NBA Chatter Thread

peplaw06

Brand New Member
NVM I got it...

Last edited:

peplaw06

Brand New Member
So apparently Doc and Clipper contingent are on way to Houston to talk to DAJ.

Then this happens...

JJ Redick who has a home in Austin and graded the Clippers offseason an F-

peplaw06

Brand New Member

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
Cuban made a deal with the Devil for that championship. We are cursed

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh well.

It's a bitch move by Jordan, but hopefully the Mavs will benefit down the road from not committing this money. 80 million for a center with no offensive game is not a smart investment when you don't have other pieces around to pick up the slack.

Jordan would be a great signing for Golden State, Cleveland, Miami, etc. But for Dallas? The only reason why any Mavs fan should even be pleased with that signing is because they finally signed a big FA, but of all the guys we could have signed over the years, he was at the bottom of my list.

No Mavs fan should lose sleep over this.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cuban made a deal with the Devil for that championship. We are cursed
So did Jerry and Jon Daniels for the world series appearances as well.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Oh well.

It's a bitch move by Jordan, but hopefully the Mavs will benefit down the road from not committing this money. 80 million for a center with no offensive game is not a smart investment when you don't have other pieces around to pick up the slack.

Jordan would be a great signing for Golden State, Cleveland, Miami, etc. But for Dallas? The only reason why any Mavs fan should even be pleased with that signing is because they finally signed a big FA, but of all the guys we could have signed over the years, he was at the bottom of my list.

No Mavs fan should lose sleep over this.
It's all funny money with the cap going up... His signing would be huge for the team given its current state. Now we're looking at trying to tank to get a top 7 pick. I think Jordan could be a dominant offensive presence if given the opportunity.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's all funny money with the cap going up... His signing would be huge for the team given its current state. Now we're looking at trying to tank to get a top 7 pick. I think Jordan could be a dominant offensive presence if given the opportunity.
:unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, that's not gonna happen.

Again, this is why it's not a big deal to me. Would I rather have him? Yes, because it could make getting other FA's in the future a bit easier. But I'm not crazy about the actual player.

Honestly, how much better are we with him than with Tyson Chandler? Because he's basically a better version of Chandler, but by how much? Put him on the Mavs in place of Chandler last year, and how many more games do we win? Maybe 5?

If he signs, cool. If not, oh well. We aren't going anywhere this year either way.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
What did he average... 20 and 20 when Griffin was out for 1/4 of the season? Pretty damn good.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
He's not just better than Chandler. He's also younger and stays healthier.

Not saying we would be a contender with him next season. But if he's here long-term, then Parsons stays past next season and we are attractive for the next young FA talent next season. Without him, Parsons opts out, and we may not have a first rounder next season... That's two more wasted seasons. Dirk is gone by then... blow it up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He's not just better than Chandler. He's also younger and stays healthier.

Not saying we would be a contender with him next season. But if he's here long-term, then Parsons stays past next season and we are attractive for the next young FA talent next season. Without him, Parsons opts out, and we may not have a first rounder next season... That's two more wasted seasons. Dirk is gone by then... blow it up.
Dirk is no longer an important piece to a championship caliber team.

At this point, he'd be best suited to be a 6th man who could give you a 20 point night every now and again. I love Dirk and he's my favorite player all time behind MJ, but he's not a piece anymore and shouldn't be considered part of any equation for building a contender.

If the Jordan thing fails, it's time to blow up this average team now.....or whatever is left of it.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech

At this point, he'd be best suited to be a 6th man who could give you a 20 point night every now and again. I love Dirk and he's my favorite player all time behind MJ, but he's not a piece anymore and should be considered part of any equation for building a contender.

If the Jordan thing fails, it's time to blow up this average team now.....or whatever is left of it.
But I have my doubts that Cuban will be willing to do that until Dirk is retired. Like Jerry with Aikman

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
But I have my doubts that Cuban will be willing to do that until Dirk is retired. Like Jerry with Aikman
As it stands today, this isn't a good team. Add Jordan, and they're a 7/8 seed just as they've been the last 2 years.

What exactly is worth salvaging of this mediocre group? The only reason I'd even want to pursue this Jordan thing anymore is simply because I'm hoping it might help with future FA's. But if he goes back to LA, then they might as well just start trying to rebuild a new team from the ground up.

peplaw06

Brand New Member

At this point, he'd be best suited to be a 6th man who could give you a 20 point night every now and again. I love Dirk and he's my favorite player all time behind MJ, but he's not a piece anymore and shouldn't be considered part of any equation for building a contender.

I agree with all of this... But I don't want to blow it up now. There's no guarantee that we can get a top 7 pick next season, I'd rather have a young core that's attractive to free agents without a first rounder, than one that has no core and no first rounder. Parsons, Jordan, Matthews and Dirk can be enough to get into the playoffs, give up our first to BOS next season when it doesn't hurt as bad. Then you have some pieces to attract free agents and you're not just hoping on Cuban selling playing here... That's clearly not working... we need talent here that other guys want to play with.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
So far, Clippers able to keep everyone else out of house, including Cuban, agents. Everyone. They're in four-corners until midnight Eastern.

:lol

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
So far, Clippers able to keep everyone else out of house, including Cuban, agents. Everyone. They're in four-corners until midnight Eastern.

:lol
Again, he's being a real bitch.

He promised the Mavs a meeting and now they're saying the Clippers aren't letting anyone in?

If Cuban has any self respect, he'll tell Jordan to go fuck himself and move on.

Fuck that guy. He isn't a superstar player that can change a franchise, so the Mavs shouldn't be chasing him like one.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Again, he's being a real bitch.

He promised the Mavs a meeting and now they're saying the Clippers aren't letting anyone in?

If Cuban has any self respect, he'll tell Jordan to go fuck himself and move on.

Fuck that guy. He isn't a superstar player that can change a franchise, so the Mavs shouldn't be chasing him like one.
But....But you have Chandler the best recruiter in the NBA.:lol

I knew Cuban was getting desperate when he gave Chandler that ridiculous contract last year.

Top Bottom