Training Camp Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I actually agree with Jiggy on this. Bust on other players on other teams, fine. But you don't shit where you eat. Piss the players off enough, and he'll never get a decent interview again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How can he be iced when he does not cover the Jets.:dunce

But yeah reporters are getting a little ahead of themselves with the jokes, I guess everybody wants to make it on around the horn.

And I am not a get off my lawn guy but this stuff is crossing a line IMO.
He's a reporter, and reporters aren't supposed to be funny and stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
I actually agree with Jiggy on this. Bust on other players on other teams, fine. But you don't shit where you eat. Piss the players off enough, and he'll never get a decent interview again.
It was a joke, and if a grown ass man gets his butt hurt by a joke, well then I suppose there are deeper issues with that player.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
FFS, what MacMahon did was just a funny joke. Now what Carter said earlier about Geno is another story

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
FFS, what MacMahon did was just a funny joke. Now what Carter said earlier about Geno is another story
But, like he should be banned from the locker room and all that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It was a joke, and if a grown ass man gets his butt hurt by a joke, well then I suppose there are deeper issues with that player.
Yeah, I get that it was a joke. And I laughed. Even so, he'd be the last guy I'd grant an interview to in the locker room.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So a reporter basically accusing you of arson is supposed to be cool?

Cotton

Staff member
So a reporter basically accusing you of arson is supposed to be cool?
So, you're insinuating that MacMahon is accusing McClain of starting that fire. That's retarded even for your standards.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Iamtdg, let's say there was a misuse of funds probe going on in your department and somehow your name was attached, how would you feel about a local reporter joking about it and you in the paper and on twitter?

Cotton

Staff member
Iamtdg, let's say there was a misuse of funds probe going on in your department and somehow your name was attached, how would you feel about a local reporter joking about it and you in the paper and on twitter?
If it were months and months later framed as a joke, I would laugh about it. As would about 99% of the rest of grown men if that happened to them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eventually, I would hope we get that desperate.

I think a lot of these vet backs would love to play behind this line. That is a selling point.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah it was funny but funny is not the job of a reporter.

How do you go into that locker room and expect players to tell you anything when you are goofing on them like that.

If you don't understand why this is an issue you don't understand journalism.
It is Twitter

Top Bottom