Combine Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bosa is definitely a meathead and maybe a little slow on the uptake, not that it makes a difference for a DE.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
So we get Bosa at 4, Paxton drops and we get him at 34 aaaaaaand...

We have the all Guido looking team!!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, the Dazed and Confused nose pinch thing he did like 4 times during the interview was pretty entertaining. [MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION]

He just came off like an asshole who didn't even want to be there. Like I said, the whole thing was super uncomfortable to watch. I'm not asking for a super smart DE but I at least want a guy who will be a leader and be able to get guys to follow him. This guy comes off like a lone wolf prick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah sounds like the corners are putting on a much better shows then the WRs for example.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I expected Ramsey to run a sub-4.4, the fact that he didn't get into the 4.3's makes me want him even less than I did previously, if that's even possible. Sure, his numbers are definitely impressive, and he's a legitimate top 10 prospect, but it's not enough to convince me to take a guy with his lack of collegiate production.

For a reference, Patrick Peterson was about 10 lbs heavier and ran faster at a 4.38, not to mention the fact that he had significantly better collegiate production.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I expected Ramsey to run a sub-4.4, the fact that he didn't get into the 4.3's makes me want him even less than I did previously, if that's even possible. Sure, his numbers are definitely impressive, and he's a legitimate top 10 prospect, but it's not enough to convince me to take a guy with his lack of collegiate production.

For a reference, Patrick Peterson was about 10 lbs heavier and ran faster at a 4.38, not to mention the fact that he had significantly better collegiate production.
What did he end up running? I've been stuck doing some real work and haven't been able to watch today.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Bosa's talking is what bothers me. I don't want him now. Total prick.
I don't understand what about that interview that set everybody off.

He was not disrespectful he just seemed kind of tired and a little disappointed.

Like he was just decompressing from the intensity of the combine.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jalen Ramsey: 6-1, 209, 4.42 40, 11-3 broad jump, 41.5 vertical, 15.5 TFL, 5 sacks, 3 INT's, 4 FF's, 22 PD's over 41 games. Experience playing both CB and safety, not sure what NFL position will be.
Byron Jones: 6-1, 199, 4.43 40, 12-3 broad jump, 44.5 vertical, 4 TFL, 0 sacks, 7 INT's, 0 FF's, 16 PD's over 43 games. Experience playing both CB and safety, not sure what NFL position will be.

Somebody want to explain why we should draft a guy at 4 who is basically a carbon copy of the guy we just drafted at 27 last year?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't want Ramsey at 4. It's too bad Jones and Ramsey don't play the exact same position because that would probably rule him out. But since they are both interchangeable at CB/S I can see us drafting Ramsey and putting one at CB and the other at S.

But Ramsey's production and numbers just don't matchup to being a top 5 pick imo. And I think we can easily find a starting CB or S on day two without having to use a top 5 pick on one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Also, the Dazed and Confused nose pinch thing he did like 4 times during the interview was pretty entertaining. [MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION]

Brian Bosworth part Deaux?

dallen

Senior Tech
You guys are nuts, he was clearly just tired and disappointed. They even brought it up in the interview

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jalen Ramsey: 6-1, 209, 4.42 40, 11-3 broad jump, 41.5 vertical, 15.5 TFL, 5 sacks, 3 INT's, 4 FF's, 22 PD's over 41 games. Experience playing both CB and safety, not sure what NFL position will be.
Byron Jones: 6-1, 199, 4.43 40, 12-3 broad jump, 44.5 vertical, 4 TFL, 0 sacks, 7 INT's, 0 FF's, 16 PD's over 43 games. Experience playing both CB and safety, not sure what NFL position will be.

Somebody want to explain why we should draft a guy at 4 who is basically a carbon copy of the guy we just drafted at 27 last year?
Interchangeable freak DBs. Nobody would ever expect that!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Because Byron Jones was a steal?

Honestly who knows. My guess is if Byron Jones had played at Florida State and been a 5* recruit he would have been a high first rounder. Players at big time programs always seem to go higher then players at smaller programs of the same ability.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Because Byron Jones was a steal?

Honestly who knows. My guess is if Byron Jones had played at Florida State and been a 5* recruit he would have been a high first rounder. Players at big time programs always seem to go higher then players at smaller programs of the same ability.
While I do agree that some players get overdrafted because they are from winning programs and didnt do dick in college, we do have a player going top 10 who is from North Dakota friggin State

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
While I do agree that some players get overdrafted because they are from winning programs and didnt do dick in college, we do have a player going top 10 who is from North Dakota friggin State
:lol

Certainly wasn't trying to imply that all small school kids get screwed. I just think they tend to have earned their position more often then not. When you see a guy like Wentz going in the top 5 picks you have to figure he really earned it to be there. And I'm not trying to poo poo all big school players either. After all teams like Ohio State and Alabama continually get the best high school players. So there is a reason why they would likely have some of the top players in the draft.

Top Bottom