NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
There definitely is a problem having your young bigs manning the 4-5 spot and not addressing the glaring holes at SG and SF. It leads to more losing, at least 2-3 more years...when Embiid and Noel start getting close to having their rookie contracts up.

As far as the cap space to add a player...that is not what you said initially...you said that you would use the glut of young talent to go get established talent. So which is it?
The question remains are the wings in this draft at the talent level of Okafor, I don't think so and the most experts agree.

I was saying trade for established talent down the line when you have figured out the abilities of your young bigs, you are the one saying do it now by trading down, which is not needed because they have cap space.

That's which one it is.

Philly is already planning on losing for the next 2 years unless Embid or whoever they pick this year turns into a top 10 talent even then this year is still lottery bound.

My initial point still remains Philly is looking for a franchise guy they are not in roster building mode so they will look for elite talent as opposed to drafting fits for the roster.

It's really funny that you think there is not a lot of losing still being thought of from Philly management.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Props to Steve Kerr for doing what Scott Brooks failed to do in 2012.....ditching the ineffective big man and going with a smaller more athletic lineup.

It'll be interesting to see if Cleveland has a counter to the Warriors adjustments.

Honestly with their personnel I don't think they have much flexibility. I think it just comes down to their guards hitting their open shots. Delly, JR, and Shumpert have to knock down all those open looks they're getting.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just saw on NBA.com that Embiid suffered a setback in his recovery.

I didn't realize foot injuries were this tricky until having to watch Durant labor through his injury last season.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I didn't realize foot injuries were this tricky until having to watch Durant labor through his injury last season.
Think foot problems shortened Yao Ming's career.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

It's the exact reason why they should draft Okafor if he's on the board.

Genghis Khan

Think foot problems shortened Yao Ming's career.
I believe it's the exact same foot injury even.

Fortunately the Sixers are in a position where they can remain patient with it, and hopefully that helps.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Big Z is the only one that really bounced back from this type of injury and it took him several years.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This does kind of change things...I will support the selection of Towns or Okafor now. Just fucking sucks...first Bynum, now this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seeing lots of stuff about Hinkie falling in love with Porzingis.

Genghis Khan

Seeing lots of stuff about Hinkie falling in love with Porzingis.
I have to admit I'm intrigued, but the 3rd pick seems high for him considering there will be a high ceiling, less risky player still on the board.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have to admit I'm intrigued, but the 3rd pick seems high for him considering there will be a high ceiling, less risky player still on the board.
I agree but Saric seems like a guy with similar traits, although if he is their highest rated player, then take him.

Genghis Khan

I agree but Saric seems like a guy with similar traits, although if he is their highest rated player, then take him.
I was thinking the same thing with Saric, I don't know if their games would mesh. But if Saric's upside is Tony Kucoc and Porzingas's upside is Dirk...you either have to see if it works or you move the lesser player.

Of course the concern is that Porzingas is Darko. I trust Hinke though, so if he's in love with the guy, I'm buying in til proven otherwise.

D

Deuce

I was thinking the same thing with Saric, I don't know if their games would mesh. But if Saric's upside is Tony Kucoc and Porzingas's upside is Dirk...you either have to see if it works or you move the lesser player.

Of course the concern is that Porzingas is Darko. I trust Hinke though, so if he's in love with the guy, I'm buying in til proven otherwise.
Hopefully he is Darko and the Lakers take him. I love watching them flounder.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He looks like a more athletic Dirk.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Dakari Johnson does not get a ton of press, but he is a player I could see being a steal for someone in the 2nd round.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The more I watch videos of Porzingas, the bigger my boner gets.

Top Bottom