Advice About Spanking Your Child(ren)

data

Forbes #1
What's the line when it comes to leaving your kid in a car while you step out to pick something up from a 7-Eleven, McDs, drop off other kid at daycare, etc?

Its 60 degrees, raining, kid asleep in car seat and you go pick up stuff from a store for 10 min. You parked right in front of the store. Still okay if you parked parking lot to the side of the entrance and lose line of sight of car?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What's the line when it comes to leaving your kid in a car while you step out to pick something up from a 7-Eleven, McDs, drop off other kid at daycare, etc?

Its 60 degrees, raining, kid asleep in car seat and you go pick up stuff from a store for 10 min. You parked right in front of the store. Still okay if you parked parking lot to the side of the entrance and lose line of sight of car?
There is no line. You never leave a child in the car.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Is this a serious question?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sheeooot. We got left in the car all the time when I was a kid.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Ayuh, and I got my ass beat one time when I crawled up in the driver's seat and stepped on the gas.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sheeooot. We got left in the car all the time when I was a kid.
Yeah, I actually remember begging my mom to let me stay in the car sometimes when she would go into the store. I get not wanting to leave an infant in a car but society has become so ridiculous with some of this stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I actually remember begging my mom to let me stay in the car sometimes when she would go into the store. I get not wanting to leave an infant in a car but society has become so ridiculous with some of this stuff.
Well, to be accurate, the world was a different place 30 years ago.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, to be accurate, the world was a different place 30 years ago.
That is true. Just like the punishments people talked about earlier in this thread. Stuff that was totally acceptable 30 years ago will get you thrown in jail today.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is true. Just like the punishments people talked about earlier in this thread. Stuff that was totally acceptable 30 years ago will get you thrown in jail today.
Yep, which in my opinion is part of what is wrong with society today. There is no respect for authority any more, and this generation is the most self-entitled generation we may have ever seen.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep, which in my opinion is part of what is wrong with society today. There is no respect for authority any more, and this generation is the most self-entitled generation we may have ever seen.
Yep. They are ready to throw you into jail for practicing what has proven to be some of the most effective methods of teaching discipline and responsibility. No we are not talking about child abuse.

Jiggyfly

Banned
A bit overdramatic ya think?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yep. They are ready to throw you into jail for practicing what has proven to be some of the most effective methods of teaching discipline and responsibility. No we are not talking about child abuse.
I remember when my oldest, 16 at the time, was getting mouthy to his mom when I wasn't around. He did it one time when he didn't realize Ii was in the kitchen very close to him. He walked around the corner to meet dear dad waiting for him. Needless to say he swiftly ended up in a award position on the tile floor with a lump on his head and me on top of him. He decided to leave the house and sleep in the park for 2 nights and ended up telling his high school principal that his dad put his hands on him. The principal ended up telling my son to apologize to me and make things right. Thank God some people are pro-parenting and pro-discipline at this point. I haven't had one of my kids verbally disrespect either of us since. My kids know that if you disrespect mom you will most likely get your ass kicked. I don't care what the police think or what society thinks.

BTW, my son is 24 now and everyone has a good laugh when this story comes up.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I remember when my oldest, 16 at the time, was getting mouthy to his mom when I wasn't around. He did it one time when he didn't realize Ii was in the kitchen very close to him. He walked around the corner to meet dear dad waiting for him. Needless to say he swiftly ended up in a award position on the tile floor with a lump on his head and me on top of him. He decided to leave the house and sleep in the park for 2 nights and ended up telling his high school principal that his dad put his hands on him. The principal ended up telling my son to apologize to me and make things right. Thank God some people are pro-parenting and pro-discipline at this point. I haven't had one of my kids verbally disrespect either of us since. My kids know that if you disrespect mom you will most likely get your ass kicked. I don't care what the police think or what society thinks.

BTW, my son is 24 now and everyone has a good laugh when this story comes up.
While I understand that there are children who are physically abused by their parents, the schools should take an informative position initially before rushing to the authorities. I believe their first responsibility is to inform and at least allow the parents to have a disclosure of the incident and what their followup will be for the child. The school should never circumvent the parental right by taking the matter into their own hands especially on a first incident circumstance. By the way I am glad your experience turned out positive.

Top Bottom