Cedric Thornton Signed

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow, I didn't think they would get it done. Excellent.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
He is definitely playing 1-T.

So yes.

And that is wonderful.
He can play on the edge, too. He has surprising speed for his size.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Like I said, he has decent edge speed as well as the size to play inside.

Cotton

Staff member

Sturm will be doing a profile on him. Looking forward to it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Marinelli's done more with less.
That is part of his effing problem. He thinks he can coach up singular traits.

It is one reason he had Chris Conte as a safety in Chicago and Nick Hayden as a nose in Dallas.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this means no more Hayden then I consider this a big win. I still want to draft a DT but this at least guarantees we are better at one spot on the defensive line.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Big big downside to the signing.

We will now decide we are good on the interior DL with one of the most talent rich drafts in ages at the position coming up.

Cotton

Staff member

We will now decide we are good on the interior DL with one of the most talent rich drafts in ages at the position coming up.
Hopefully not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Solid signing. A little more than what guys like Rubin and Mebane got but he's younger and has more explosiveness to him. Cheaper than Ian Williams too, very glad to have a legit run stuffed with size and a little twitch on the interior.

I highly doubt this impacts our draft plans at all, we may pass up a guy like Kenny Clark for a similarly rated CB like William Jackson but if a guy like Billings is there I bet we look at him real hard.

townsend

Banned

Not necessarily, we love overkill. We don't draft a outside linebacker, we draft 4 in top rounds in 3 years. We pick three offensive linemen in the 1st in 4 years. We sign a CB with a huge FA contract and then pick Claiborne in the same offseason, even though we still had Scandrick and Jenkins.

It really just depends on whether we decide to focus on it. Which kind of offseason we decide to have. Whether we're drafting for need, or BPA. There's no way of telling, since there's no governing philosophy behind this team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love the signing. I'd like for us to get a corner or two in free agency now (after cutting Carr) and then just get ready for the draft. Take a RB in the third/fourth round and a QB in the first and I'd be thrilled with this offseason.

Cotton

Staff member

townsend

Banned
Love the signing. I'd like for us to get a corner or two in free agency now (after cutting Carr) and then just get ready for the draft. Take a RB in the third/fourth round and a QB in the first and I'd be thrilled with this offseason.
Help at LBer and another dlineman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Call it good.

Top Bottom