2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Most yards after contact in college football last year, but the problem is he gets hit too much. He is a guy that takes a little time to get moving but is a load to bring down once he does. A true power back that I could see having success for a few years in this league before he burns out.
story of 80% of running backs. Thats why they rarely get drafted early anymore except if you find an Adrian Peterson type.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
People keep saying Frederick is a third round pick, or at least a borderline 2nd/3rd.

I don't agree. I wouldn't have placed him as a borderline 1st/2nd, so he wasn't a guy I expected to go in the first 5 picks of the 2nd round (like those borderline types do), but at the same time he was every bit a solid, second round type. I think Max Unger is a great comparison in terms of value. No one had Unger as a first round pick, ever, but we would have been about as thrilled as can be with him in the second.

I think he's capable of being that caliber of player. If he turns out, no one will complain about him being taken 31st.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bernadeau is going to be our back up for all 3 spots in the middle...which I am ok with.

Terron Armstead...I know booze would poop his pleated khaki's, but what if he is a consideration at 47?
I'd warm up to it. Don't think he's as bad as Booze thinks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
People keep saying Frederick is a third round pick, or at least a borderline 2nd/3rd.

I don't agree. I wouldn't have placed him as a borderline 1st/2nd, so he wasn't a guy I expected to go in the first 5 picks of the 2nd round (like those borderline types do), but at the same time he was every bit a solid, second round type. I think Max Unger is a great comparison in terms of value. No one had Unger as a first round pick, ever, but we would have been about as thrilled as can be with him in the second.

I think he's capable of being that caliber of player. If he turns out, no one will complain about him being taken 31st.
Agreed.

If we had taken, say, Elam, Cyprien or even Sylvester Williams at 31 if he had fell to that spot, Frederick would have been my very top choice for 47. Therefore, I don't give a flying F what all these literally AWKWARD and BORING assholes in the media think about us making the pick 16 spots beforehand.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 11m
“@brixxmcrae: If the Boys target a RB who do you think it will be?” ... OSU's Joseph Randle.

Cotton

Staff member
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 48m
#cowboys personnel dept (headed by coach) didn't 'adjust' #Cowboys board on Floyd. Which means Joneses did.

Armen Williams ‏@ArmenWilliams 58m
Sources confirm that Garrett appeared so upset last night at 18 because he wanted Sharrif Floyd. Overruled by Jerry & Stephen.

Cotton

Staff member
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1h
The Lions are actively shopping the 36th overall pick. Perhaps someone wants a QB there. Time will tell

Cotton

Staff member
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

D

Deuce

Agreed.

If we had taken, say, Elam, Cyprien or even Sylvester Williams at 31 if he had fell to that spot, Frederick would have been my very top choice for 47. Therefore, I don't give a flying F what all these literally AWKWARD and BORING assholes in the media think about us making the pick 16 spots beforehand.
You're my boy, blue.

D

Deuce

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1h
The Lions are actively shopping the 36th overall pick. Perhaps someone wants a QB there. Time will tell
I hope the Jets go crazy and get Geno to start a QB run. I'd love to see him, Barkley and Nassib all gone by our pick. Just push the real talent down, boys.

Cotton

Staff member
I hope the Jets go crazy and get Geno to start a QB run. I'd love to see him, Barkley and Nassib all gone by our pick. Just push the real talent down, boys.
The Jets are already inquiring about moving up, so I can easily see it happening.

Cotton

Staff member
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Based on everything I've heard to this point, I expect the Jags to take CB Johnthan Banks with 33rd pick if they dont trade out

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I view him as a strong second round pick. Clearly the top center in the draft in my opinion. People get too caught up in their draft guides that they purchased at Walmart. It's ok to form your own opinion on a player. I have always been very high on Frederick and very low on Floyd for example, so I am very happy right now. Has nothing to do with being a draft homer. In fact most people on this message board liked Frederick a lot as a potential pick before the draft. Even if none of us thought he was going to be our top pick.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
For me-- it all comes down to whether we hit on #74. If we do-- then we got two solid players as opposed to drafting Floyd or Reid (win in my view). I understand the hand-wringing about "only" getting a 3rd-- but IMO Frederick is a solid pick, and a high character guy. With the run on OL in the 1st-- there's no guarantee he's there at 47.

We took him 10-15 spots too early, but we addressed a huge need in the middle of the OL-- and gave us a chance at getting another very good players at #74. Not the best draft move...but definitely not the worst either.

Cotton

Staff member
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 17m
At this point, I'd bet Cyprien, Banks, Ertz and Geno are gone quickly tonight. Lacy makes sense for the Bengals at 37 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom