boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Romo invited to fan's wedding, awful trend continues

By Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer
Published: July 8, 2015 at 08:32 a.m.
Updated: July 8, 2015 at 08:38 a.m.

The next wave of awful sports fan internet trends has arrived.

Back in the good old days, people would just film their screaming, crying children in team jerseys and they'd get to meet Champ Bailey.

Now, they invite them to their weddings.

Peyton Manning declined an invitation back in 2013 from a fan that admired his career and Eagles coach Chip Kelly did the same in 2014 from a couple that thought it would be funny to invite Chip Kelly to their wedding.

On Wednesday, SportsDayDFW.com brought us another one: Tony Romo.

The fan also specifically cited the Manning example, noting that there were autographs involved.

All of the athletes have handled this situation with grace. Romo even sent the couple an autographed picture, which seems to be the end game for all of these people anyway.

What would they actually do if Manning, Romo or Kelly showed up?

Missing the most important night of your life to grill an NFL head coach on his theories about the power spread is certainly an interesting way to go. Maybe these couples have visions of playing two-hand touch at the reception hall and need a really, really solid all-time quarterback?

Anyway, let's not test the limits of these players' generosity, unless you really expect them to be at your wedding. This is another NFL internet trend that can gently fade away.
---------------

Damn, some people are so effing stupid.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would they actually do if Manning, Romo or Kelly showed up?

Missing the most important night of your life to grill an NFL head coach on his theories about the power spread is certainly an interesting way to go. Maybe these couples have visions of playing two-hand touch at the reception hall and need a really, really solid all-time quarterback?

I'm sure many real fans would love to have their favorite player at their wedding. So let's not act like it would be a travesty if they showed up.

With that being said everyone knows the player isn't going to show up and if you're fishing for some type of a nice gift I think it's just pathetic. I mean could you imagine if every NFL fan started doing this?

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm sure many real fans would love to have their favorite player at their wedding. So let's not act like it would be a travesty if they showed up.

With that being said everyone knows the player isn't going to show up and if you're fishing for some type of a nice gift I think it's just pathetic. I mean could you imagine if every NFL fan started doing this?
Yeah, that part of the article was weird. My High School Civics teacher came to my wedding. We didn't debate political theory.

Top Bottom