2016 Senior Bowl Stuff...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If this is all true, he can never be a Cowboys safety. Looking confused, being in the wrong place, playing soft coverage and pointing fingers are the skills and abilities we look for the most at the position.
True but he'd satisfy our Boise state fetish.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Mike Mayock:

» This is the best group of defensive tackles I've seen at this game in 10 years. Both teams have first-round picks -- five or six of them total. I've watched two North practices and the North defensive line has dominated, and it didn't matter which tackles were in there. The North squad is loaded at defensive tackle and defensive end.
Just looking at the list of DL, they go at least 10 deep. There will be a lot of options for us at #34 but DL should be at the top of our list. Could have 6-7 going in the first round and at least 10 in the first 2 rounds.

This is another reason I prefer QB in the first, because about the only way I see us screwing this draft up is by taking one of the DB's or even Jack in the 1st and then taking a QB in the 2nd. If we get QB in the 1st then move to DL in the 2nd with WR, RB, DB in the 3rd we could nail it. If we don't go QB in the first I just hope we wait til at least the 4th or 5th, because way better talent in the 2nd-3rd than waste a pick on a 2nd tier QB there.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'm truly disgusted that there was little to zero apology, firings, woodsheddings, remorse, anything for the fans about this season. It was just, oh well, can't do anything if your QB gets hurt. Ignore 2015, it never happened. Pay no attention to the year behind the curtain. We're all good.

Even if you have to fake it, say something to the fans who put so much time, attention, and money into your team and got an absolute shitshow in return.
And we all knew it would happen. Built in excuse due to Romo's injury. Of course once he went down we weren't going to win 9+ games, but 4-12 was just abysmal and showed how bad our staff really is.

So now he's just glad we're drafting in the top 5 and all will be well with Romo having '3-4 more years'.

dallen

Senior Tech
Just looking at the list of DL, they go at least 10 deep. There will be a lot of options for us at #34 but DL should be at the top of our list. Could have 6-7 going in the first round and at least 10 in the first 2 rounds.

This is another reason I prefer QB in the first, because about the only way I see us screwing this draft up is by taking one of the DB's or even Jack in the 1st and then taking a QB in the 2nd. If we get QB in the 1st then move to DL in the 2nd with WR, RB, DB in the 3rd we could nail it. If we don't go QB in the first I just hope we wait til at least the 4th or 5th, because way better talent in the 2nd-3rd than waste a pick on a 2nd tier QB there.
There is SO much DL talent at the top of the draft. If we don't pick up someone in the 2nd\3rd I will be disappointed

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is SO much DL talent at the top of the draft. If we don't pick up someone in the 2nd\3rd I will be disappointed
This is a great draft for D-line talent but I also wouldn't wait too long to pick because I think you will see a lot of them go in the first few rounds.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, they are marching out some pretty average competition.

If he blows up in the game, he should be well on his way.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Out of all of the other QB's at the Senior Bowl I liked Brisset the best, he just looks the part.

Nice footwork and good arm, he also looked the most decisive.

He looks like a poor man's Winston with a little Big Ben mixed in.

I think he has the most tools as a development type and the production to back it up.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Kid ism a straight up baller. Hopefully he lands somewhere.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
In his interview yesterday, he said the coaching staff earned the Senior Bowl assignment by the four wins. Then he winked and grinned. If the man was in front of me, I would strangle him with my bare hands.
This is a GoFundMe I can get behind.

Let's send booze to Mobile.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks real tiny. But he did a good job of getting open and catching the ball which is probably what he will mostly be used for in the NFL.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks real tiny. But he did a good job of getting open and catching the ball which is probably what he will mostly be used for in the NFL.
He is a bit undersized, but he is fast as hell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Out of all of the other QB's at the Senior Bowl I liked Brisset the best, he just looks the part.

Nice footwork and good arm, he also looked the most decisive.

He looks like a poor man's Winston with a little Big Ben mixed in.

I think he has the most tools as a development type and the production to back it up.
Yeah, I watched the entire South Practice yesterday and while none of their QBs looked like much to me I thought Brisset may have stood out the very least. Prescott may have a good game because of his mobility but his arm looks sub par to me. The best looking of the group from what I have seen is probably Coker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per some Tweets, he and Sheldon Day were the only players called by name by the staff for their efforts consistently.

Top Bottom