McFadden To Have Elbow Surgery; Out Two Months

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol That's a great gif.

As for the phone story, it's one of the biggest BS stories I've ever heard.
The funny thing is I don't really care what he was doing to hurt it. I'm sure he was doing something stupid but that happens to everyone. But if you're going to lie, at least make up something believable.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The funny thing is I don't really care what he was doing to hurt it. I'm sure he was doing something stupid but that happens to everyone. But if you're going to lie, at least make up something believable.
Why is it so unbelievable?

You could easily bump you elbow against something trying to catch a phone.

Evidently the elbow was not injured that much if just practiced last week, has the exact story come about how the injury occurred?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why is it so unbelievable?

You could easily bump you elbow against something trying to catch a phone.

Evidently the elbow was not injured that much if just practiced last week, has the exact story come about how the injury occurred?
Agreed.

Since he's already admitted it's a non-football injury, short of injuring it in a crackhouse or in a gay tryst, why would he tell anything but the truth?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed.

Since he's already admitted it's a non-football injury, short of injuring it in a crackhouse or in a gay tryst, why would he tell anything but the truth?
There are voids in contracts for certain prohibited activities. Jetskis, motorcycles and things of that nature.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now McFadden is saying he broke the elbow slipping on concrete near the pool at his friend's house.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Now McFadden is saying he broke the elbow slipping on concrete near the pool at his friend's house.
Well either way he will be in for an excessive amount of rehab time. It's the McFadden of prior times.

data

Forbes #1
Devil has returned to further collect on his deal with jerruh.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is at least a believable story. There may even be a grain of truth to it. Throw in a little booze and an attempt at something stupid jumping into the pool and you probably have the real story.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:lol

That's great.

Jack Tripper. :towel

Although, that doesn't have the Three's Company look. Must be a shot from one of his other roles.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kate Hairopoulos , Staff Writer

The initial story that emerged about Darren McFadden breaking his right elbow in an all-out effort to save his new iPhone was phooey, it seems. Or should we say phony?

Speaking publicly about the incident for the first time, the Cowboys running back gave a different account than the one circulated by his coaches earlier this month to explain the accident that required surgery and is expected to keep him out for about two months.

McFadden told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that the reports were untrue. He said he was in a friend's backyard after a funeral and slipped on cement near a swimming pool.

"I just slipped down and landed on my elbow," he told the paper. "My phone was in my hand, and so people kind of put that story out."

McFadden shared his version of the incident while he was in his home state last week to attend an event with elementary and junior high school students at Little Rock Air Force Base.

Cowboys running backs coach Gary Brown said the injury occurred when McFadden tried to recover his cellphone after he nearly dropped it. Head coach Jason Garrett said the injury occurred over Memorial Day weekend at McFadden's home.

The story spawned incredulous and playful Internet memes and revived lists of peculiar injuries suffered by athletes.

Garrett later added: "It's hard to explain that. I'm sure he didn't think the choice was, 'OK, I'm going to keep the cellphone and break my elbow.' I think he probably thought he could make the play. I don't know much about it beyond that."

McFadden missed time during the second week of organized team activities that immediately followed Memorial Day because of a family matter, Cowboys officials said.

Hereturned for the final week of OTAs. At the end of the week, McFadden informed the training staff that his elbow didn't feel right. The fracture was detected in physicals before the mandatory three-day minicamp the next week.

McFadden led the Cowboys in rushing last season with 1,089 yards, but he's had a rough offseason. Dallas added running back Alfred Morris in free agency, drafted running back Ezekiel Elliott with the No. 4 overall pick and McFadden sued his one-time financial planner for $15 million.

It's possible McFadden could return during training camp, which begins in late July.

"I got a few weeks left in this brace, but other than that, my body feels good," he told the Democrat-Gazette. "I feel great, and I'm looking forward to the season. I'm ready to go."

Top Bottom