Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
True, although if we sign Cedric Thornton that's a good start. He'd be solid against the run in a rotation, give me Kendall Reyes, Jaye Howard and/or a draft pick and our interior DL is looking solid.
Like I said, get it done quick.

This is an accelerated FA period. Teams are getting in and getting out quick and if our idiotic braintrust thinks otherwise, they have sorely misjudged the market.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
FA literally started an hour ago, you knew we weren't going to do anything on the first day, why are you so worked up about it?

If we still haven't done shit 3 days from now that's one thing (and that's likely), but you've gone through way too many of these to get pissy at this point.
We didn't make our first signings until I believe two or three days into it the last couple of years.

That isn't going to fly this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Like I said, get it done quick.

This is an accelerated FA period. Teams are getting in and getting out quick and if our idiotic braintrust thinks otherwise, they have sorely misjudged the market.
It's true, the market is even more inflated than I thought with this Vernon deal, the Osemele deal and the money RB's are getting. I thought guys like Ivory could be had for about 4 a year, Miller for about 5 or so, I never thought they'd be getting above 6 a year.

Although it could mean that teams are quick to exit too, guys like Lane or Rashad Johnson could be sitting there a few days from now with not too many suitors.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not upset, what with some of the overpayments going on, but I wish we had been able to get in on one of the backs. That's really a position where I think we could have gotten more than what we paid for given our line, getting a halfway decent starter like Miller could have turned into a stud here and really allowed us to get back to 2014, plus we would have had all our picks left for either investing in a QB of the future or really solidifying the defense.

Now RB will either have to come at the expense of a premium defender who can help next year, or it will be a black hole position again that underachieves. Neither gives me a good feeling about a rebound season. And we all know Garrett isn't going to coach up a Bill Parcells like overachievement out of these guys. Season would have felt like we had a lot more potential if we were able to get a RB here and some quality defensive depth additions. Seeming like a long shot now. Stellar cap management by Jerry and son.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If anything this lackluster FA haul should mean we definitely just focus on the future and take a QB at 4. If we do that I'll call it a win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who does Denver have for a QB now?
Supposedly they are interested in Kaepernick. SF says not interested.

Griffin rumored as well.

To answer the question literally, some late round guy they drafted last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If anything this lackluster FA haul should mean we definitely just focus on the future and take a QB at 4. If we do that I'll call it a win.
I agree, but if they don't improve the roster in FA, then you are looking at people like Bosa or Ramsey in the draft.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Supposedly they are interested in Kaepernick. SF says not interested.

Griffin rumored as well.

To answer the question literally, some late round guy they drafted last year.
I think it was a mistake letting Oswieller (sp? ) get out of the pen. He has a lot of good traits. Kapernack may be able to be salvaged but I like O. more.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll sign this year's version of Brinkley and Gahckter very soon.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The money seems crazier this year. If you're desperate I think you can justify overpaying once or twice, or if you think there are one or two guys can make you a serious super bowl contender.

Otherwise, this is fool's gold day.

I'd much rather lurk, then bring in solid, Anthony Henry / Kyle Kosier types ar discount rates.

The draft is where smart teams build.

Genghis Khan

I think it was a mistake letting Oswieller (sp? ) get out of the pen. He has a lot of good traits. Kapernack may be able to be salvaged but I like O. more.
I'm guessing Houston will regret giving Osweiller all that money.

Denver is a little left in the lurch, but they do have a few options.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The draft is where smart teams build.
Sounds great in principle.

It is all fun and games until you take a fucking 2nd TE in round two.

Or an oft injured swing tackle in round 3.

Genghis Khan

Sanchez is no doubt out in Philly. I wonder if Denver would be interested.

Genghis Khan

Sounds great in principle.

It is all fun and games until you take a fucking 2nd TE in round two.

Or an oft injured swing tackle in round 3.
That's absolutely true, which is why I get way more frustrated during the draft. :lol

It's also why it bothers me much more that the eagles moved up to 8 than that they overpaid for a bunch of ho-hum roster bodies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[h=1]Lamar Miller heading to Houston[/h]Miami Dolphins impending free-agent RB Lamar Miller is agreeing on a four-year, $26 million deal with the Houston Texans Wednesday, March 9. The deal includes $14 million fully guaranteed, according to a source. Miller turned down more elsewhere.

God damn it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, good to see DFDC is in full force rolling into FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom