MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Greinke is having a great year, but deGrom needs to be considered for Cy Young. He has been flatout greatness this year.

D

Deuce

A's trade Kazmir to the Astros for 2 prospects. Nice to see them not resting on their nice first half and taking their run seriously.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Alls I know is that I will be very disappointed if he doesn't warm up to Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mets close to getting Kelly Johnson and Jose Uribe from Braves.

D

Deuce

Cole Hamels with a great outing to probably close his Phillies career. Would have been greater if the last batter he ever faced was a routine flyout dropped by a rookie outfielder to spoil a no hitter. So close. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Cole Hamels with a great outing to probably close his Phillies career. Would have been greater if the last batter he ever faced was a routine flyout dropped by a rookie outfielder to spoil a no hitter. So close. :lol
If the dude dropped it, the no-hitter would still be intact. Error on the outfielder.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I bet Braves fans will look back on this Kelly Johnson like the Red Sox do with the Ruth trade.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
A lot of speculation that the Phillies are asking for too much for Hamels, but I think a game like this demonstrates that they are right in asking for a lot. He's really really good, very consistent, and usually comes up big in big games. He's 31 and locked into a reasonable contract for 3 years.

A lot of teams in this position as sellers at the deadline are pressured to make a deal because they need to unload the salary. So they take the best offer they can get and move on. The Phillies don't really care about the salary, so they are only trying to trade him for the sake of prospects. If teams don't want to pay what he's worth, the Phillies should just keep him.

D

Deuce

MLB network had a different take and said it would be a hit.
Ya, so did the Rays broadcasters who talked about it during their own game. Probably had more to do with it being a Cubs home scorekeeper.

D

Deuce

A lot of speculation that the Phillies are asking for too much for Hamels, but I think a game like this demonstrates that they are right in asking for a lot. He's really really good, very consistent, and usually comes up big in big games. He's 31 and locked into a reasonable contract for 3 years.

A lot of teams in this position as sellers at the deadline are pressured to make a deal because they need to unload the salary. So they take the best offer they can get and move on. The Phillies don't really care about the salary, so they are only trying to trade him for the sake of prospects. If teams don't want to pay what he's worth, the Phillies should just keep him.
I agree, but they really need to work on getting a deal done. They don't exactly have a deep farm system right now and now that Nola and Herreira are up, it's even weaker.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Been reading that Carl Edwards is going to be part of the asking price for any big trade? I think you should write a letter to Theo telling him that they should give him back to Texas.
I was in central IL & Chicago the past week+ and constantly on the go. Didn't follow any of that stuff closely while I was away. If they make a move for a SP like Hamels I am fine with including Edwards. He may well end up being a pen arm when it's all said & done. That is where he is now & might project better there.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I came very close to going to that game. Kind of wish I would have because I have never seen a no no live. On the other hand, would have been rough watching the Cubs get no hit. I was in that neighborhood when the game ended & a lot of drunk people had the same mixed emotions.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

There is no way they can justify keeping him. They need to rebuild & he is far and away the guy who will bring the highest return. They need to trade him before the offseason too because there will be a lot of very attractive free agent starters on the market. I agree that they shouldn't take just anything but I think it is almost certain they will get a nice prospect package in return. It would be buffoonery if they sat on him because they didn't get exactly what they want.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Conforto went 4-4 last night. His compact and quick bat reminds me of Greg Jeffries.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Conforto went 4-4 last night. His compact and quick bat reminds me of Greg Jeffries.
Schwarberlike.

I saw that the Mets put up 15 yesterday. That is probably more runs than they scored in the 7 games combined that they played against the Cubs this season.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I was in central IL & Chicago the past week+ and constantly on the go. Didn't follow any of that stuff closely while I was away. If they make a move for a SP like Hamels I am fine with including Edwards. He may well end up being a pen arm when it's all said & done. That is where he is now & might project better there.
Yeah. That would be a good move for you guys and the price would be ok. Just didnt realize Edwards was on that many teams radar as a must have trade piece. Texas sure could have used him in the pen this season. We are a train wreck there.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rougned Odor has been on a complete tear since being brought back up from his demotion on June 15th. Batting over .370 with an OPS around 1.000 during from then to now. Always like it when a player gets the message like this.

Top Bottom