Must See Movies

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about great but I have no problem with this Joker.

The movie looks great I hope Marvel starts giving their movies some edge.
I must say, I had no expectations for that movie. I'm not a comic book guy so that concept alone doesn't get me excited. But that actually looks pretty good. Excellent trailer at least.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know about great but I have no problem with this Joker.

The movie looks great I hope Marvel starts giving their movies some edge.
Leto is not going to get a fair shake because of Ledger, but I like the fact he is even edgier than Ledger's version. I am more excited for this movie than B v S.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I must say, I had no expectations for that movie. I'm not a comic book guy so that concept alone doesn't get me excited. But that actually looks pretty good. Excellent trailer at least.
Reminded me a bit of Watchmen, one of my favourite Comic movies, but one others seem to dismiss.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think DC and Marvel are aiming at different targets and I like both their films. BvS and Suicide Squad look great

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think DC and Marvel are aiming at different targets and I like both their films. BvS and Suicide Squad look great
I agree, but I think Marvel will lose its edge if it keeps going for too broad a audience.

And this is from a Marvel guy.

Winter Soldier was a good start and Civil War should continue in that vein IMO.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Age of Ultron was weak. After the first movie I was psyched to see it...maybe I am just tired of the whole fighting robots thing with Iron Man 1,2, and 3 kind of already went down that path. The first Thor movie did the same with the Destroyer. Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie so far IMO...hoping Civil War has that energy.

dallen

Senior Tech
I agree, but I think Marvel will lose its edge if it keeps going for too broad a audience.

And this is from a Marvel guy.

Winter Soldier was a good start and Civil War should continue in that vein IMO.
Yeah. I love Marvel. Ultron was a bit of a let down, but it had super high expectations. I saw it twice. The first time I was impressed by the spectacle of it, but the second time it seemed like they crammed too much stuff in like the old Spiderman sequels. I think that's always going to be a risk in team-up movies like that, and it is part of what made the 1st Avengers so impressive.

I'm looking forward to seeing if they can bounce back with Ant-Man, and I don't see how they can mess up Civil War.

dallen

Senior Tech
Not a movie, but I thought Daredevil blew Age of Ultron out of the park. It was a lot more in the DC movie style. Netflix seems to be where they are going for the gritty, (somewhat) more realistic stuff.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not a movie, but I thought Daredevil blew Age of Ultron out of the park. It was a lot more in the DC movie style. Netflix seems to be where they are going for the gritty, (somewhat) more realistic stuff.
Yeah...it was really good. D'Nofrio was outstanding. Could have done without the gay DD suit, but whatevs.

Marvel gets a little to cute...Whedon in particular wants to put all these little quips in there...eh, tired of it.

Antman is getting really good reviews, but I have zero interest in seeing it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah. I love Marvel. Ultron was a bit of a let down, but it had super high expectations. I saw it twice. The first time I was impressed by the spectacle of it, but the second time it seemed like they crammed too much stuff in like the old Spiderman sequels. I think that's always going to be a risk in team-up movies like that, and it is part of what made the 1st Avengers so impressive.

I'm looking forward to seeing if they can bounce back with Ant-Man, and I don't see how they can mess up Civil War.
I'm a bit worried about Civil War that's a lot to pack into a movie. the interesting stuff is in the subplots.

Not a lot of great battle scenes from what I remember.

Secret Wars would have been a better movie IMO.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm a bit worried about Civil War that's a lot to pack into a movie. the interesting stuff is in the subplots.

Not a lot of great battle scenes from what I remember.

Secret Wars would have been a better movie IMO.
Have they actually said if it is based on the comic story? Ultron wasn't. They just liked the name. It isn't like anyone outside of Hawkeye actually has a secret identity. Do we know any more other than it is going to be Cap vs Tony? I assume there is going to be some push back over the destruction in Ultron that is going to lead to some kind of government regulation of the Avengers. But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the actors that are signed up for the movie are in small cameos. Otherwise it is just an Avengers movie

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am going to be debbie downer and say I am not feeling either one of the new DC movies. I hope I'm wrong obviously, but Batman vs. Superman looks like someone without the film-making chops of Chris Nolan attempting to do the "serious" superhero thing. I liked Man of Steel, but Watchmen missed the mark big time, so Zack Snyder is kind of hit or miss.

Suicide Squad looks like it was produced for the sake of selling a line of tee shirts at Hot Topic. I do admit that my ex-wife's weird Joker/Harley fandom has me turned off by it, however.

Wonder Woman fine doe.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Have they actually said if it is based on the comic story? Ultron wasn't. They just liked the name. It isn't like anyone outside of Hawkeye actually has a secret identity. Do we know any more other than it is going to be Cap vs Tony? I assume there is going to be some push back over the destruction in Ultron that is going to lead to some kind of government regulation of the Avengers. But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the actors that are signed up for the movie are in small cameos. Otherwise it is just an Avengers movie
Just give me Frank Grillo as Crossbones, already.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah it has to be scaled way down, but then who does the fighting?

Is it more Robots from sheild?

I just want to see some SH vs SV battles.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am going to be debbie downer and say I am not feeling either one of the new DC movies. I hope I'm wrong obviously, but Batman vs. Superman looks like someone without the film-making chops of Chris Nolan attempting to do the "serious" superhero thing. I liked Man of Steel, but Watchmen missed the mark big time, so Zack Snyder is kind of hit or miss.

Suicide Squad looks like it was produced for the sake of selling a line of tee shirts at Hot Topic. I do admit that my ex-wife's weird Joker/Harley fandom has me turned off by it, however.

Wonder Woman fine doe.
How did Watchmen miss the mark?

It was almost frame by frame the same as the comic and the visuals were great IMO.

Top Bottom