Cowboys sign Dez Bryant to 5 year deal

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Except the Cowboys are actually offering a multi year mega contract. It's not like they are offering just the franchise tag deal, take it or leave it.

The multi year mega contract they are offering is apparently not enough.

Too many people in this thread defending Dez based off him having the right to want to secure his long term future. The Cowboys are offering exactly that. So this is about money, nothing more.

Granted he has every right to ask for whatever he wants. But the fact that he is threatening to hold the franchise hostage over squeezing every last dollar makes me unhappy.
It's about money for both sides... It's called negotiating, no one is holding anyone hostage. That's just a bunch of overly dramatic bullshit.

I never understood why fans always blame the player in these situations... Dez is only getting $12.8 mil for one year... poor baby. Just suck it up and take it. Dez is asking for Megatron money... He's being ridiculous. He'll never get that much.

The player always loses. What about the owner/GM/franchise who are playing hardball sitting back, getting fat and happy and watching their revenues pour in on the backs of these players? They don't get any blame for the long negotiations?

Dez is about to sign a deal... Great for him and great for the franchise. It took until the deadline for the Cowboys to get serious apparently. If he agrees to the offer on the table, he likely would have agreed to it two weeks ago, but the team didn't want to increase their offers.

Trying to blame this on all Dez when he's asking for pennies on the dollars of the value and revenues of this franchise is just ridiculous. The team has a big part in it as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
First time a complete loss of words. Maybe two landmarks today.

dallen

Senior Tech

Cotton

Staff member
First time a complete loss of words. Maybe two landmarks today.
Not sure what happened there unless they deleted the tweet.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Not likely. The two sides haven't met in over a month.
That's what I had heard too... Would sure play more to the NFLPA collusion allegations if they hadn't discussed terms for a month, Dez signs, then magically Thomas signs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's about money for both sides... It's called negotiating, no one is holding anyone hostage. That's just a bunch of overly dramatic bullshit.

I never understood why fans always blame the player in these situations... Dez is only getting $12.8 mil for one year... poor baby. Just suck it up and take it. Dez is asking for Megatron money... He's being ridiculous. He'll never get that much.

The player always loses. What about the owner/GM/franchise who are playing hardball sitting back, getting fat and happy and watching their revenues pour in on the backs of these players? They don't get any blame for the long negotiations?

Dez is about to sign a deal... Great for him and great for the franchise. It took until the deadline for the Cowboys to get serious apparently. If he agrees to the offer on the table, he likely would have agreed to it two weeks ago, but the team didn't want to increase their offers.

Trying to blame this on all Dez when he's asking for pennies on the dollars of the value and revenues of this franchise is just ridiculous. The team has a big part in it as well.
Shit, I don't know why people get all pissy at either side during these negotiations. The Cowboys are trying to get the cheapest contract and Dez is trying to get the biggest contract. Both sides are using every tool at their disposal. Ultimately it is a bunch of smoke an mirrors as the two sides will probably land at a deal which is right at around market value.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess would by 5 for 70, 35 guaranteed.
That might be about right. I was expecting a slightly longer deal but a 5 year deal is actually pretty realistic. At Dez's age he could be playing at a high level when this thing expires. This isn't one of those insanely long deals that you know the player will never see the end of.

Cotton

Staff member
Someone on twitter is saying 5 for 107. No damn way. That's over 21 per.

dallen

Senior Tech
Shit, I don't know why people get all pissy at either side during these negotiations. The Cowboys are trying to get the cheapest contract and Dez is trying to get the biggest contract. Both sides are using every tool at their disposal. Ultimately it is a bunch of smoke an mirrors as the two sides will probably land at a deal which is right at around market value.
Pretty much

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Exactly... it's just a bunch of PR sucking fans in and shit. Problem is most fans bitch and moan at the players during the negotiations. It's called "the way it is."

Now, I do have some ire to the owners and franchises for the way the league is run in general with the finances. The NFL is the least "free market" league there is. But that's another topic for another day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly... it's just a bunch of PR sucking fans in and shit. Problem is most fans bitch and moan at the players during the negotiations. It's called "the way it is."

Now, I do have some ire to the owners and franchises for the way the league is run in general with the finances. The NFL is the least "free market" league there is. But that's another topic for another day.
Yeah, I couldn't believe the amount of people that thought Dez was acting like some sort of a petulant child. I get that 12 mil is a lot to all of us. But in the world of Jerry Jones and the NFL's billions it really isn't.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's what I had heard too... Would sure play more to the NFLPA collusion allegations if they hadn't discussed terms for a month, Dez signs, then magically Thomas signs.
Negotiating to the brink of a deadline, setting market value, then copying the market value set is kind of normal.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel:towel:towel

Top Bottom