What Do You Want at #4?

What Do You Want at #4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hopefully they're already talking to teams who might be interested in Tunsil or Ramsey.

Would like to trade down since our QB is gone.

Get some more picks with a trade down and make some smart decisions.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Hopefully they're already talking to teams who might be interested in Tunsil or Ramsey.

Would like to trade down since our QB is gone.

Get some more picks with a trade down and make some smart decisions.
i agree - a guy like rankins will be just as good as anyone we can get at #4. this draft has the smell of 2013

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sorry Dallas0593. This poll was actually set up as trap to see who needs to be banned.

You voted... Poorly. Bye.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How far would you be comfortable trading down and still get Zeke?

If only trading down a couple spots (#8, for example) and the return was a 3rd-rounder, would this be your top option?
I think 8, 9, and 10 would all be safe. I think the Giants are the top spot he will go.

But I'm ok not taking Elliott at all.

data

Forbes #1
I think 8, 9, and 10 would all be safe. I think the Giants are the top spot he will go.

But I'm ok not taking Elliott at all.
I'd say a trade down is my second preference. I still went with Elliott, though, as the safe choice. Even though the RB position doesn't have the cache it had in the 20th century, I'd prefer to hit on RB than risk a higher potential miss prospect with a trade down.

Kind of like fantasy football with your top pick - don't go chasing waterfalls...wut?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd say a trade down is my second preference. I still went with Elliott, though, as the safe choice. Even though the RB position doesn't have the cache it had in the 20th century, I'd prefer to hit on RB than risk a higher potential miss prospect with a trade down.

Kind of like fantasy football with your top pick - don't go chasing waterfalls...wut?
My problem with Elliott isn't that he is a safe pick. I think his bust potential is very low in Dallas. But I think the reason his bust potential is so low in Dallas is because of our offensive line and not because of Elliott. If I'm taking a RB at 4 in the draft I want to see Peterson or LT freakish ability running the ball. I don't see that with Elliott. If you or someone else does, then I can see why you would want him at 4.

But taking a RB just because our offensive line is good just seems silly to me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Trade down. If no dance partner can be had, give me Zeke.

D

Deuce

I'm pretty much down to Bosa, Elliott or Lynch. I have little interest in anyone else. I don't care if we can trade down and still get 2 of those 3, I'm pretty much ready to just take whichever we want at 4 and be happy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How far would you be comfortable trading down and still get Zeke?

If only trading down a couple spots (#8, for example) and the return was a 3rd-rounder, would this be your top option?
Depends on the offer. I'd probably feel comfortable moving down to 10 with the Giants for a 2nd. If the first three picks are Goff, Wentz and Ramsey, then Elliot, Lynch, Bosa, Tunsil, or Buckner will probably still be there.

And I just don't feel like it's a lock that a RB on Gurley's level goes before Gurley did last year. Teams just shy away from that. I think if you stay in front of Miami, you are safe on Elliot, now that Philly has moved up to 2.

I would consider moving down with Tennessee depending on how much they want to give me. I'd want their early second, and then either 43 or 45.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty much down to Bosa, Elliott or Lynch. I have little interest in anyone else. I don't care if we can trade down and still get 2 of those 3, I'm pretty much ready to just take whichever we want at 4 and be happy.
I'm not so exclusive but the other first round guys I like just aren't supposed to go in the top 4-8 picks, so I wouldn't take them until we trade down. I love players like Lynch, Rankins, William Jackson III and Karl Joseph. Same sort of stuff with Vernon Butler and Shaq Lawson. I just don't think 4 works for these guys but after a trade down I'd be thrilled with some of them.

D

Deuce

I'm pretty sure the Bucs will be interested in trading up, especially if Tunsil is there so dropping to 9 shouldn't be too hard. Now whether they can get Zeke or Lynch at that spot is my question.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm pretty sure the Bucs will be interested in trading up, especially if Tunsil is there so dropping to 9 shouldn't be too hard. Now whether they can get Zeke or Lynch at that spot is my question.
In that scenario

1-2 Goff/Wentz
3- SD: Ramsey
4- TB: Tunsil
5- Jax: Jack
6- Bal: Buckner
7- SF: Bosa
8- Browns: Lynch
9- Dal: Elliott

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

data

Forbes #1
If Paxton lynch gets drafted before our first pick, Chicken Littles all over DCC chatter.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In that scenario

1-2 Goff/Wentz

Yup. It would be great to convince the Buccs to cough up their second to move up.

D

Deuce

In that scenario

1-2 Goff/Wentz

If that's how it goes, I don't hesitate to grab Cook in the 2nd unless someone unexpected falls.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In that scenario

1-2 Goff/Wentz

That looks great. But what if Miami decides to trade up with SF and takes Elliott there? Then we just missed on both Lynch and Elliott. Who do we take then, Bosa?

Top Bottom