MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I remember when the Rangers refused to give up Andrus in a deal for Justin Upton. I thought it was laughable then and it looks even more laughable now. His offensive numbers are shit at this point and he isn't more than an average fielder these days either. I'm sure he has some trade value but I'm assuming it has to have taken a hit over the past couple of years.
Andrus was a joke. His trade value has sailed and we are stuck with that for now. Honestly I would rather trade for Chapman and bullpen pieces. That's where we are lacking. That and RH power.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mlb-lance-mccullers-houston-astros-changeup/

If McCullers keeps up his current pace, it won’t be long before he’s a great starter. Through the first six starts of his major league career, he’s punched out 40 batters, allowing just 22 hits and flashing a 2.00 ERA in 36 innings. He has allowed more than two runs just once in those six starts, and he has only allowed one homer, which came in the at-bat right before he took down Cabrera.
So far, Houston’s gotten more than it could have possibly hoped. McCullers is missing bats at a prolific clip, with a 28.4 percent strikeout rate that’s fourth-best among AL starters with at least 30 innings pitched. He’s also dominating with his secondary pitches, allowing a paltry .132 batting average against his wicked curve, and not a single hit against that freak-show changeup. Maybe the most promising sign of growth is how stingy he’s been with his walks: just 2.5 free passes per nine innings in the bigs, after a scary 4.5 BB/9 IP rate in the minors.
:towel

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Daniel Gotera ✔@DTGoteraKHOU
Source tells @BobAllenKHOU that Phillies LHP Cole Hamels has blocked (for now) any possible trade to #Astros. Rangers & Yankees are in play

Rev

Staff member
whitteflag.jpg

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Giancarlo Stanton out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand.

I was hoping to see him make a run at 60.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mets and Cubs talking about Niese...Baez was rumored until he broke his finger.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Phillies are such a mess the manager just up and quit. :lol

It would be embarrassing if it wasn't so funny.

My only solace is Amaro may not last the season.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If they give up Baez for Niese that tells me they have no confidence in Baez ever figuring it out.
Niese has value in that he is affordable and under contract for 3 years. He is a solid 3-4 starter. At some point the Cubs are going to have to do something with the Castro, Russell, Baez group.

Rev

Staff member
Phillies are such a mess the manager just up and quit. :lol

It would be embarrassing if it wasn't so funny.

My only solace is Amaro may not last the season.
Hopefully he will send Hamels to Texas for Andrus on the way out.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Daniel Gotera ✔@DTGoteraKHOU
Source tells @BobAllenKHOU that Phillies LHP Cole Hamels has blocked (for now) any possible trade to #Astros. Rangers & Yankees are in play
I think the "source" was just Hamels' original no-trade list. He has clarified it since.

"I had to make a list back in October. I came up with a criteria based on a lot of things - winning and losing, family. It was only nine teams. Those teams were in the middle of the pack...(The Astros) just didn't make the nine-team list. When I made the list in October - who knew?"

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Texas Rangers activate Josh Hamilton, send Joey Gallo to minors
Evan Grant/reporter Email egrant@dallasnews.com
Published: June 30, 2015 2:15 pm

BALTIMORE – The Rangers on Tuesday activated Josh Hamilton from the DL and ended Joey Gallo’s one-month exposure to the major leagues.

Gallo was optioned to Triple-A Round Rock in order to make room for Hamilton. Gallo had not played above Double-A before the Rangers purchased his contract on June 2.

After three hits in his major league debut, including a home run, Gallo held his own for about two weeks, but has slipped into a deep slump. He had seven hits in his last 49 at-bats, which included 27 strikeouts. Gallo had a three-run triple in Monday’s game against Baltimore. He finishes his stay with a .218 batting average, five home runs, a .306 OBP and a .754 OPS for 98 plate appearances.

The most significant project for Gallo at Round Rock will be to refine his two-strike approach. Gallo had 55 at-bats in which the count went to two strikes. He was 1 for 49 (.020) with the only hit being a single. He did have six walks for a .127 batting average.
------------------------------------

Guess we're going to have to wait a bit longer for Gallo to dominate the majors, eh? That said, I should probably get to Round Rock while he is there. I'd like to see him play in person.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm confused. I thought this guy was basically a god...
:lol

He is a good power hitting prospect that Rangers fans got very excited about after a hot start. I think he's probably going to be pretty good in time but he's still very young (21) and needs more time in the minors.

D

Deuce

The most significant project for Gallo at Round Rock will be to refine his two-strike approach. Gallo had 55 at-bats in which the count went to two strikes. He was 1 for 49 (.020) with the only hit being a single. He did have six walks for a .127 batting average.
Steven Souza laughs at this peon.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I keep getting Joey Gallo mixed up with Dave Kingman.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

He is a good power hitting prospect that Rangers fans got very excited about after a hot start. I think he's probably going to be pretty good in time but he's still very young (21) and needs more time in the minors.
Yeah, Rev and I have joked a lot but we both knew that he was going to need more time in the minors to work on his strike zone discipline. I mean, yeah, there was a tiny hope that he would light it up right off the bat, so to speak, but realism was that he needed some more development.

Rev

Staff member
Texas Rangers activate Josh Hamilton, send Joey Gallo to minors
Evan Grant/reporter Email egrant@dallasnews.com
Published: June 30, 2015 2:15 pm

BALTIMORE – The Rangers on Tuesday activated Josh Hamilton from the DL and ended Joey Gallo’s one-month exposure to the major leagues.

Gallo was optioned to Triple-A Round Rock in order to make room for Hamilton. Gallo had not played above Double-A before the Rangers purchased his contract on June 2.

After three hits in his major league debut, including a home run, Gallo held his own for about two weeks, but has slipped into a deep slump. He had seven hits in his last 49 at-bats, which included 27 strikeouts. Gallo had a three-run triple in Monday’s game against Baltimore. He finishes his stay with a .218 batting average, five home runs, a .306 OBP and a .754 OPS for 98 plate appearances.

------------------------------------

Guess we're going to have to wait a bit longer for Gallo to dominate the majors, eh? That said, I should probably get to Round Rock while he is there. I'd like to see him play in person.
Those that talk to me outside of the board know that I didnt want to bring him up yet. I knew he wasnt ready and it showed. Once he had 2 strikes I knew it was over even early on. Anyways Round Rock is only an hour away from me so at least I have that until September.

Top Bottom