Prediction At Left Guard? La’el Collins’ Role?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hopefully that would never stop someone from posting what they really think.

But maybe you would.
:lol

You are a board treasure.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm telling you Collins will have a tough time cracking the starting lineup in his rookie season, especially right away. Someone has to fail or be hurt for him to start opening day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm telling you Collins will have a tough time cracking the starting lineup in his rookie season, especially right away. Someone has to fail or be hurt for him to start opening day.
Nothing wrong with that. It speaks to the talent on this team. All 3 first round talents we got this offseason could be starting out on the bench at the beginning of the season. The real travesty of that group may be Byron Jones who should definitely be starting somewhere in our shit secondary.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Nothing wrong with that. It speaks to the talent on this team. All 3 first round talents we got this offseason could be starting out on the bench at the beginning of the season. The real travesty of that group may be Byron Jones who should definitely be starting somewhere in our shit secondary.
True. Dallas needed a safety as much or more than they needed a corner, so of course they took a corner. I know he can play safety, but it's a disservice to him to force him to learn both positions as a rookie.

I would love to see Brandon Carr lose his starting position to Jones by merit of play, but we know that's not going to happen thanks to Carr's contract.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would love to see Brandon Carr lose his starting position to Jones by merit of play, but we know that's not going to happen thanks to Carr's contract.
That's the funny thing. Carr was horrific last year. He played well down the stretch but the majority of the year he was a huge liability. I see no reason why Jones shouldn't be able to beat him out. Especially if Jones has been playing as well at corner as we have been reading. Carr is already being horribly overpaid and now every writer is basically making him a starter because of that paycheck. I hope Dallas doesn't really do it but I think we are all prepared for Jones to start out as the nickel package guy. Still not the end of the world because we run a ton of nickel, but shouldn't Jones be playing most of the defensive snaps and not just the nickel down ones?

I think Jones is probably better then either of our safeties as well but I don't think he will play much there. The only way he beats one of those two guys out is if the Cowboys move him to safety and keep him there.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I would love to see honest competition.

I will concede that Carr deserves benefit of the doubt given the way he finished the year and also because Jones is a rookie, but Jones at least deserves a chance to prove he's better.

We've seen them screw Orlando Scandrick over for years because of Carr's contract and Claiborne's draft status. Now they finally have to acknowledge Scandrick was their best cornerback-- but after how many years? And in large part because of Claiborne's injury.

History says Jones gets a shot at nickel and nothing else besides some snaps at safety.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Broaddus is literally the only person down on Collins, always hints that he's a project.
This piece is more about Leary than Collins in my view. Very interesting too.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Carr played some FS during his first year with the team, I wouldn't mind him being the one to have to make the move.

dallen

Senior Tech

Last edited:
Top Bottom