Cowboys Cap Calculator

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For example, we can save 2.75 mill by designating Bernadeau a June 1 cut.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nice. Just some quick moves and have us 12 mill to play with

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Too bad the team won't do some of them....like cut Ware.
Werder was on ESPN the other day talking about this and he claims the Cowboys are seriously considering it.

I wish they would do it and just start getting rid of all of these pansies that have been part of this humiliating era of FAIL.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Nice. Just some quick moves and have us 12 mill to play with
What moves did you make did you make, I'm interested to see how you saved 30 mil right off the top.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What moves did you make did you make, I'm interested to see how you saved 30 mil right off the top.
Bad news: we only have 5 players on the team. J/k.

I didn't really take the following years into account so its not really feasible. I restructured Romo, Ware, Carr, and maybe one other. Cut Austin and a bunch of junk at the end.

I know its not the smart way but just had a little time to fart around with it.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Bad news: we only have 5 players on the team. J/k.

I didn't really take the following years into account so its not really feasible. I restructured Romo, Ware, Carr, and maybe one other. Cut Austin and a bunch of junk at the end.

I know its not the smart way but just had a little time to fart around with it.
I was looking at this and I made 3 moves that got us under the cap and still come out good in 2015. I restructed Romo, cut Ware (post june 1), and cut Austin outright. That gave us $1,274,857 to play with. Of course there would have to be other moves made to sign a few free agents and draft picks. But I don't think Jerry will do what needs to be done and cut ware and austin. Therefore we will be stuck in cap hell.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was looking at this and I made 3 moves that got us under the cap and still come out good in 2015. I restructed Romo, cut Ware (post june 1), and cut Austin outright. That gave us $1,274,857 to play with. Of course there would have to be other moves made to sign a few free agents and draft picks. But I don't think Jerry will do what needs to be done and cut ware and austin. Therefore we will be stuck in cap hell.
You also have to factor in the cap raise this year. This calculator goes off us being 21 mill in the red, and we will only be about 14 over with the new cap hike.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Giving what that calculator is spitting out, I'd cut Austin outright, not at June 1.

The difference this year is FAAAR outweighed by how much he'd save us next year if he's a normal cut.

dallen

Senior Tech
Cutting Ware saves us $7 million this season and $17 million next season. If you restructure him it just moves the problem to next year when it will be even worse. Next season Romo, Ware, Carr, Free and Austin alone will count $66 million against the 2015 cap.
:tehj

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cutting Ware saves us $7 million this season and $17 million next season. If you restructure him it just moves the problem to next year when it will be even worse. Next season Romo, Ware, Carr, Free and Austin alone will count $66 million against the 2015 cap.
:tehj
That's all the evidence you need to cut Ware.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Giving what that calculator is spitting out, I'd cut Austin outright, not at June 1.

The difference this year is FAAAR outweighed by how much he'd save us next year if he's a normal cut.
It's a good idea to take your punishment this year but we're going to need another warm body to replace Ware and if we go in with 2 mil in cap room I don't think we could get even a backloaded deal done with a Michael Johnson type. We would end up going into 2013 starting Selvie and Wilber at DE.

Top Bottom