2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Leary and our second to move up to 15 to take Lynch?

dallen

Senior Tech
Leary and our second to move up to 15 to take Lynch?
Trade down from 4 to 8, pick up a 2nd, trade a 2nd and Leary for a mid 1st, take Elliot and Lynch. I'm spent

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way they made it sound on The Draft Show yesterday Jerry loves Elliott but will probably cede to the rest of the room and take Ramsey.
Is that the one on with that annoying but attractive Taylor Stern who repeatedly chants Zeke?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You spelled Prescott wrong

:tippytoe
You know from a popular value perspective he wouldn't be a reach in the 3rd. I mean that's where he is projected to go. But if you ask me personally, I think he is a huge reach there. The guy is basically a black Tim Tebow. He is not good at throwing the ball. I just don't believe that's something you can fix with time. I realize that he sort of checks all the other boxes off but when it comes to a QB, throwing the ball is still the most important part.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

I don't know when this happened, but Stanley is now a consensus top 5 pick?
I've read some rumblings that Tunsil may have some connection to the Shawn Oakman situation. He was involved in a domestic violence case with his stepfather and he was suspended 7 games for receiving improper benefits. The Oakman thing was just a rumor but the other two are documented. Stanley by comparison is squeaky clean.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Is that the one on with that annoying but attractive Taylor Stern who repeatedly chants Zeke?
:lol

She has been on The Draft Show but is usually on Cowboys Break. The Draft Show is generally Bryan Broaddus, Dane Brugler, and David Helman.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've read some rumblings that Tunsil may have some connection to the Shawn Oakman situation. He was involved in a domestic violence case with his stepfather and he was suspended 7 games for receiving improper benefits. The Oakman thing was just a rumor but the other two are documented. Stanley by comparison is squeaky clean.
I actually heard them making an argument on the radio this morning that the Stanley over Tunsil stuff actually isn't about off the field stuff. That some teams simply feel like Stanley is a better run blocker and more of a complete package. Tunsil is still the athletic freak who bends in ways no other big man can but that Stanley's performance is maybe just better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

She has been on The Draft Show but is usually on Cowboys Break. The Draft Show is generally Bryan Broaddus, Dane Brugler, and David Helman.
God, I don't know why they would put her on radio. Hot chick who doesn't know football a lick. Seems backwards to put on radio... Now if she wants to shout out Zeke in my bedroom, I'll let her do it all night long.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I don't know when this happened, but Stanley is now a consensus top 5 pick?
So the Chargers want Stanley but can't agree to compensation with the Jags who want Ramsey? Literally a third round pick would do that for me if I was the Chargers. Dumb. Something doesn't pass the smell test.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the Chargers want Stanley but can't agree to compensation with the Jags who want Ramsey? Literally a third round pick would do that for me if I was the Chargers. Dumb. Something doesn't pass the smell test.
Could be that they are just holding out in case something better comes along and that the deal will consummate when the Chargers are on the clock. I mean why wouldn't it? Either way you get Stanley. So do you want Stanley + draft pick or just Stanley. Seems like any draft pick would be better then no draft pick. Plus the contract on Stanley would be less.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I actually heard them making an argument on the radio this morning that the Stanley over Tunsil stuff actually isn't about off the field stuff. That some teams simply feel like Stanley is a better run blocker and more of a complete package. Tunsil is still the athletic freak who bends in ways no other big man can but that Stanley's performance is maybe just better.
What I read was the opposite, that Stanley doesn't run block at the second level as well as Tunsil and lacks strength but is a better pass blocker. I think this is the piece I read:

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/28/11184656/2016-nfl-draft-breakdown-ronnie-stanley-notre-dame-laremy-tunsil

Eh. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Could be that they are just holding out in case something better comes along and that the deal will consummate when the Chargers are on the clock. I mean why wouldn't it? Either way you get Stanley. So do you want Stanley + draft pick or just Stanley. Seems like any draft pick would be better then no draft pick. Plus the contract on Stanley would be less.
I'm praying this is the case. Really, if we want to trade up for Lynch as well, this is the best scenario:

1) Trade down from 4. Get either Bosa, Rankins or Elliot at say 7 or 9. Acquire extra second rounder.
2) Use 34 and extra acquired pick to move back up for Lynch.
3) RB or DL, whichever we didn't get at 4.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm praying this is the case. Really, if we want to trade up for Lynch as well, this is the best scenario:

1) Trade down from 4. Get either Bosa, Rankins or Elliot at say 7 or 9. Acquire extra second rounder.
2) Use 34 and extra acquired pick to move back up for Lynch.
3) RB or DL, whichever we didn't get at 4.
From what I've read recently, there's a chance we wouldn't have to trade up from #34 for Lynch, which would work for me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I read was the opposite, that Stanley doesn't run block at the second level as well as Tunsil and lacks strength but is a better pass blocker. I think this is the piece I read:

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/28/11184656/2016-nfl-draft-breakdown-ronnie-stanley-notre-dame-laremy-tunsil

Eh. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.
That's certainly an interesting take. Tunsil's feet are really impressive though. You watch them move and they are so quick compared to most NFL lineman.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You know from a popular value perspective he wouldn't be a reach in the 3rd. I mean that's where he is projected to go. But if you ask me personally, I think he is a huge reach there. The guy is basically a black Tim Tebow. He is not good at throwing the ball. I just don't believe that's something you can fix with time. I realize that he sort of checks all the other boxes off but when it comes to a QB, throwing the ball is still the most important part.
Yea I agree, I want no part of him at all. If we're determined to take a project just get Allen or Driskel much later

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom