Most dominant athletes of the last 25 years

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Vince Young had one dominant year. 2005. 2003 Texas lost 3 games. One of them was Oklahoma. 2004 they were better but lost to the Oklahoma team again. He finally had a dominant season in 2005 but if you want to say that is sufficient to make a dominant player his entire college careerl then to each his own.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd say Peyton Manning if it wasn't for all of his terrible playoff performances.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
It's hard to put collegiate careers up against pro careers because they are so short. If you claim VY was one of the most dominant college football players of the last 25 years, that's fine, but you're limiting the sample size.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tim Tebow was an alltimer of a college QB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have waited and gave everybody a chance but the correct answer is Joey Gallo of course.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jordan
Shaq
Phelps
Lance Armstrong
Tiger Woods

That would be my top 5 most dominant athletes of the last 25 years.
Armstrong? I wouldn't have an admitted roider in my top 5.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Agreed.

Vince absolutely took over games. If he wasn't beating you with his arm, he was driving defenses made with his legs.

He was unstoppable when he was at his best.
Colt McCoy had just as many total yards as Vince and about the same record.

Winston as well, this Young myth is a bit overblown.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Vince Young had one dominant year. 2005. 2003 Texas lost 3 games. One of them was Oklahoma. 2004 they were better but lost to the Oklahoma team again. He finally had a dominant season in 2005 but if you want to say that is sufficient to make a dominant player his entire college careerl then to each his own.
I agree he was a great college player but there are others who did as much or better over that span.

Winston had almost as many total yards and only lost 1 game and I would not consider him an all timer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree he was a great college player but there are others who did as much or better over that span.

Winston had almost as many total yards and only lost 1 game and I would not consider him an all timer.
The tea sippers gotta have a hero so I don't know what to tell you.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

You're focused on stats too much. The dude was one of the greatest players to play CFB.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You're focused on stats too much. The dude was one of the greatest players to play CFB.
I watched every game he played, you are acting like he played with scrubs and was carrying those teams.

He had top talent across the board.

What did he do that Winston did not do over the last 2 years with arguably less talent.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't stand those homos and can see how good he was. Even in all of his retardedness.
I agree he was a good athlete but I have difficulty calling him dominant since he only had one season that would fall into that category. He certainly wasn't dominant his freshman year. His sophomore year was better but the team didn't win the conference and he lost to their arch rival again. Junior year he actually dominated the conference and the national championship but one has to decide if that one year automatically makes the preceeding years fall into the same category. Personally I see him as a one season wonder that didn't carry over in the pros.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched every game he played, you are acting like he played with scrubs and was carrying those teams.

He had top talent across the board.

What did he do that Winston did not do over the last 2 years with arguably less talent.
Well you can make the same arguments against guys like Tebow. Those 2007-2009 Florida teams were absolutely stacked with NFL caliber talent.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well you can make the same arguments against guys like Tebow. Those 2007-2009 Florida teams were absolutely stacked with NFL caliber talent.
True and it's why I have a hard time coming up with a truly dominant CFB over the last 25 years.

I have to rank what Cam did as a little more impressive than Tebow and Young.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This has been my difficulty in this discussion of trying to assess a team player independent of team mates contributions. It very hard to pick one person on a team as dominant because of the team member's contributions.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
True and it's why I have a hard time coming up with a truly dominant CFB over the last 25 years.

I have to rank what Cam did as a little more impressive than Tebow and Young.
Yep. Newton and Young are similar in some aspects but I think Newton had a better grasp of the game than Young and was a more rounded as a QB.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep. Newton and Young are similar in some aspects but I think Newton had a better grasp of the game than Young and was a more rounded as a QB.
IMO he truly put that team on his back more so than the others, but I admit that's debatable.

Top Bottom