Religion thread...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A lot of atheist cherry picking that works is in response to Christian cherry picking. I.E. If you're preaching against homosexuality from the book of Leviticus, than you're a hypocrite if you fail to follow any other of the book's extremely restrictive and frankly ridiculous limitations.

But this fly by "Bible loves rape and slavery 'cause this one verse I found" is just the same kind of imbecilic as the man selectively preaching. It's a poor grasp of the reading material, and a sophomoric attempt the wag your ass without doing any meaningful research.
I feel so close to you right now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
One thing I've noticed when I'm reading the recruiting boards and someone says "good kid, he's well spoken" I immediately know it's a black kid.

Isn't that racist? It feels racist.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One thing I've noticed when I'm reading the recruiting boards and someone says "good kid, he's well spoken" I immediately know it's a black kid.

I feel this post was meant for another thread.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Depends on who's talking. What if it's a white kid from Meridian , Mississippi? :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Depends on who's talking. What if it's a white kid from Meridian , Mississippi? :lol
That's the thing. As soon as someone calls someone well spoken you know that it is about a black person.

townsend

Banned
That's the thing. As soon as someone calls someone well spoken you know that it is about a black person.
What's interesting about black culture, is that it's evolved away from assimilation from mainstream white culture. I think since segregation kind of still exists in some forms, blacks have evolved their own separate dialect and mannerisms. "Well Spoken" or as Biden puts it "Articulate" is our way of saying he speaks and acts like we'd expect a white person to. Obviously many Asians and Hispanics, and even whites also have their own insular cultures, but I think black people are the only group Americans automatically expect to speak differently.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What's interesting about black culture, is that it's evolved away from assimilation from mainstream white culture. I think since segregation kind of still exists in some forms, blacks have evolved their own separate dialect and mannerisms. "Well Spoken" or as Biden puts it "Articulate" is our way of saying he speaks and acts like we'd expect a white person to. Obviously many Asians and Hispanics, and even whites also have their own insular cultures, but I think black people are the only group Americans automatically expect to speak differently.
That is exactly the point I was getting to.

Jiggyfly

Banned
When I 1st moved back to Texas from Virginia I was working at a juvenile detention center and most of the black people there were guards and did not work in the administrative office.

I read the newspaper most times during lunch and sometimes I would answer different questions about a something somebody was talking about, geographically, pop culture, literature,

They would look at me like I had two heads.:lol

I frequently would hear how well spoken I was, did not hear this very often on the east coast.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Can we have a mature, intelligent discussion about religion?

Or are we going to continue to speak in memes like a frigging toddler?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Can we have a mature, intelligent discussion about religion?

Or are we going to continue to speak in memes like a frigging toddler?
I'm down for it. How about we start with how the world repopulated after Noah's ark?

Top Bottom