NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

How in the hell are the Cavs going to pay Love 22 a year, Irving around 18, Thompson around 16 and presumably LeBron around 24?

That's like 80 a year for just those 4 players.
Same way Miami did it. Pay up big for a core and fill the roster with vets and rookies at the minimum.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Same way Miami did it. Pay up big for a core and fill the roster with vets and rookies at the minimum.
Bosh, Wade and LeBron all took paycuts with Miami, they were all getting paid around 15 a year if I remember correctly. I realize the cap is going up by quite a bit in the next few years but I don't think it's damn near doubling what the cap was just a few years ago.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Butler is done for the max, 5 years, 90 or 95 million depending on who you read, pretty standard stuff but I'm pleased it went through relatively drama free.

Jiggyfly

Banned
RussilloShow ✔@RussilloShow
We were just told by @WindhorstESPN that the Spurs are confident they'll sign LaMarcus Aldridge, but Greg Monroe is a backup plan

Jiggyfly

Banned
Marc Stein ✔@ESPNSteinLine
Love AND Thompson staying in Cleveland https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/616312709324390400

I’m going back to Cleveland.

After Game 1 of the NBA Finals, that’s when it really struck me. Sitting on the sidelines, I never wanted to play in a game more than that one. I had dreamed of playing in the NBA Finals and I just wanted to help my guys win. I couldn’t have been prouder of them as they poured their blood, sweat and tears onto the court.

Yeah, of course I’ve heard the free agency rumors. But at the end of the day, and after meeting with my teammates (it turns out pools are great meeting places) and with the front office, it was clear Cleveland was the place for me. We’re all on the same page and we’re all in. We have unfinished business and now it’s time to get back to work.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kev...shed-business/

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Brian Windhorst ✔@WindhorstESPN
Kevin Love will accept a five-year, $110 million contract extension with the Cavs according to sources

Jiggyfly

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
Phoenix has agreed to a five-year, $70 million extension with guard Brandon Knight, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Kevin Arnovitz ✔@kevinarnovitz
A sense from a couple of execs keeping tabs on Greg Monroe: Portland is a team to watch in that chase.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Tyson Chandler has agreed to a deal with the Suns, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Suns are bringing Tyson Chandler into the meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge as part of their pitch, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sources: The Suns walked into meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge moments ago, armed with Tyson Chandler and his agreed upon multi-year contract.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Things are going crazy today.

Looks like the Suns mean business.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Things are going crazy today.

Looks like the Suns means business.
They have to. They're stuck in that middle of the pack purgatory and either need to suck for better draft positioning or make moves to move up.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They have to. They're stuck in that middle of the pack purgatory and either need to suck for better draft positioning or make moves to move up.
Yeah they do.

This seems like something Ainge would do, but Boston is just not attractive.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah they do.

This seems like something Ainge would do, but Boston is just not attractive.
I think Boston is becoming more and more attractive. If you are a vet, I'd look at Ainge and see that he is a GM who would go all in to acquire pieces to put a team over the top. Stevens seems to be a coach who players like to play for as well.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Free agent forward Amir Johnson has agreed to a deal with the Boston Celtics, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Amir Johnson's agreement with Boston will pay him $24 million over two years, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Thunder, Kyle Singler Agree To Deal
July 1st at 2:38pm CST by Chuck Myron

The Thunder and Kyle Singler have agreed to a deal worth nearly $25MM over five years, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link).
------------------
More than I thought he would get.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Unfortunately I think they will keep spinning until Nowitzki retires.
Yea, that plan to blow up the team's chances at a repeat and sign these big FA stars a year or two later hasn't worked out.

We're where the Rockets were about 3 or 4 seasons ago when they couldn't convince anyone to sign for them no matter how much they tried. We're gonna have to trade for someone just like said Rockets did in order to attract other FA's.

Top Bottom