Archer: Cowboys have to 'put socks back on' all over again

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Regardless of what happens with Peterson, we need to go after a RB somewhere around the middle of the middle of the draft. Even if we get Peterson he's going to be on a 2-3 year contrast and then he will be gone. Either way, we need more talent backing him up and eventually supplanting him.
If Dallas wants a letigimate shot at the SB next season their best chance at RB is with Murray. To me its worth the cost to franchise him for a one year test.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Peterson is not the only back I am interested in...Murray is my first choice, but I'd also like Gore, Ridley, Tate...and like Gordon, Cobb, Johnson in the draft.

We have to be flexible and willing to look at other options...if you put all your eggs in one basket then you are doing it wrong. So while it may rub some the wrong way, it is worth discussing...even Peterson.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If Dallas wants a letigimate shot at the SB next season their best chance at RB is with Murray. To me its worth the cost to franchise him for a one year test.
I think that's pure speculation and Sooner homerism. And I absolutely don't agree. I think there are plenty of other avenues we can go down. I say we wait and see what happens.

Carp

DCC 4Life
A running back to suit your preference.
I'm asking you specifically. You have been putting people on the spot in regards to this subject, so it's time to actually put an opinion out there instead of just telling everyone why theirs is wrong.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think we'll end up having to franchise Dez. It will take some fast negotiation to get the two sides together in time to franchise Murray and I don't think Dez has any reason to be in a hurry.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm asking you specifically. You have been putting people on the spot in regards to this subject, so it's time to actually put an opinion out there instead of just telling everyone why theirs is wrong.
I have given you my option. I would keep Murray with a franchise tag if necessary and forget the draft. I cant be any more specific than that. And you are whistling dixie if you think have told anyone they are wrong. I havent put anyone on the spot. I have pointed out some issues that could complicate certain options.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think we'll end up having to franchise Dez. It will take some fast negotiation to get the two sides together in time to franchise Murray and I don't think Dez has any reason to be in a hurry.
Maybe so but I think the priority of the organization is to get Dez signed first.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Peterson is not the only back I am interested in...Murray is my first choice, but I'd also like Gore, Ridley, Tate...and like Gordon, Cobb, Johnson in the draft.
Those are all good options, I could also be interested in Ray Rice. I think the year off could have freshened his legs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

That is an awful photoshop.
You should have seen the article it was attached to. They spelled Dez's name as Des at least twice. Eesh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You really think he is in a position to demand big dollars?
At the end of the day, he will not play for dirt either.

I don't get this retarded perception that he is a Cowboy already. The timing is not right, nor is there an assurance the money is .

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have given you my option. I would keep Murray with a franchise tag if necessary and forget the draft. I cant be any more specific than that. And you are whistling dixie if you think have told anyone they are wrong. I havent put anyone on the spot. I have pointed out some issues that could complicate certain options.
Ok, you don't tell anyone they are wrong...you are a lawyer and know how to parse your words...but you continually show all the roadblocks as to why Peterson can't come here, meanwhile you have a couple scenarios how we can keep Murray.

So my question to you...if there is no Murray or Peterson on the roster, what is your alternative to that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This was a duplicate post.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ok, you don't tell anyone they are wrong...you are a lawyer and know how to parse your words...but you continually show all the roadblocks as to why Peterson can't come here, meanwhile you have a couple scenarios how we can keep Murray.

So my question to you...if there is no Murray or Peterson on the roster, what is your alternative to that?
But you do have an alternative with Murray. That option (or window) can be guarenteed for a year with the franchise tag. That is contingent of course to signing Dez which I think will happen because it almost has to be done to make the franchice tag available. In the event it isn't then you have to go to what the best available option left is and that would be the draft. The reason it is the best option at that point is because the Petersen option may still not be serttled or available then. As has already been pointed out by several, a lot of good RBs are available in the draft. I havent setteded on anyone in particular but if I thought that was going to be the only remaining option I would give it serious thought. And by thre way even though I have had some formal education in law I am not an attorney.

Carp

DCC 4Life
But you do have an alternative with Murray. That option (or window) can be guarenteed for a year with the franchise tag. That is contingent of course to signing Dez which I think will happen because it almost has to be done to make the franchice tag available. In the event it isn't then you have to go to what the best available option left is and that would be the draft. The reason it is the best option at that point is because the Petersen option may still not be serttled or available then. As has already been pointed out by several, a lot of good RBs are available in the draft. I havent setteded on anyone in particular but if I thought that was going to be the only remaining option I would give it serious thought.
Yet again, many words without saying anything. Props.

Top Bottom