data

Forbes #1
Perfect timing for the Flattys to be taken seriously.

The categories:
1. Dumbest hyperbole/heat-of-the-moment reaction
2. Worst prediction
3. Funniest post
5. Best original meme/gif/pic/photoshop
6. Most overdrawn debate
7. Biggest fail
8. Best take

we'll have a thread to document the nominees and have an end-of-season poll for everyone to vote.

Cotton

Staff member
Perfect timing for the Flattys to be taken seriously.

The categories:
1. Dumbest hyperbole/heat-of-the-moment reaction
2. Worst prediction
3. Funniest post
5. Best original meme/gif/pic/photoshop
6. Most overdrawn debate
7. Biggest fail
8. Best take

we'll have a thread to document the nominees and have an end-of-season poll for everyone to vote.
Make it happen.

Top Bottom