User Tag List

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

Victor Cruz, who is also bi-racial, with this:

“I think, personally, the flag is the flag. Regardless of how you feel about the things that are going on in America today and the things that are going on across the world with gun violence and things like that. You’ve got to respect the flag and stand up with your teammates. It’s bigger than just you, in my opinion. I think you go up there. You’re with your team, and you pledge your allegiance to the flag and the national anthem as a team, and then you go about your business, whatever your beliefs are. Colin is his own man. He decided to sit down and sit out and that’s his prerogative. But from a personal standpoint, I think you have to stand out there with your team and understand that this is a game and understand that what’s going on in the country.”

2. The following 2 users like this post:

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Victor Cruz, who is also bi-racial, with this:

“I think, personally, the flag is the flag. Regardless of how you feel about the things that are going on in America today and the things that are going on across the world with gun violence and things like that. You’ve got to respect the flag and stand up with your teammates. It’s bigger than just you, in my opinion. I think you go up there. You’re with your team, and you pledge your allegiance to the flag and the national anthem as a team, and then you go about your business, whatever your beliefs are. Colin is his own man. He decided to sit down and sit out and that’s his prerogative. But from a personal standpoint, I think you have to stand out there with your team and understand that this is a game and understand that what’s going on in the country.”
    Cruz just gained some respect from me.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    CK is nothing but a bitch.

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMilti View Post
    CK is nothing but a bitch.
    Now he is growing out a bushy ass afro.

At least he is playing the part.

Pretty soon, the Niners cut him and his "tired arm" and he can claim he is a victim.

Just a douchebag.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

He needs to go back to doing the Humpty Dance. He was better at that.

I'm cool with people not standing, or pledging, or whatever they want. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The federal government, which the flag represents, is largely who minorities depend on to fight for their rights, it's state and local authorities that are more oppressive. Of course there's no ceremony he can be an attention whore at, in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    I'm cool with people not standing, or pledging, or whatever they want. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The federal government, which the flag represents, is largely who minorities depend on to fight for their rights, it's state and local authorities that are more oppressive. Of course there's no ceremony he can be an attention whore at, in that case.
    I am not cool with it. If people want to protest something fine but use the forum that is appropriate. Go join a protest group that represents what you are pissed about. Don't piss on the symbol that gives you the freedom to have the right to express your ideology. That is unacceptable.
    Since Day One

He reminds me of a white guy from the suburbs.

Wants to be black, just not sure how.

And now he looks like an idiot.

Kaepernick has every right to not stand for the anthem. I still am trying to figure out who or what he is protesting. He is seeing things happen to people who don't have a voice or platform to be heard on. Way to be vague. Oh...Clinton and Trump are racists too, based on comments they made recently and years ago.

This is the same Kaepernick who was fined for using a racial slur to Lamar Houston and so eloquently compared the destruction he would do in Houston to the flooding they had in 2015. Yeah...he is a really good voice of the common man.

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Kaepernick has every right to not stand for the anthem. I still am trying to figure out who or what he is protesting. He is seeing things happen to people who don't have a voice or platform to be heard on. Way to be vague. Oh...Clinton and Trump are racists too, based on comments they made recently and years ago.

This is the same Kaepernick who was fined for using a racial slur to Lamar Houston and so eloquently compared the destruction he would do in Houston to the flooding they had in 2015. Yeah...he is a really good voice of the common man.
    Well said.