NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
You don't see a finals MVP as a clutch player?

Your objections are the same thing they've been saying about the Spurs for 5 years now. Keep saying it, it's eventually going to be true.
Crunch time go to guy has nothing to do with being clutch, it's the ability to get a basket when everyone is focusing on you with the game on the line.

And if we are using the Lebron scale of clutchness he has bricked FT's multiple times with games on the line, so there is that.

Leonard is a very good young player but I don't see him as somebody you would never build a contending team around .

And no my objections are not the same thing people have been saying because depth is the reson I am using and that has never been an issue with S.A.

Who is going to play those minutes when Pop is resting everybody during the season, Splitter, Joseph, Bellinelli and Baynes were all rotation guys last year.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Crunch time go to guy has nothing to do with being clutch, it's the ability to get a basket when everyone is focusing on you with the game on the line.
lol wut

Being a go to crunch time guy is the epitome of being clutch.

Jiggyfly

Banned
lol wut

Being a go to crunch time guy is the epitome of being clutch.
And when has he ever been called on to be a crunch time guy?

Most of his offense is predicated on somebody else making a play, he is not a guy who you give the ball to when the shot clock is going down.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Most of his offense is predicated on somebody else making a play, he is not a guy who you give the ball to when the shot clock is going down.
2007 NBA Finals MVP...so there is that. 18.6 PPG for his career in the postseason. 2 points above his career average...so his game elevates on the big stage.

He absolutely is a guy you give the ball to when the shot clock is running down, he would drive the lane and score, or dish for a better shot.

Jiggyfly

Banned
2007 NBA Finals MVP...so there is that. 18.6 PPG for his career in the postseason. 2 points above his career average...so his game elevates on the big stage.

He absolutely is a guy you give the ball to when the shot clock is running down, he would drive the lane and score, or dish for a better shot.
Ok. this from the guy whom says Okafor reminds him of Webber.:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ok. this from the guy whom says Okafor reminds him of Webber.:lol
:laff

Whatever dude, your assessment of Parker is way off. If it helps you to bring up the Okafor/Webber comparison, then go for it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

The way the Spurs play offense is predicated on finding the open man and letting him take the shot. It's not built around trying to get one Kobe Bryant type superstar to take over the game in the 4th quarter. Putting that on any player in the Spurs system is misunderstanding the offense.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Parker looked the worst of the bunch and he is the main reason for my pessimism, he does not strike me as being the type to age as well as the others.

I think they will still be a very good team but I think the younger faster teams will expose them come playoff time, how do they matchup at small ball time.

I also don't see Leonard as a crunch time go to guy.
:dunce

Jiggyfly

Banned
The way the Spurs play offense is predicated on finding the open man and letting him take the shot. It's not built around trying to get one Kobe Bryant type superstar to take over the game in the 4th quarter. Putting that on any player in the Spurs system is misunderstanding the offense.
You seem to have a misubderstanding of what I am talking about.

Every contending team has a guy or mutiple guys who can get there own shot in the last 2 minutes of a close game, the Spurs have been blessed to have 3 in Parker, Manu and Duncan.

Nobody is saying go one on one Kobe style but having the ability to threaten a defense in such a way that you can get a good shot or draw defenders away opening things up for others.

Khawi has not shown that ability yet, S.A. is mot doing anything much different than other teams they just have more players who create , this is why Atlanta could not finish.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So because you mentioned Leonard at the end of your post, it means none of the rest of your post was relevant? Yikes
:lol

Do you even hear yourself, nothing in that post was relevant to Parker being clutch which was the misunderstanding between me and Carp.

You really are becoming the resident shit stirrer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Do you even hear yourself, nothing in that post was relevant to Parker being clutch which was the misunderstanding between me and Carp.

You really are becoming the resident shit stirrer.
It's like you don't even know what you're saying half the time.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You seem to have a misubderstanding of what I am talking about.

Every contending team has a guy or mutiple guys who can get there own shot in the last 2 minutes of a close game, the Spurs have been blessed to have 3 in Parker, Manu and Duncan.

Nobody is saying go one on one Kobe style but having the ability to threaten a defense in such a way that you can get a good shot or draw defenders away opening things up for others.

Khawi has not shown that ability yet, S.A. is mot doing anything much different than other teams they just have more players who create , this is why Atlanta could not finish.
I think Leonard has not hit his full potential yet. Parker talked at the end of last year about how Kawhi has deferred to the big 3 out of respect but in the near future it's going to be his team to lead. The local guys said there was a torch passing going on between Parker and Kawhi like there was between Robinson and Duncan when Robinson was still with the team and contributing but willing to make Tim the superstar, sort of like what's happening with Duncan and Aldridge.

Top Bottom