NFL hires longtime television executive as chief content officer

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=2]NFL hires longtime television executive as chief content officer[/h] Posted by Darin Gantt on June 15, 2015, 5:33 AM EDT

The NFL has hired a longtime television executive to punch up its flagging network.

Let’s just hope it’s more “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” than “Dawson’s Creek.”

According to the Wall Street Journal, the league has hired industry veteran Jordan Levin as its first chief content officer.

He’ll be responsible for developing content for the NFL Network, the league’s online platform and other properties, and will also oversee the Super Bowl halftime show.

Levin most recently worked at Xbox Studios, but Microsoft shut that division down five months later as part of widespread layoffs. He was former CEO of the WB Network, where he put the “Gilmore Girls” on TV on a regular basis.

“We have a deep bench of sports producers. We’re trying to supplement that with people who can think broader about content,” NFL executive vice president Brian Rolapp said.

Rolapp also said Levin will be given the chance develop new content including game shows and potentially scripted shows.

Maybe that’s what they’re going to do to replace “NFL AM,” which is on hiatus for the summer. Either that, or they’re going to come up with their own version of Playmakers. With perhaps a softer edge to the music.
---------------

Good lord.

"Scripted shows"? What the eff.

Thousands of historical games, good games that I am sure people would watch especially during the offseason and they hire this schlub from a crap network to promote "scripted" programs.

Unbelievable.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have no idea why the NFL doesn't roll out all those old games even in abbreviated format.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, I'd love to watch an old Vikes-Cowboys game from the 70s or something like that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Never thought I'd ever say this, but there's a good chance in ten years I won't give the slightest fuck about this mismanaged league.

data

Forbes #1
I miss those 90s QB Skills Challenge competitions.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
If you have AppleTV, the NFL app on there has tons of those classic games.

Top Bottom