Rolando McClain suspended 4 games

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

They should just go ahead and cut him. He is more trouble than he is worth. Absolutely untrustworthy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's the RKG, though. Who cares if he hates to practice, retires every other year, and can't control himself off the field.

And I doubt they cut him. It's only four games guyz! He'll still be there for our playoff run!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Again, this is why I wanted both Bruce Carter and/or Durant back over him.

He's unreliable in so many ways.

Get rid of him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, just cut him now. He couldn't even stay healthy. What's the point in keeping him?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not cutting him...look, we can posture all we want, but the defense was much better when he was on the field.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, just cut him now. He couldn't even stay healthy. What's the point in keeping him?
The only thing I can think of is that we probably knew about this suspension months ago when we signed the guy. It's probably why he garnered so little interest on the open market.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm not cutting him...look, we can posture all we want, but the defense was much better when he was on the field.
He is the epitome of "it's always something with this guy". He's is already out the first 4 games and his level of commitment and reliability is extremely questionable. Not sure you can expect that he'll be a difference maker on the field this season. I have had the attitude "whatever you get out of him is gravy" but I've had enough of his nonsense. I doubt the organization shares that sentiment strongly enough to cut him at this point, but I would.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But he isn't going to be on the field.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He is the epitome of "it's always something with this guy". He's is already out the first 4 games and his level of commitment and reliability is extremely questionable. Not sure you can expect that he'll be a difference maker on the field this season. I have had the attitude "whatever you get out of him is gravy" but I've had enough of his nonsense. I doubt the organization shares that sentiment strongly enough to cut him at this point, but I would.
And Hardy may be out up to 10 games as well. Why have folks on the roster who won't be playing. How does that make for an improved defense?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Didnt we already know this was coming? He just finally got the punishment announced but I believe this was known months ago.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Didnt we already know this was coming? He just finally got the punishment announced but I believe this was known months ago.
Before he was fined four game checks. Actual suspension is the next step.

He may have figured he wasn't playing for free, so why not smoke it up and miss the games altogether.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I'm with you on this one, yeah he's a retard, but he also put a backbone in this defense pretty much all by himself last season. And he's not very expensive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
2. McClain was already facing a suspension. The Cowboys have known since at least February that McClain might be suspended. At the time, McClain was a free agent, but Dallas chose to re-sign him to a one-year deal anyway, even though the team knew a suspension was very possible.

McClain's latest suspension definitely isn't the first time he's run into problems since being drafted in 2010. The Cowboys linebacker has been on thin ice almost since the day he was selected No. 8 overall by the Raiders.

Since 2010, McClain has retired twice and been arrested three times. McClain's most recent retirement came in April 2014 when he was with the Ravens.

After things didn't work out in Baltimore, the Ravens traded McClain to Dallas in July 2014 and McClain ended up having a resurgent season with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys knew McClain was a risk, which is why the team only signed him to a one-year, incentive-laden deal in April.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25231639/cowboys-lb-rolando-mcclain-suspended-for-first-4-games-of-2015

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Hardy may be out up to 10 games as well. Why have folks on the roster who won't be playing. How does that make for an improved defense?
Because they aren't technically on the roster until their suspensions are up. I'll take an addition like Hardy for any amount of games that he able to play. Imagine if you could just add an elite probowl talent to your roster mid season? Why the hell wouldn't you want to do that?

McClain frustrates me because he doesn't practice and is starting to look lazy. I love what he did last year but I fear him having a negative impact on other players at some point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because they aren't technically on the roster until their suspensions are up. I'll take an addition like Hardy for any amount of games that he able to play. Imagine if you could just add an elite probowl talent to your roster mid season? Why the hell wouldn't you want to do that?

McClain frustrates me because he doesn't practice and is starting to look lazy. I love what he did last year but I fear him having a negative impact on other players at some point.
If Hardy isn't on the roster until his suspension is over, does he get to practice with the team?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Hardy isn't on the roster until his suspension is over, does he get to practice with the team?
That I'm not really sure about. Obviously he is allowed to practice now and I believe he can play in and participate in the preseason. It would seem odd that he would then be required to stop practicing once the season starts but I honestly have no idea.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We'll need him around if Sean Lee can't deliver once again.

Top Bottom