Poll finds large majority of Native Americans are OK with “Redskins”

townsend

Banned
:shrugIf the real Redskins aren't worked up about the DC Redskins name then why the fuss?
White people who feel righteously indignant for Native Americans trying to score an easy victory. It's funny that a group of people who are trying to fight against a culture of oppression have essentially just cut natives out of the conversation. I guess they think natives don't know what's good for them.

Maybe Snyder could change the name to "pig skins" of course he'd probably only have about 30 years before the vegan lobby started pressuring him to change it again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
White people who feel righteously indignant for Native Americans trying to score an easy victory. It's funny that a group of people who are trying to fight against a culture of oppression have essentially just cut natives out of the conversation. I guess they think natives don't know what's good for them.

Maybe Snyder could change the name to "pig skins" of course he'd probably only have about 30 years before the vegan lobby started pressuring him to change it again.
This thread is based on a survey of native Americans and overwhelmingly they were in a mode of saying they could care less. It's the self appointed righteous indignation group that have no stake in it that raise the most ruckus.

townsend

Banned
This thread is based on a survey of native Americans and overwhelmingly they were in a mode of saying they could care less. It's the self appointed righteous indignation group that have no stake in it that raise the most ruckus.
that's precisely what I was saying.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
White people who feel righteously indignant for trans people trying to score an easy victory.
:unsure

#crossthreadcontaminationinfraction

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think I'll just let that lay where it is.

Top Bottom