Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So I'd like to see a veteran QA signed early in FA to choose from best available.

Then if we draft a QB, they all compete. If the veteran can't beat the draftee, we cut the veteran. If the veteran beats the draftee, we cut Moore.

This way if they don't draft anyone we're not left with Moore and the dregs of FA/chopping blocks like last year.

Cassell is a FA who hopefully ends up in Washington, Philadelphia, SF, Pittsburgh, or New York.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Adam Schefter: I think RG3 is gonna be in play for Cowboys

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter joined Cowlishaw and Mosley on KESN-FM 103.3. Here are some highlights.

Do you think the Cowboys are truly open to taking a quarterback at 4?

Adam Schefter: Yeah. I think they're open at four, certainly. You're gonna take the best player. But I also think that they're open to enticing teams that want a quarterback behind them to come up. Stockpile more picks, give them more flexibility. It's a situation where they're just trying to maximize their position, like any team should be. You could say you're interested in a quarterback at four, and maybe you are. And if you're not, maybe you're scaring the 49ers to try to trade up to your spot. You get more picks, you move back and you still get some defensive help at that particular spot. There's a lot of options in play. If the Cowboys stay where they are, they'll probably have a chance to take the second-best quarterback in this draft off the board if that's what they decide to do.

Do you see them as a team that can get right back to where they were in 2014?

Adam Schefter: They're gonna make some moves here. Let's just say you sign RG3 during the offseason, you solidify the quarterback position. You decide to go defense; you get a running back in there. Very quickly you think your team is back to what it was, not this past year, but the year before. I think RG3 is gonna be in play for the Dallas Cowboys. So that would be one quarterback option that might make it easier for you to pass on a quarterback this year. But the bottom line is if there's a quarterback they love, it's hard to pass up solidifying the next 12 years of your franchise by doing that.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I think some team with a need at starter takes a chance on RG3. I don;t think we sign him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Redskins are releasing RGIII today. :skurred

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They also released Jason Hatcher. Might need more bodies on the DL.

Cotton

Staff member

We can hope.

Cotton

Staff member

Do eet.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'd rather draft a top QB and sign someone like Fitzgerald, Chase Daniel or Colt McCoy than deal with the drama of Manziel/RGIII. Not to mention JJ probably thinking one of them could be a borderline starter and then opt to pass on a top QB in the draft.
Well Daniels and McCoy are both off the market now. At least we did have them high on our list over the drama queens.

Cotton

Staff member
Manziel officially released. Hold your breath.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manziel officially released. Hold your breath.
Funny, the Browns were trying to float rumors that teams had contacted them about Manziel. Apparently those teams didn't even think about offering a conditional seventh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Funny, the Browns were trying to float rumors that teams had contacted them about Manziel. Apparently those teams didn't even think about offering a conditional seventh.
It will tell all when he passes through waivers unclaimed. He would carry a cap hit of about 1.5M if claimed.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Source: Cowboys have no interest in QB Johnny Manziel

Source: Cowboys have no interest in QB Johnny Manziel

The Cowboys have no intention of bringing Johnny Manziel in for a visit or signing him now that he's been released by Cleveland, a source said.

Owner Jerry Jones' fascination with the former Heisman Trophy quarterback is well-documented. Manziel himself has reportedly told associates that once he was cut by the Browns -- Friday's move has been expected for weeks -- he believed the Cowboys would express strong interest.

That won't happen. Manziel's downward spiral and a domestic assault case that currently sits before the grand jury can't be ignored by Dallas or any other team. A source said the Cowboys won't pursue Manziel and doesn't foresee the club having any serious discussions about him, "until he gets his life back in order.''

Dallas police investigated a complaint that Manziel allegedly assaulted his ex-girlfriend, Colleen Crowley, during an argument in January. The case has been submitted to a grand jury to determine if there is enough evidence to press charges on a Class A misdemeanor assault, which carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Manziel also remains under investigation for a possible violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Paul Manziel spoke publicly about trying unsuccessfully to check his son into area treatment centers, telling the Dallas Morning News in February, "I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday.''

The Cowboys owned the 16th pick in the first round of the 2014 draft. Jones wanted to take Manziel. On the morning of the draft, Jones agreed that if any of the defensive players the club had an interest in were on the board -- linebacker Anthony Barr, defensive tackle Aaron Donald or linebacker Ryan Shazier -- the club should select them over Manziel.

All three players were gone. Guard Zack Martin was the top-rated player on the Cowboys board when it came time to pick.

Executive vice president Stephen Jones, head coach Jason Garrett, offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and Will McClay, the team's senior director of college/pro personnel, all spoke in favor of Martin. The owner relented and Martin was the pick.

Cleveland selected Manziel six picks later.

Even though Martin has been selected to two Pro Bowls since that day, Jerry Jones has admitted publicly that part of him really wanted to take Manziel. The Cowboys have a chance to do that now.

They won't take it.

Still a chance?

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
The owner relented and Martin was the pick.
Annnnnd.... Jerry told them this was a "8-8 type pick."

Jerruh is stupid, therefore Manziel WILL be wearing the star come this summer.

Top Bottom