NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I saw a few reports on Twitter that Joel Embiid is going to need that 2nd foot surgery and he'll miss the entire 2015-2016 season.
The Sixers have officially announced it now. Bone graft, will miss the upcoming season.

I guess if it's something that can be taken care of, you'd rather do it now while the team is not good yet, rather than try to make it work and cross your fingers that he's in the lineup nightly. Or have to deal with him missing a season in a couple years when they are trying to compete.

From Embiid's standpoint it's good that he's in a situation where he won't be rushed onto the court. He can give the foot a chance to heal before putting stress on it and making it worse.

I hope this works out because I think he can be really good if they can get him healthy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ayuh....that was common knowledge. It was one of the prominent things that was mentioned several times when all of that was going down.

Not sure how anyone missed that bit of information.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Sixers have officially announced it now. Bone graft, will miss the upcoming season.
That's actually what Durant had done to his foot. Medical experts say it makes the bone stronger than it originally was.

Durant underwent surgery back in March and he's on track to be fully cleared to participate in basketball activities in August. Only 6 months recovery.

But from what I read Embiid's injury is in a different area of the foot and apparently it's supposed to be more serious than the Jones Fracture that Durant had.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's actually what Durant had done to his foot. Medical experts say it makes the bone stronger than it originally was.

Durant underwent surgery back in March and he's on track to be fully cleared to participate in basketball activities in August. Only 6 months recovery.

But from what I read Embiid's injury is in a different area of the foot and apparently it's supposed to be more serious than the Jones Fracture that Durant had.
Well that's encouraging considering Durant is pretty tall himself.

I think the big concern with Embiid is that he might just have weak bones in general.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There were reports of him being overweight...he needs to watch himself after the surgery.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
DALLAS (AP) Deron Williams has joined his hometown Mavericks after Brooklyn bought out the contract the point guard signed when he spurned Dallas to stay with the Nets three years ago.

Williams, who grew up in the Dallas suburb of The Colony, signed a two-year, $10 million deal Tuesday. He has a player option in the second year.

Dallas had a deal with Williams on Friday and had to wait for him to clear waivers. It was a boost for the Mavericks soon after free agent center DeAndre Jordan reneged on a deal to sign with them.

The Nets bought out the 31-year-old Williams to lower their payroll. They owed him $43 million in the final two years of the contract.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
Agent Wallace Prather confirms former #Rockets forward Josh Smith has reached a contract agreement with the #Clippers.
I am surprised by this, it hurt's our depth.

Jiggyfly

Banned
@WojYahooNBA: Denver has agreed to a deal to send guard Ty Lawson to Houston, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

m.twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
Sources: As part of deal for Ty Lawson, Houston will send Kostas, Pablo Prigioni, Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson and a protected first to Denver.:towel

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Marc Stein ✔@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say that the Lakers were also a determined trade bidder for Ty Lawson, but Denver clearly preferred what the Rockets offered

D

Deuce

I don't see why you're so happy. Lawson had been a decent player on bad teams and his shooting percentage has been in a decline the past few years. Oh, and he's entered into court ordered substance abuse treatment. But their desperation for a PG was evident so I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't see why you're so happy. Lawson had been a decent player on bad teams and his shooting percentage has been in a decline the past few years. But their desperation for a PG was evident so I guess.
Decent player on bad teams?

Lawson has been on 3 50 win teams and 4 playoff teams, so no.

Lawson averages almost 10 assist a game, we have needed another playmaker desperately, especially considering Josh Smith was our second best playmaker last year.

Yes his shooting percentage has went down but look at who he has played with the last 2 years and even last year he had a better percentage than our starting pg.

The biggest reason I am excited is his 4 to 1 turnover ratio, that has been our biggest weakness the last 2 years along with the fact that without Harden on the court we have no one to create offense, he answers all of those questions.

We went the freaking WCF with Jason Terry and Prigioni as our pg rotation why would I not be very happy.:lol

Add in the fact we gave up no rotation players this is nothing but a win.:towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hardwood Paroxysm @HPbasketball
OH, and JUST TO SEE ROCKETS TWITTER GO BERSERK: Guess who Ty Lawson played high school ball with and was close to?

Hardwood Paroxysm
‏@HPbasketball
The Rockets now have two of Kevin Durant’s good friends and former teammates on roster. LET’S GO HYPE MACHINE.
:unsure

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ty Lawson is an excellent addition to the Rockets. Huge upgrade over Patrick Beverly, IMO. Beverly is a better defender/agitator but Lawson brings more skills to the table.

I think he'll have more of an impact than Josh Smith because not only does he give the Rockets a much needed 3rd scoring option but his ability to break down a defense off the dribble should also create more scoring opportunities for Howard.

My only concern is the off the field issues that have recently popped up. Two DUIs this year alone. That's serious stuff. I wonder how the NBA handles this. In the NFL he'd probably be looking at at least a 2 game suspension. I'm not sure what the NBA's policy is on multiple alcohol related offenses. I would think 5-10 games is a possibility.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep.

dallen

Senior Tech
It's not even close, but 50 is a lot. In a best of 7 the Bulls could probably steal a game

Top Bottom