2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I will bet my life savings he won't come close to it.
Of course he won't. When Romo comes back he will start throwing down the field more or they will eventually do that with Dak.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Definitely not a rushing league anymore

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah pretty crazy really. The days of teams wanting a franchise RB are over. Doesn't mean RBs aren't important, just that teams are using multiple backs most of the time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Same thought that I had as I was perusing the league leader stats yesterday. I think there's only been something like seven 100 yard rushers through week 2.

Back in the day you'd hit that number in one week of action.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thanks Rod.

Hell, Hitchens has sucked a fat donkey dick the last year and two games and Durant basically saved the game last week.

Ya think?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Durant will be in traction by week 8 if he starts.
Probably, but I think at this point you just get what you can out of him while he's healthy. If he can play relatively well like he did last week for another 7-8 games consider it a win and hope you can have someone else ready to step in when he goes down.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Probably, but I think at this point you just get what you can out of him while he's healthy. If he can play relatively well like he did last week for another 7-8 games consider it a win and hope you can have someone else ready to step in when he goes down.
What a coincidence...that's right around the time that McClain is eligible to return. :tippytoe

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Durant always seems to play really well in this defense. Maybe we will get lucky and he will have a healthy year. Those are pretty rare in his career but he is only 31, it's not like his body is failing him because of old age.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:picard

I think they may finally be disgusted enough with that POS that they have cut ties for good this time.
I'm pretty sure he was in disgusting physical condition. I doubt that he would be anywhere near ready to play even if he wanted to. Plus he sucked last year.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Suicidal man talked off bridge via hatred of Cowboys
Jay Busbee
Sep 22, 2016, 11:30 AM

The Dallas Cowboys call themselves “America’s Team,” and indeed they are, performing an important service in this divided country by giving virtually everyone a single team to despise. And now, hatred of the Cowboys has helped save a life. Isn’t that great?

Our scene: Columbia, South Carolina. Early Saturday, 3:45 a.m. A man sat on the edge of a bridge over a state highway, ready to leap to his presumed doom, when Officer Michael Blackmore struck up a conversation with him. Talk turned to football, and Blackmore realized that the man was a Washington Redskins fan. Being such, he naturally loathed all things Cowboys.

“I hate Dallas,” the man said, and Blackmore focused his talk on the Redskins.

“I’ll see you sometime next week one day and be like, ‘How ’bout those Redskins?'” Blackmore said. “I’m definitely gonna pull for them when they play Dallas because I hate Dallas.”

Moments later, after about eight minutes of negotiation, the man relented, and allowed Blackmore and others to pull him back over the railing to safety and a waiting ambulance. (Blackmore is apparently something of a football whisperer; according to local reports, he also recently talked down another suicidal individual by focusing on Notre Dame football.) You can see the whole bridge exchange here from the officer’s body camera:

Of course, being a Redskins fan brings its own kind of pain. Washington didn’t hold up its end of the deal, losing to Dallas anyway, but by then the man was safe and, hopefully, under the kind of care he needs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/suicidal-man-talked-off-bridge-via-hatred-of-cowboys-163058492.html
---------------------------------------------------

:unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom