A Letter From JaMarcus Russell to Jerry Jones

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Read JaMarcus Russell's letter to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones; former QB says 'I'd play for free'

By SportsDayDFW.com

It's been a while since the name JaMarcus Russell has been heard around the NFL, and he's apparently been trying to get a foot in the door with the Dallas Cowboys and their owner Jerry Jones, among other teams.

Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in 2007 by the Oakland Raiders, hasn't seen action since the 2009 season. The Raiders cut him before the 2010 season, and an attempted comeback in 2013 with the Chicago Bears fell flat.

But it appears Russell is aiming for another chance at the NFL, and he sent a letter to executives of various teams, including Jones, according to a Sports Illustrated report. An excerpt of his letter to Jones was briefly shown in SI's video report on Russell

SCREENSHOT FROM SPORTS ILLUSTRATED VIDEO

JaMarcus Russell's video to Jerry Jones

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/04/26/read-jamarcus-russells-letter-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-former-qb-says-play-free

In the letter, Russell talks about starting from the bottom, even volunteering to be on the scout team for free for a year.

"I don't write this with any preconceived notions of a huge salary or unseating your current starting quarterback," Russell says. "I am willing to work my way in and up. I am willing to lead the scout team for free for one year just to get experience in your system. I want to learn the playbook, sit under the proper tutelage and learn from your coaching staff. "

Russell backs up his pleas in a video complementing the report.

“I can be the waterboy and work my way into the scouting team, it doesn’t matter," Russell said. "I’d go play for free. I think there’s plenty of room for me.”

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Guess he's all out of purple drank

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Super sad for him to get 32 mil guaranteed.
No shit. Fuck JaMarcus Russel. He pissed away his chance at an NFL career. If he's broke now he has nobody to blame but himself and his purple drank.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Thankfully, I don't think even Jerral is stupid enough to bring this clown to town even if Russell thinks he might be.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No shit. Fuck JaMarcus Russel. He pissed away his chance at an NFL career. If he's broke now he has nobody to blame but himself and his purple drank.
If he really wants to revive his career he should go dominate in Canada or the CFL. Prove to people that he still has it and an NFL team will come calling.

Top Bottom