Steelers Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys hope Steelers see a flag with Clete Blakeman as ref

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- The last time Clete Blakeman worked a Dallas Cowboys game involving the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Steelers were not called for a penalty.

When the Cowboys travel to Heinz Field on Sunday to take on the Steelers, Blakeman will be the referee.

The Cowboys won that meeting in Week 15 of the 2012 season against Pittsburgh with Brandon Carr setting up Dan Bailey's game-winning field goal attempt in overtime with an interception of Ben Roethlisberger. The Cowboys were penalized eight times for 61 yards.

With Blakeman as the referee, the Cowboys are 2-2, but are on a two-game losing streak with losses against New England in 2015 and Philadelphia in 2014. In the four games, the Cowboys have been penalized 24 times for 168 yards, and their opponents have been flagged 21 times for 203 yards.

On Sunday Blakeman and his crew worked Oakland's win against Denver and called 21 penalties with 20 accepted. The visiting Broncos were penalized 12 times for 104 yards, and the Raiders had eight penalties for 72 yards.

If last week matters, the defensive backs will have to be mindful of their technique this week.

Here is the breakdown:

False start -- 3

Defensive holding -- 5

Offensive holding -- 4

Delay of game -- 1

Defensive pass interference -- 4

Ineligible man downfield -- 1

Neutral zone infraction -- 1

Offensive pass interference -- 1

Intentional grounding -- 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First -- 3

Second -- 7

Third -- 6

Fourth -- 5

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Steelers officially on radar

~shivers down the spine~

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
bout time, damn it. i hate the Steelers.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is a game I feel confident heading into. Right now I feel like the Cowboys win somewhere in the neighborhood of 31-25.

I think the Steelers have a tendency to get a little too pass happy; which as strange as it may seem, could be beneficial to the Cowboys. I think we're equipped quite well to deal with their WRs. Obviously Brown could kill us but the other WRs are one-trick ponies who can be easily contained.

My guess is Scandrick draws the assignment to shadow Antonio Brown. With safety help of course.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Steelers have been a strange team this year. They just lost to a pretty mediocre Ravens team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Steelers have been a strange team this year. They just lost to a pretty mediocre Ravens team.
They are a team who could beat anyone and then turn around and get their ass kicked by Philly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is a game I feel confident heading into. Right now I feel like the Cowboys win somewhere in the neighborhood of 31-25.

I think the Steelers have a tendency to get a little too pass happy; which as strange as it may seem, could be beneficial to the Cowboys. I think we're equipped quite well to deal with their WRs. Obviously Brown could kill us but the other WRs are one-trick ponies who can be easily contained.

My guess is Scandrick draws the assignment to shadow Antonio Brown. With safety help of course.
The good thing is that none of their TE's are threats in the passing game, so that should free up the safeties to help on Brown. Containing Bell in the passing game will be difficult as well and I may even consider putting Jones on him at times.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
People love to throw out stats even when they are misleading.

2014? Ok, we just got the crap beat out of us at home on Thanksgiving. No excuses there.

2015? Going up against the Pats with no Romo and no running game? And I think no Dez? Uhhh....I think that's a pretty good explanation for why that game was so lopsided.

I don't think there's any correlation between that crew and us getting blown out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

2014? Ok, we just got the crap beat out of us at home on Thanksgiving. No excuses there.

2015? Going up against the Pats with no Romo and no running game? And I think no Dez? Uhhh....I think that's a pretty good explanation for why that game was so lopsided.

I don't think there's any correlation between that crew and us getting blown out.
That 2014 game was on 4 days rest and Romo can't play on short rest anymore, so I think that's a mitigating factor.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Hey, man. Stop it with the logical reasoning.

Just blindly accept the obscure doom and gloom stats and move on.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't like this game. Pittsburgh is a different team at home. And they kind of need a win. Difficult circumstances.

1bigfan13

Staff member
On days that end in a "Y", Dak Prescott is 7-1 as the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I don't like this game. Pittsburgh is a different team at home. And they kind of need a win. Difficult circumstances.
We've put ourselves in a wonderful situation where we can afford to lose a game like this. Do I want to lose? No. But its a lot better when your facing 7-2 rather than 4-5 or 3-6, which is normally the case

1bigfan13

Staff member
It should be a close, competitive game. I just think this is a game where the Cowboys O out-performs the Steelers O.

The Steelers have a very shaky secondary. This could be the week where we see Dak go for over 300 yards through the air. Their run defense has been solid, however they did allow Ajayi to torch them, so they're certainly not the Steel Curtain of yesteryear.

Top Bottom