Video Game Chatter

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I can't wait to get a PS4... I know it is a beast, but I gotta tell ya... I am loving the xbox one. And I'm no fan boy, all I've ever owned is play station.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I don't understand the voice command and gesture control hate for xb1.... Both work great for me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't understand the voice command and gesture control hate for xb1.... Both work great for me.
If you're by yourself when using it, I don't think there are any problems.

It's when people are in the room with you and talking that you can run into unexpected problems because the Xbox detects certain sounds and interprets them incorrectly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I can't wait to get a PS4... I know it is a beast, but I gotta tell ya... I am loving the xbox one. And I'm no fan boy, all I've ever owned is play station.
As a multimedia device, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up liking the XB1 more.

As an all around entertainment console, it's got bigger ideas in mind than PS4 and a lot of what it does and is supposed to do in the future is pretty damn cool.

But as purely a gaming device and for the value, I think the PS4 is the better option.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
If you're by yourself when using it, I don't think there are any problems.

It's when people are in the room with you and talking that you can run into unexpected problems because the Xbox detects certain sounds and interprets them incorrectly.
I have not noticed a problem. When my wife walks in the room, regardless of what I'm doing, it pops up a "Hello, Mandy!" Which is cool because it just recognizes that she's in the room.

The real test will be tomorrow we will have a few friends over.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I think a lot of the xbox hate is coming from play station fanboys. I have not had any of the problems that Ace and others around the web are talking about.

I love it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think a lot of the xbox hate is coming from play station fanboys. I have not had any of the problems that Ace and others around the web are talking about.

I love it.
:lol

They're legit gripes, but that doesn't mean that every single person is going to experience an issue.

Sounds like you definitely fell into the good side of things which is obviously a good thing when you pay 500 bucks for something.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
This system will be just fine. Let's see how it's doing in a year once they really get their shit together.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I've purchased Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3.

I've played the beta for Titanfall. It's an FPS and it's awesome.

However, I am still horrible at console FPS.
Dead Rising looks cool.

I think that's supposed to be the best game on XB1 right now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Titanfall looked very intriguing....until they announced it was 6 on 6 with bots making up the rest of the playing field.

Bots in a MP shooter = FAIL

It still could be great being as it is the work of the guys who made the legendary MW1, but I am not a fan at all of bots in an MP game, especially a shooter.

Also, if you still plan on getting a PS4, I would wait for the rumored Infamous bundles that are coming out next month. Word is that Amazon is gonna sell it at a discounted price, so you'd be getting a PS4 along with a great PS4 exclusive for less than you would if it bought it in stores.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

This game look so bad but I have to have it. It's fricking Rambo!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've purchased Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3.

I really liked the dead rising games of the past and it sounds like they corrected the few problems I had with earlier versions on this one. One of the games I was disappointed won't be on the PS4. Especially since Dead Rising 2 was on the PS3.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I've never played dead rising before. This one is just dumb mindless fun.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, so much for Rambo: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/21/rambo-the-video-game-review

In a bowling alley arcade, circa 1997, a Rambo: The Video Game cabinet replete with a hulking plastic light machine gun smeared with Dorito dust and palm sweat might have been one of the better ways to lose several dollars. In 2014, the idea of slogging through an entirely scripted, arcade rail-shooter with a mouse or a joypad feels like an unmitigated waste of time for everybody involved.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never played dead rising before. This one is just dumb mindless fun.
Sounds a lot like the second one. Kill lots of cool shit and explore different fun looking places. Also don't forget to build some of the most random weapons along the way.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Being as I'm on gaming websites practically everyday, how the hell did I miss Antonio Banderas becoming the official meme of the PS4 vs XB1 war? :lol

This vid is 31 minutes long and I only got to about minute 6, but you don't have to watch more than the first few minutes to get a good laugh.

Ah the wonder of the interwebz:

http://kotaku.com/the-complete-antonio-banderas-ps4-gif-collection-1484677976

Top Bottom