NBA Chatter Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
Yea, that plan to blow up the team's chances at a repeat and sign these big FA stars a year or two later hasn't worked out.

We're where the Rockets were about 3 or 4 seasons ago when they couldn't convince anyone to sign for them no matter how much they tried. We're gonna have to trade for someone just like said Rockets did in order to attract other FA's.
Yep. And it sucks because Nowitzki is one of my favorite players ever.

D

Deuce

Yeah they do.

This seems like something Ainge would do, but Boston is just not attractive.
Boston is attractive, they are just trying to be smart with their money. Maybe a little too smart, but that's the plan. Unfortunately, we're in an age when just pretty good players get max deals and Ainge needs to decide on who to drop the coin on.

D

Deuce

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
Free agent forward Amir Johnson has agreed to a deal with the Boston Celtics, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Amir Johnson's agreement with Boston will pay him $24 million over two years, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Ugh, it's like the plan is to play 2 PG and 3 PF's all the time. Get a legit wing scorer, please.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Boston is attractive, they are just trying to be smart with their money. Maybe a little too smart, but that's the plan. Unfortunately, we're in an age when just pretty good players get max deals and Ainge needs to decide on who to drop the coin on.
Boston got nobody of note to even meet with them and Aldridge met with everybody.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Boston got nobody of note to even meet with them and Aldridge met with everybody.
I did not see them even make a play for anyone though...so there was no one for them to meet with. They are just gathering assets and making themselves ready to pull off a trade like the Rockets did in getting Harden.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Mike Bresnahan ✔@Mike_Bresnahan
LaMarcus Aldridge will not be joining the Lakers, The Times has learned. They were a 50-50 choice but he disliked bball part of presentation

Aldridge was floored in a good way by Houston's analytics, on-court projections in their presentation. Not so with the Lakers.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I did not see them even make a play for anyone though...so there was no one for them to meet with. They are just gathering assets and making themselves ready to pull off a trade like the Rockets did in getting Harden.
Do you actually think Boston would not have wanted to be in on Aldridge and Love?

And we know they have been after Love since last year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
More LMA: He and Kobe didn't quite gel. It's a little vague, but Aldridge apparently didn't quite get answers from Kobe he was seeking.

:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
So far, the Spurs most impressed Aldridge, with Houston close behind Waiting on Suns word. Aldridge met with Blazers often, fond of Olshey.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Do you actually think Boston would not have wanted to be in on Aldridge and Love?

And we know they have been after Love since last year.
Why would either want to go there? It makes zero sense to even try. Love was focused on going back to Clev and Aldridge has never been linked to them.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
LaMarcus Aldridge will not be joining the Lakers, The Times has learned. They were a 50-50 choice but he disliked bball part of presentation

Aldridge was floored in a good way by Houston's analytics, on-court projections in their presentation. Not so with the Lakers.
Houston is in on Aldridge? Not that I expect anything.

Jiggyfly

Banned
As @Mike_Bresnahan says, Aldridge felt too much of Lakers presentation focused on outside opportunities; wanted clearer, better b-ball focus

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why would either want to go there? It makes zero sense to even try. Love was focused on going back to Clev and Aldridge has never been linked to them.
Like I said not attractive.

The same can be said for any of the top FA's.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Everyone wants to count out Portland w/ Aldridge -- don't do it yet. Blazers still make a compelling basketball case, still pay most money

Jiggyfly

Banned
Oh Kobe.:lol

Kobe spoke for about three minutes in the presentation, said he envisioned LaMarcus Aldridge working with him the same way Pau Gasol did.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
More LMA: He and Kobe didn't quite gel. It's a little vague, but Aldridge apparently didn't quite get answers from Kobe he was seeking.

:lol
So it's basically the Dwight Howard meeting all over again.

It's not just rumor and gossip, Kobe keeps players away from the Lakers.

D

Deuce

They planned to make a play at Love, but he made the smart move sticking with Lebron. They were interest in Demare Carroll but not as a max player. So now they have a ton of space and 6 1st round picks in the next 3 years to work with. Not a horrible situation as Durant may will be willing to move out of OKC next offseason and return to the Northeast.

D

Deuce

Choose to play with the best player in the world doesn't mean Boston isn't attractive. Them not being in on LMA is a 2 way street. They have a glutton of PF and is wasn't a need. I'm happy not to have big money tied up in either of them.

Carp

DCC 4Life

What other FAs were linked to them? As a Rocket fan you should understand that Ainge is accumulating assets with bigger fish in mind via trade.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They planned to make a play at Love, but he made the smart move sticking with Lebron. They were interest in Demare Carroll but not as a max player. So now they have a ton of space and 6 1st round picks in the next 3 years to work with. Not a horrible situation as Durant may will be willing to move out of OKC next offseason and return to the Northeast.
I am not saying Boston situation is bad just saying they are second tier (right now) of attractive FA destinations.

Top Bottom