TV Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't say it like that. Almost sounds like a guarentee and there shouldn't be. Lots of people think the show was lost after the Irish season and never came back.
I thought it rallied very well.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Looks interesting. And I really like the way Netflix is doing this and did Daredevil. You can binge watch all the episodes in a week or take it slow. All the outlets should do this. It's amazing. Daredevil was really good BTW.

D

Deuce

:lol

Well that's about what you get from here on out I think the season with the black kingpin drug dealer was ok.

I think that's season 5.
Ya, the season with the dude from Lost is what brought it back for me. Then it just became okay again. Much of my dislike revolved around
the delaying of killing Clay and basically everything that Jax's wife did. She annoyed me a lot.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ya, the season with the dude from Lost is what brought it back for me. Then it just became okay again. Much of my dislike revolved around
the delaying of killing Clay and basically everything that Jax's wife did. She annoyed me a lot.
Yeah they dragged that out way to long and Jax wife was great character until she went all the way old lady which never made any sense.

D

Deuce

Yeah they dragged that out way to long and Jax wife was great character until she went all the way old lady which never made any sense.
That's exactly when I stopped liking her. Her story at first was good cause she was the good doctor having to deal with being in this culture, but then she just accepted it and started to become Gemma Jr. No thanks.

Cotton

Staff member
You guys didn't like the character building, but in real life I think the way they built makes sense.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You guys didn't like the character building, but in real life I think the way they built makes sense.
Character building.:lol

There was no character building, they just had them do shit to move the convoluted plot forward, nobody did anything that fit their character after the 1st two seasons except for Gemma.

The whole juice thing is exhibit 1.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's exactly when I stopped liking her. Her story at first was good cause she was the good doctor having to deal with being in this culture, but then she just accepted it and started to become Gemma Jr. No thanks.
Yeah that bugged the shit out me and I almost threw up when the other hospital lady was a former old lady as well.

Cotton

Staff member
Character building.:lol

There was no character building, they just had them do shit to move the convoluted plot forward, nobody did anything that fit their character after the 1st two seasons except for Gemma.

The whole juice thing is exhibit 1.
Yeah, okay.

Didn't realize a character wasn't supposed to evolve.

D

Deuce

Yeah, okay.

Didn't realize a character wasn't supposed to evolve.
I thought it was stupid. They only did it so Gemma had someone to spare with and since she's sleeping with the writer. It was a much more intriguing show when Jax felt conflicted to walk the right path for her and his kids than when she basically went along with whatever.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought it was stupid. They only did it so Gemma had someone to spare with and since she's sleeping with the writer. It was a much more intriguing show when Jax felt conflicted to walk the right path for her and his kids than when she basically went along with whatever.
Cool, you didn't like the show. I disagree.

D

Deuce

Cool, you didn't like the show. I disagree.
I didn't say that, I just don't think every premise they used were good. There's a reason why everyone agrees the show is inconsistent.

Don't get all butthurt, Half-Sack.

D

Deuce

That's the point nobody evolved, the just went from one fuck up to the next.

The show was not terrible just maddeningly inconsistent.
That's the worst part. The have so many good characters to work with and they could have been an all-timer if they just stuck with what they were and didn't try to shoot for the moon.

Opie, Piney, Clay, Tigg all were great despite the turns in their storyline.

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't say that, I just don't think every premise they used were good. There's a reason why everyone agrees the show is inconsistent.

Don't get all butthurt, Half-Sack.
Who said every premise they used was good? I believe I was one of the first to say that the show went thru some lulls. But I think they rallied very well from that and ended it very good.

Cotton

Staff member
That's the point nobody evolved, the just went from one fuck up to the next.

The show was not terrible just maddeningly inconsistent.
If you don't think Jax and his wife's character evolved I don't know what to tell you.

Top Bottom