Dez Bryant: People hate the Cowboys, and that motivates me

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dez Bryant: People hate the Cowboys, and that motivates me

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 9, 2013, 6:26 AM EDT

Dallas receiver Dez Bryant says he’s working hard this offseason motivated, in part, by all the fans across America who hate the Cowboys.

“I feel like the greatest thing about being on the Cowboys [is] people love to hate the Cowboys,” Bryant said on ESPN Radio in El Paso, via the Dallas Morning News. “That makes you work 10 times harder. They put the big target on us or whatever, and speaking for myself, it doesn’t bother me. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t bother a lot of guys. They like that kind of pressure. It makes us want to work hard and makes you want to do what you want to do to get to that big game.”

Bryant has expressed a great deal of confidence this offseason, even predicting he could become the first player in NFL history to have 2,000 receiving yards in a season. Bryant says his teammates are the ones encouraging his confidence.

“The reason I’m so confident going into this year – and just working out in the weight room or whatever – is because of those guys. I give them all the credit,” Bryant said.

If they’re motivating Bryant through tough offseason workouts, those Cowboys haters deserve a little credit, too.
-------------------

I have been critical of Bryant, but I like this attitude.

I wish more of the players on this team would have a little bit of that.

I also wish they'd get angry at the lack of respect that they get league-wide as well.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
I'm fine with it, but if you talk the talk, you better walk the walk. Especially the 2,000 yard season. That's far fetched.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He'll be the best player on this entire roster before the 2013 season is over.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
could be my favorite player aside from sean lee on this team. he 180'd, and it honestly looks like its not just for show. I think he realized he was wasting his talent with his old attitude and is ready to become the player everyone expected him to be

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not ready to trust Dez Bryant. His biggest problem isn't that he's a bad guy, the problem is that he's a f'n dunce.

And stupid people do stupid things.

I'm not trying to run him off the team though. He is definitely our best WR and one of the best players on our team. I would also not think twice about using a first round pick on another WR as insurance against him going off the reservation (plus the new WR could push Austin out).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He's already the best player on the entire roster.
Athletically, it's not even close. But, if Lee can stay healthy he will push him for over best all value to the team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not trying to run him off the team though. He is definitely our best WR and one of the best players on our team. I would also not think twice about using a first round pick on another WR as insurance against him going off the reservation (plus the new WR could push Austin out).
That's why I'm glad we have brought some 2nd-3rd round WR prospects in for visits this year. Terrance Williams and DeAndre Hopkins would both look great in Dallas. They could be future starters and probably play a starters role in a couple of games this year when Austin misses snaps like always. I like Austin as a number 2 but his contract is going to become unbearable soon, especially when Dez is up for his second contract.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm not ready to trust Dez Bryant. His biggest problem isn't that he's a bad guy, the problem is that he's a f'n dunce.

And stupid people do stupid things.

Baby steps...

He's obviously got the physical tools, but he's also starting to act the right way.

He has goals. Yeah, 20 TDs and 2,000 yards is lofty. But he's got a number in his head.

He's bonding with his teammates. Seems to care about the team and earning respect.

I like the way this is going.

Wasn't long ago he was mixing it up with mall cops and slapping his mama.

Can't expect everything to work itself out immediately, but the guy is taking positive steps and it's at least something to get excited about.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree with the posters in this thread...Dez is saying the right things. Now hopefully he is preparing his body as well as he seems to be preparing himself mentally. I think now when he shows some frustration at not getting the ball or being involved that it will come off as a guy being competitive as opposed to selfish.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I would love that. The kid is just electric. He reminds me of Desean Jackson. He also has a real ghetto attitude, which every team needs a few of.

Check out his ghheheeheeettooo HS highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjUKd0lOEE

He's amazing. I guess I'd be happy with the pick so long as we went line heavy the rest of the way, i.e., no safeties until round 4 at least.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
First of all he didn't predict he'd have a 2000 yard 20 TD season, he said he believed it was possible it could be done. All I've heard from the media types since is how he has just turned braggart and he has no room to say things like that ( the Skip Bayless/Charles A Smith thing was really over the top). Personally I love the attitude Dez is showing lately and and until he rips my heart out and stomps on it I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time. As a cop, I love me some stories of vindication!

Top Bottom