2016 Mock Drafts

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I just don't get excited by Thomas Davis or even Derrick Brooks comparisons. Brooks was a really good player for a long time but 4-3 weak side linebackers.... Eh.... At fourth overall? I guess I can't complain about Brooks, the guy was a 9 time all pro.

I dunno. When I think top 5 linebacker I think Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher. I know Simp mentioned Urlacher but I haven't seen that comparison for Jack elsewhere.

Maybe Jack as Thomas Davis is one of the best 5 players you are gonna get out of this draft but if so its a little disappointing.
Yea, I mean I've been saying since about November that the weakness at the top of the draft makes me that much more willing to just gamble at QB with a top 5 pick due to the importance of the position. Of the non-QB's Jack is up there in terms of where I'd want us to go but the clear decision to me is QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dunno. When I think top 5 linebacker I think Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher. I know Simp mentioned Urlacher but I haven't seen that comparison for Jack elsewhere.
He is a crazy athlete but he is no Urlacher. Urlacher was a 6'4" 255lb LBer who played safety in college. Jack is an awesome athlete but he doesn't have that type of size and length. He also doesn't have those types of instincts.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, if the fourth overall pick was a normal elite type of player - Charles Woodson, Justin Smith, AJ Green -- then maybe you shy away from reaching on a QB.

But if you are telling me I'm getting Thomas Davis, no thanks, I'll roll the dice on the QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, if the fourth overall pick was a normal elite type of player - Charles Woodson, Justin Smith, AJ Green -- then maybe you shy away from reaching on a QB.

But if you are telling me I'm getting Thomas Davis, no thanks, I'll roll the dice on the QB.
Well to me it's easy. Goff or Wentz. Wentz is a rare physical talent and Goff is an extremely polished passer with an excellent arm. To me either guy has the potential to be an elite NFL QB and it's worth the 4th pick in the draft. There isn't anyone I can see that will be a slam dunk major boost to the team as a rookie such that it makes the difference between us winning or not winning the superbowl.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, I just don't get excited by Thomas Davis or even Derrick Brooks comparisons. Brooks was a really good player for a long time but 4-3 weak side linebackers.... Eh.... At fourth overall? I guess I can't complain about Brooks, the guy was a 9 time all pro.

Maybe Jack as Thomas Davis is one of the best 5 players you are gonna get out of this draft but if so its a little disappointing.
This is a dissapointing draft all around and IMO to maximize it a trade down is the way to go.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well to me it's easy. Goff or Wentz. Wentz is a rare physical talent and Goff is an extremely polished passer with an excellent arm. To me either guy has the potential to be an elite NFL QB and it's worth the 4th pick in the draft. There isn't anyone I can see that will be a slam dunk major boost to the team as a rookie such that it makes the difference between us winning or not winning the superbowl.
How is Wentz a rare physical talent when Lynch has all of the same physical attributes?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is Wentz a rare physical talent when Lynch has all of the same physical attributes?
Lynch doesn't, that's why. Have you seen the release of either guy? It's not even comparable. And keep in mind I still really like Lynch. But his delivery is far from compact and quick.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Lynch doesn't, that's why. Have you seen the release of either guy? It's not even comparable. And keep in mind I still really like Lynch. But his delivery is far from compact and quick.
You said physical attributes that is more of a skill.

stubbie

Not So New Member
SI 2 Round Mock

SI 2 Round Mock

Myles Jack
LB, UCLA

I’m still having a hard time believing the Cowboys will use this pick on a QB. Doing so almost would close the Tony Romo window—a backup quarterback isn’t getting them over the top. Jack won’t on his own, either, but his rangy, athletic game would make the Dallas defense much more formidable.

Derrick Henry
RB, Alabama

You like?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Myles Jack
LB, UCLA

I’m still having a hard time believing the Cowboys will use this pick on a QB. Doing so almost would close the Tony Romo window—a backup quarterback isn’t getting them over the top. Jack won’t on his own, either, but his rangy, athletic game would make the Dallas defense much more formidable.

Derrick Henry
RB, Alabama

You like?
It really depends on what was on the board when we took Henry at 34.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Myles Jack
LB, UCLA

Derrick Henry
RB, Alabama

You like?
Nope, Jack just isn't fourth pick in the drafy good.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be ok with Jack/Henry, definitely not thrilled, but not suicidal either like if we draft Ramsey and Driskell or Hunter Henry or some shit in the 2nd.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Every highlight I've seen of Derrick Henry he isn't getting touched until 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. In that case too it's normally just an arm tackle or diving at his legs. Just not enough broken tackles for my liking. I don't want him even in the third honestly.

With that being said, he's going to be a 6 time All Pro. My draft analysis is piss poor at best

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be ok with Jack/Henry, definitely not thrilled, but not suicidal either like if we draft Ramsey and Driskell or Hunter Henry or some shit in the 2nd.
Henry in the second doesn't bother me. He is a workhorse. As long as he isn't a lazy turd like some past Alabama RBs he should be excellent behind our O-line.

To me it isn't ideal but I'm cool with him. I have a hard time with Jack at 4 though. I like some of the guys skills but I just don't see the position and ability he brings being worthy of the fourth pick in the draft. I'd be all about him in the 10-15 range though. I am to the point though where I either want a QB at 4 or I want out of that pick. It's really that simple for me. So I guess anyone at four who isn't a QB will probably make me feel shitty about the pick.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'd be OK but underwhelmed with Jack/D. Henry.

But I'm fully expecting Ramsey in the first and a QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
  • Mock draft 2.0: 49ers land Goff

By Daniel Jeremiah |
    NFL Media analyst

PICK NO.

1​

LAREMY TUNSIL
    OT
    MISSISSIPPI

The Titans could really use an impact defensive player, but protecting Marcus Mariota is No. 1 on the to-do list.

• PICK NO.
    2​

CARSON WENTZ
    QB
    NORTH DAKOTA ST.

The Browns have no choice but to address the QB position and Wentz is built to play in the AFC North.

• PICK NO.
    3​

JALEN RAMSEY
    CB
    FLORIDA ST.

The Chargers could look at the DL with this choice, but Ramsey would be an outstanding replacement for Eric Weddle.

• PICK NO.
    4​

MYLES JACK
    OLB
    UCLA

The Cowboys are in a great spot to draft Tony Romo's successor, but they could opt to load up and make a championship run in 2016.

• PICK NO.
    5​

JOEY BOSA
    DE
    OHIO ST.

The Jaguars need to address the defense and Bosa could team up with last year's top pick, Dante Fowler Jr., to produce a dynamic pass rush.

• PICK NO.
    6​

DEFOREST BUCKNER
    DE
    OREGON

The Ravens usually stick to their draft board and take the best player available. Buckner has a high ceiling and a high floor.

• PICK NO.
    7​

JARED GOFF
    QB
    CALIFORNIA

There's a lot of buzz about the 49ers' growing faith in Blaine Gabbert, but it would take considerable courage to bypass a talented signal-caller in your own backyard.

• PICK NO.
    8​

JAYLON SMITH
    OLB
    NOTRE DAME

Even if Smith has to miss a portion of the the 2016 campaign, he's worthy of a top-10 selection.

• PICK NO.
    9​

VERNON HARGREAVES
    CB
    FLORIDA

The Bucs need to add a playmaker to the back end, and Hargreaves has very good ball skills.

• PICK NO.
    10​

NOAH SPENCE
    DE
    EASTERN KENTUCKY

Spence comes with some baggage, but he's a very gifted edge rusher and he would provide a much-needed lift to the Giants' defensive front.

• PICK NO.
    11​

DARRON LEE
    OLB
    OHIO ST.

The Bears need to add some speed and athleticism to the linebacker spot and Lee is supremely explosive.

• PICK NO.
    12​

SHELDON RANKINS
    DT
    LOUISVILLE

Rankins was dominant at the Senior Bowl and he would provide the Saints with a very disruptive interior presence.

• PICK NO.
    13​

VERNON BUTLER
    DT
    LOUISIANA TECH

The buzz on Butler is building following an outstanding week at the Senior Bowl.

• PICK NO.
    14​

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
    RB
    OHIO ST.

Oakland has a solid young running back in Latavius Murray, but Elliot is an elite talent and too good to pass up.

• PICK NO.
    15​

PAXTON LYNCH
    QB
    MEMPHIS

Lynch would fit nicely alongside a very young offensive nucleus in Los Angeles.

• PICK NO.
    16​

RONNIE STANLEY
    OT
    NOTRE DAME

The Lions have some good young pieces on the offensive line and Stanley would be a nice upgrade at left tackle.

• PICK NO.
    17​

LEONARD FLOYD
    OLB
    GEORGIA

I'd love to see Floyd and Vic Beasley rushing from opposite sides. That would be some serious speed coming off the edge.

• PICK NO.
    18​

JACK CONKLIN
    OT
    MICHIGAN ST.

Conklin isn't flashy, but he's very reliable, tough and instinctive.

• PICK NO.
    19​

LAQUON TREADWELL
    WR
    MISSISSIPPI

Treadwell would be a perfect complement to Sammy Watkins.

• PICK NO.
    20​

REGGIE RAGLAND
    ILB
    ALABAMA

Ragland would put up monster numbers playing behind the Jets' talented defensive line.

• PICK NO.
    21​

ROBERT NKEMDICHE
    DT
    MISSISSIPPI

The Redskins continue to build through the trenches and secure one of the most talented defenders in the draft.

• PICK NO.
    22​

TAYLOR DECKER
    OT
    OHIO ST.

The Texans could look at a WR here, but Decker is a plug-and-play starter at tackle.

• PICK NO.
    23​

COREY COLEMAN
    WR
    BAYLOR

Coleman would team up with Stefon Diggs to provide Teddy Bridgewater with two young and explosive playmakers.

• PICK NO.
    24​

VONN BELL
    FS
    OHIO ST.

Bell lacks ideal size, but he's very instinctive and he gets his hands on a lot of footballs.

• PICK NO.
    25​

MACKENSIE ALEXANDER
    CB
    CLEMSON

The Steelers need to add some youth to the back end and Alexander is very polished and physical.

• PICK NO.
    26​

A'SHAWN ROBINSON
    DT
    ALABAMA

The Seahawks could take some hits in free agency at the position and Robinson has enormous upside.

• PICK NO.
    27​

KEVIN DODD
    DE
    CLEMSON

The Packers need to get younger and more athletic off the edge. Dodd is just scratching the surface of his potential.

• PICK NO.
    28​

JARRAN REED
    DT
    ALABAMA

Reed can dominate against the run and he has some upside as a pass rusher.

• PICK NO.
    29​

KAMALEI CORREA
    DE
    BOISE ST.

Correa has a great get-off, plenty of production and an unrelenting motor.

• PICK NO.
    30​

ELI APPLE
    CB
    OHIO ST.

Apple has great size and he would fit well into the scheme in Carolina.

• PICK NO.
    31​

ANDREW BILLINGS
    NT
    BAYLOR

The Broncos could take a hit at the DT position in free agency and Billings is ready to play right away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Passing on Goff for Jack would anger me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I see no way in hell Goff falls to 7.
Why? Its not probable but it's possible. It's not guaranteed that we are taking a QB. Jacksonville isn't. Baltimore just extended Flacco.

Top Bottom