Cowboys sign Dez Bryant to 5 year deal

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a truly ridiculous amount of per year money considering the deal Watt got, I think that's the highest non-QB per year amount outside of Calvin.
Second highest defensive player actually. Suh's was bigger I believe.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Do we know how much the cap total will increase over then next 3 years?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Second highest defensive player actually. Suh's was bigger I believe.
True. Houston is a beast but damn man, about 17 a year for him and more guaranteed money than Watt is crazy.

I guess it's ok considering they don't have that much tied up in their QB, relatively speaking, and Houston is their best player so the money has to go somewhere.

data

Forbes #1
Jerruh says no to dez and pulls trigger for AP. Site maintenance.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Possibly. Dez wants a deal and now he wants to be able to wash all the threats down the drain. He just might conceed some of his demands just to untangle the situation he has boxed himself into.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Possibly. Dez wants a deal and now he wants to be able to wash all the threats down the drain. He just might conceed some of his demands just to untangle the situation he has boxed himself into.
If I was in the corner that Dez has backed himself into, I'd sign Dallas' final offer just to save face.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Apparently the Houston deal has 32.5 fully guaranteed with 52.5 guarnateed for injury, so presumably that middle 20 is not guaranteed based on some type of stipulations, probably personal conduct related. I assume that is the type of structure we want with Dez.

Cotton

Staff member
:skurred

Cotton

Staff member
Source: Cowboys closing in on deal with Dez Bryant, but nothing agreed on yet

By DAVID MOORE Follow @DAvidMooreDMN dmoore@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer

The Dallas Cowboys are closing in on a long-term deal with star wide receiver Dez Bryant, a source told The Dallas Morning News, though nothing has been agreed upon yet.

The deadline for a new deal is 3 p.m. today, otherwise Bryant must play the 2015 season under the franchise tag.

Bryant had said he was looking for long-term financial security for his family. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had said he was seeking long-term security with Bryant.

Check back soon for more on Bryant and the Cowboys.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rapoport (lol) says we are making real progress and everyone appears to be optimistic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crazy how getting close to a deadline can make everyone straighten up and get shit done. Sounds like typical lawyer stuff actually.

Cotton

Staff member
T-minus...120 minutes
Sitting here staring at Twitter, and hoping that god has forgotten I turned my back on him.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom