NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I flip flop on my pick for Philly...I have ruled out Winslow unless we trade down. I am focused on Mudiay as much as I am Russell. Lots of rumors that Philly is trying to get back into the first. I am looking at Vaughn, Looney, and Hollis-Jefferson.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Oh...BTW...Ainge offered Smart and the 16/18 picks for Noel and the 3rd pick.

:lol

D

Deuce

Oh...BTW...Ainge offered Smart and the 16/18 picks for Noel and the 3rd pick.

:lol
I like Smart a lot and would hate to see him go, but that's an easy move if Philly is willing. Russell is just as good. Let's see how dumb Hinkie is.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like Smart a lot and would hate to see him go, but that's an easy move if Philly is willing. Russell is just as good. Let's see how dumb Hinkie is.
Philly shot that down immediately.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pacers, Heat Interested In Monta Ellis

June 24th at 10:15am CST by Chuck Myron

The Pacers and Heat are interested in signing Monta Ellis, who’s opting out of his contract with the Mavs to become a free agent, a source tells Chris Broussard of ESPN.com (Twitter link). Interest from both would presumably hinge on other option decisions. The Heat would be unlikely to have the cap space necessary to chase Ellis if Dwyane Wade opts in to his $16.125MM salary for next season or if the sides work out a new deal. The same is the case with the Pacers and both Roy Hibbert and David West, who also hold player options.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's amazing how much better this draft is turning out to be than last year.

Especially considering how much hype that one had when the college Bball season started.

Wiggins could conceivably have been taken 4th this year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's amazing how much better this draft is turning out to be than last year.

Especially considering how much hype that one had when the college Bball season started.

Wiggins could conceivably have been taken 4th this year.
Wiggins would still go #1 IMO. At the very least he would go 2nd.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wiggins would still go #1 IMO. At the very least he would go 2nd.
Possibly, but he was no lock to go before Parker last year and that same debate could be had for Towns and him if he was in this years draft.

I think he would go 2nd at least but there would be legitimate debate between him, Russell and Okafor.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
Portland is finalizing a trade to send Nic Batum to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and Gerald Henderson, league sources tell Yahoo.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...W&sf10266043=1

Indiana Pacers forward David West will not exercise the player option in his contract and will become a free agent July 1, the Indianapolis Star reported Wednesday, citing a source.

West, an 11-year veteran, had a $12.6 million option in his contract for the 2015-16 season.

The bruising forward averaged 11.7 points and 6.8 rebounds per game for the Pacers last season.

West's per-game scoring was its lowest since his second season in the league, but he helped Indiana field a successful second unit.

Pacers center Roy Hibbert is expected to take until Monday to decide whether to pick up his player option.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
Portland is finalizing a trade to send Nic Batum to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and Gerald Henderson, league sources tell Yahoo.
Portland is probably trying to clear some cap room to re-sign Aldridge.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If Devon Booker slides and OKC picks him..... :hawfap

But the more likely scenario is OKC taking Cameron Payne.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There is a lot of talk that Philly loves Mudiay even over Russell,

Carp?
A few days ago Philly supposedly loved Porzingas. A lot of smoke comes out this close to the draft. I can see it, though, considering mudiay is a much better defender. They probably feel like they can work on his shooting.

I prefer Russell, but I like both a lot. I could see a scenario where a trade down to 5 and drafting mudiay makes a lot of sense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think I prefer Russell over everybody except Towns, I'd have a pretty good laugh if they took Mudiay over him, even though he's a decent prospect in his own right.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There's been a lot of speculation overall but I bet the top 3 winds up going chalk - Towns/Okafor/Russell.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There is a lot of talk that Philly loves Mudiay even over Russell,

Carp?
They seem set on Russell...Hinkie likes to send out mixed signals...a couple days ago it was Porzingas.

Top Bottom