Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What is another? RB was the low hanging fruit.
We were ranked fairly high last season so repeating is not always easy. Consistency. Romo not able to duplicate career year?

Teams adjusting their defenses.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2516740-insider-buzz-hardy-wont-sue-nfl-if-suspension-reduced-by-2-to-4-games

Cole (video link) hears from sources close to Hardy that the Cowboys defensive end is losing his will to fight the NFL in regard to his 10-game suspension, having been worn down by a long legal process. If Hardy’s appeal results in his ban being reduced by two or four games, he may be willing to accept the penalty rather than continuing to fight the NFL by filing a lawsuit against the league.

Cotton

Staff member
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2516740-insider-buzz-hardy-wont-sue-nfl-if-suspension-reduced-by-2-to-4-games

Cole (video link) hears from sources close to Hardy that the Cowboys defensive end is losing his will to fight the NFL in regard to his 10-game suspension, having been worn down by a long legal process. If Hardy’s appeal results in his ban being reduced by two or four games, he may be willing to accept the penalty rather than continuing to fight the NFL by filing a lawsuit against the league.
I don't believe that for one damn second. He is on a per game pay contract. No way he just gives up hundreds of thousands of dollars because he is "tired" of fighting the suspension. It's not like he is having to do shit anyway in regards to it. Dumb report.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't believe that for one damn second. He is on a per game pay contract. No way he just gives up hundreds of thousands of dollars because he is "tired" of fighting the suspension. It's not like he is having to do shit anyway in regards to it. Dumb report.
No shit. How exhausting is it to tell your lawyer to fight? Still, if it were a 4 game suspension that seems a lot more fair

p1_

DCC 4Life
Right? As if suiting up for two a days is a fucking vacation compared to picking up a phone to talk with your attorney. Negro, please.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This guy is what makes me believe that BleacherReport is still a joke. He literally sounds like he is just making shit up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It depends on how the whole process works out though. If he believes he has a slim shot at getting it reduced by more than 2-4 games, he might just take the deal to get on the field sooner. Your point about being paid per game is important. If he feels the better shot at getting extra game checks is to comply with the reduction, why be stubborn? The court system is not going to necessarily be swift about giving him a decision, much less one in his favor. I don't know if he could obtain an injunction to play while it is being settled, that alone might be the bigger factor.

Cotton

Staff member
It depends on how the whole process works out though. If he believes he has a slim shot at getting it reduced by more than 2-4 games, he might just take the deal to get on the field sooner. Your point about being paid per game is important. If he feels the better shot at getting extra game checks is to comply with the reduction, why be stubborn? The court system is not going to necessarily be swift about giving him a decision, much less one in his favor. I don't know if he could obtain an injunction to play while it is being settled, that alone might be the bigger factor.
I'm not buying it. I think he does everything he possibly can to get the biggest reduction he can. And if his agent and lawyer are worth their salt they will advise him the same. There has been a precedent set. Let the courts follow it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not buying it. I think he does everything he possibly can to get the biggest reduction he can. And if his agent and lawyer are worth their salt they will advise him the same. There has been a precedent set. Let the courts follow it.
Not only that but the injunction would be cake to get from the court. The reason being is that Hardy would face irreparable harm of it wasn't granted. The NFL would not. It's a no brainer. Plus his legal fees are nothing compared the a game check or two for Hardy.

dallen

Senior Tech
Is he even directly paying for the attorney? It seems like the NFLPA would want to handle it to me

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe it's a trick to get the NFL to RELEASE THEIR FUCKING DECISION ALREADY.

God, I'd file a suit against them for their delay, this is a sham.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mixed reports on if Cowboys’ Greg Hardy will fight NFL in court if suspension not reduced to 2 games

SportsDayDFW.com Follow @SportsDayDFW Email websports@dallasnews.com

Published: July 8, 2015 10:11 am

Will Greg Hardy take the NFL to court or won’t he?

That’s the big question that will be answered when the NFL announces the results of Hardy’s appeal of a 10-game suspension for violation of the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy.

One report says he might not if the suspension is reduced.

– Hardy is “losing some of his will to fight,” reports Jason Cole of Bleacher Report, citing sources close to Hardy. Cole reports that if Hardy can get some sort of reduction in his 10-game suspension, perhaps down to eight or six games, he may be willing to drop any further action against the NFL. Hardy is worn down from a legal process and appeals process that has taken more than a year, Cole reports.

– But Pro Football Talk reports, again citing a source close to Hardy, that Hardy will challenge in court an arbitration ruling that imposes anything more than a two-game suspension . “Greg has every intention of taking whatever legal steps are necessary,” the source told PFT. “Nothing has changed on our end. Greg has nothing to lose by fighting.” The source added that the 41-days-and-counting delay in the issuance of a decision from the appeal hearing has only strengthened the resolve to fight. Hardy could argue that the NFL has dragged its feet in order to make it harder for Hardy to get a final decision from a federal court before the regular season.

The Dallas Cowboys’ defender argued at an appeal hearing in late May for his 10-game suspension to be overturned or reduced.

Cotton

Staff member

Shrimp Beasley. Amirite, [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
His hair is gone. So much for his year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Shrimp Beasley. Amirite, [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]?
I still can't believe this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom